Turtle slaughtered and Bears Tortured

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Absane, Apr 5, 2008.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

WHat have I missed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

To us humans, humans are most important perhaps. Are we the most important species to any other animal ?
    It's all subjective, dependent on point of view. One species isn't really any more important than any other.
    Oh I am interested in an explanation of why humans are more important than animals.. it's just that you haven't given any.
    Why the attitude ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

But I have... in the previous post, with the theory I cited. The attitude, is because I think you're being dishonest

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's not an explanation.
    I am not being dishonest.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think you are when you say you just want to learn and understand how I think the way I do. You want to browbeat me into thinking the same way you do.

I don't. I don't humanize animals. I think they should be treated humanely and killed humanely. I understand loving a pet, I don't understand thinking you're its parent. I think you lie to yourself, considering you are a meat eater.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Not if you can convince me. Apparently you can't answer the question though, since you keep avoiding it.

Wait a sec.. you don't humanize animals but they should be treated humanely ?
    I don't lie to myself, and I don't humanize animals. I'm just saying humans are not more important than animals. It all depends on your point of view.
    I think any animal is MUCH more valuable to it's ecosystem than any human will ever be. In fact, humans are in the process of destroying a good many ecosystems.. negative value.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think humans are more important because I am a human. Just like bears think bears are more important than humans. When a meet a bear who thinks I am more important than he is, then I may rethink my stance.

If my kid is starving and I'm looking at the very last polar bear on the planet. I'm gonna kill it and eat it. Why? Because the survival of the human race is more important to me.

Humans are as important to the ecosystem as animals. We just happen to suck at it. And animals have been wiping each other out forever. They are not noble creatures with superior ethics.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The difference of course is that bears do not have the capacity to think whoever is more important, humans do.
    So bears do not think they are more important than you nor do the think you are more important then they are.
    If you would have said 'humans are more important to me' that would be fine, but you stated it as an absolute.

To you.

They have no ethics. Animals are just trying to survive, humans have a choice.
    It depends on your definition of 'important', but I really wouldn't say that destroying something is the same as being important to that something. Would you ?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and what is that choice?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

To not needlessly harm animals, or destroy nature.

Edit: Maybe you were thinking 'to die' ? lol

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't know anyone who needlessly does so. I don't think that turtle was needlessly killed and eaten.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I do, tons. Humans do it every day, for fun even. Remember that puppy thread ?
    I never said that turtle was needlessly killed.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

then why aren't you talking to them? You sure do know some crappy people.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't know any personally.. but I know about them. See above.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

pfft. Oh, so you're read about it. ok then.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, I see it happen. Once I saw someone drive over a dove on purpose. I know it was on purpose because they steered the car towards it.
    I've seen people deliberately step on snails, ants etc. frogs even.
    If you never seen any of that you probably don't get out much.
    Many more examples, like that movie above.. it was on the news.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

huh, maybe the driver thought the stupid bird would remember it had wings.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea.. I guess they were like you then :bugeye:
    Doves can be exhausted from the enormous distances they travel. It was sitting at the side of the road. They drove over it intentionally. Imagine the fun.

Any comment on that video ?

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ok, and I'm done.