turkish response of armenian claims

Discussion in 'History' started by WildBlueYonder, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, Aziz, you could hold up some examples from the site and explain why you feel or don't that they are correct.

For example, in the first page of your link I note:

The statement is entirely uncited. What are we meant to conclude by it?

Geoff

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

As a matter of fact, much of the site is completely uncited.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Here's another interesting one: there's a listing of Turks supposedly killed by Armenians (which then presumably provides the excuse for the Genocide, I guess) and identified by one: "Prof. Dr. Metin ÖZBEK, Anthropologist". He lists a series of wound marks and the like on the skeletons of the victims. He does not, I note, provide any photographic evidence whatsoever.

All "Dr Osbek's" points are based on cranial skull morphology. Now, it was my understanding that cranial morphology had essentially been demolished by Gould. So, in the first case, his identification of the victims is sketchy at best.

In the second case, he has no evidence that Armenians of any kind were involved with the crime - are Turks incapable of killing other Turks? does not the fact that the region is Turkish suggest, rather, that it was other Turks who were responsible, if that is the game "Dr. Ozbek" wishes to play? - but he has no hesitation whatsoever to point his finger at them. There is no end to the kind of specious impressions this individual lays out; yet there they are, for all to see. What is one forced to conclude from this? My impression is that the Turkish charges are spurious and contrived.

Most of this is summed up in the bizarre conclusion:

The final bit is used in a sweeping rant and damnation of the Armenians - and yet, even were they involved (and there is not a shred of evidence any were), what possible difference would a single event make to the outcome of the entire case, which is of a genocide against Armenians?

Clearly, the only thing that needs being rewritten is the Turkish perspective on their religious minorities, probably starting with Aziz.

Geoff

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

azizbey:

So, having read the wikipedia article that I linked for you, what do you think about it? Is is fair, or not? If not, what do you take issue with?

8. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

I realize you suggested they do some research, which is a good suggestion, but the odd thing about your post is you seem skeptical about the idea that one group might actually have committed an unprovoked atrocity. Or let's say: bear 95 % of the blame. I am quite sure some Jews did some bad things in pre-holocaust germany, but still, the Nazis were the bad guys, even if they have a version of blame. For example.

9. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

Turkey is going to Lahey International Court of Justice (ICJ) very soon, they will submit national archives, also archives from party of Tashnak in Boston, Greek orthadox church in Istanbul, and the documents of the foreign government employees who were in Turkey at the time of the incident.
    also Armenian gov't will be invited to make their own case. ICJ will give the final decision, once and for all
    i will post more info as the trial starts

i have read the wikipedia, and who has written that, just read the my post about ICJ

there are lots of evidence of Amenian crimes and killings against turkish population during WWI, if you visit the site i have previously posted, you will see.
    then again, you have a choice to refuse any documents you dont like, and believe in the ones your ideology accepts

i have read the info at wikipedia long ago. history is written by the winners, well thats not exactly true. but the truth is armenian diaspora and lobby are working very hard, systematically for years to get foreign gov't to accept that there was a (so called) genocide, however, we will see the truth when both parties bring their evidences to the International Court of Justice in Lahey, then, so be it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, in that they a) jumped to all their conclusions with a clear political bias, b) were based on crap science and c) were completely uncited I'd say I do quite well to refuse them.

Other people with a brain would probably feel the same.

11. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

well
    a) nobody jumped to any conclusion on Turkey's part, may be it is foreign gov'ts and some states in the US, with the help of Armenian diaspora, recognized so-called genocide without further investigation.
    that's a no brainer...
    b) archives are crap science? my work is done here
    c)uncited? all the claims by Turkish gov't cited and documented. you and armenian diaspora will see them in Lahey International Court for Justice

and anyone with brain will want to see Armenian Gov't positive response to meeting in Lahey, so before int'l committee, both sides will settle this monkey business once and for all...
    if I were you, I would ask the Armenian gov't to go to Lahey
    and accept the final decision, or will they , again, refuse it?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, the examples illustrated contained a doctor who was very eager to jump to the conclusion that it was the Armenians who had murdered a family of putative Turks, despite no evidence whatsoever of Armenian associations. I expect it's reflective of the entire site.

You're admitting that the Turkish archives are crap science? My work is done here.

Yes. Uncited. No newspaper links, no independent accounts. Uncited. As substantial as the air.

And when the final decision supports the Armenian claims, what will you do? Will you accept it, or will you reject it and most more anti-Armenian nonsense?

Geoff

13. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I did. It was all essentially in the same vein: no public reportage, no links to associating institutions, contrived results. That's insufficient.

What original documents? Link them. All I saw was reports transcribed onto the site. No proof. No public reportage. No third parties. No links to same. Contrived results. Your position is bollocks.

YES, really. I repeat: uncited. No newspaper links, no independent accounts. Uncited.

LOL. The extremis refuge of the inarticulate: the accusation of mercenarialism.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your statements make no sense on a logical or moral ground. Rephrase and repost.

Geoff

15. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

if you check the site carefully, you will see the original documents of each claims, of course they are in arabic, but you will see the translation, or if you dont believe the translation, then hire a translater, or if you dont believe the documents at all, wait for Lahey

by the way, when i look at it, your statements dont kame any sense either. when it comes to your logic and moral ground, that's another story, long story

in addition, if you like to lower the level of discussion to an unapropriate levels, may be you dont belong here. i handle the likes of you on the streets, over here i would like to follow the rules of the site.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I checked and found a lot of spurious implications and bad logic.

Well, that's seemingly because you don't understand evidendiary process or logic; a failing common to Nazis, I notice.

I lower the level of discussion, and you make threats? You seem to have proved my point for me, really. I've tried again and again to point out the ridiculous leap of faith involved in the conclusions of the people on your site, yet you ignore them and then try to threaten physical violence. So you've in essence supported some of the things these nasty, nasty Armenians have been saying about your nation.

Congratuations!

Anyway, you wouldn't really want to me the likes of me on the streets. So don't bother. You can't get me kicked off the site - but do try! - and you can't do anything else. You're basically helpless. Not my fault though.

Geoff

17. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

here is the hero, the defender of armenian claims!!!
    i threw piece of bait, and you did not miss a second to show your real colors.
    dont worry, i dont think you will be kicked out of here, we love people like you
    anyway, i would like to wait and see the results of Lahey case
    until then rest easy

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

...what in the hell are you talking about? Do you have any argument to offer? A point, perhaps?

The site noob says "we"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What is it he's meant to be proving? Ridiculous.

Oh. And here I thought you were going for a showdown. Whatever.

19. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

This thread is closed yet again. This time it will not reopen. azizbey earned a three-day ban for his threat -perhaps this will give him time enough to cool off. If he chooses to come back and discuss other topics in a reasoned manner, without insults, flames, and threats, fine.

If he does come back, others need not bait or troll him. I might consider infractions for such behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.