Trying to hard to believe

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jayleew, Jan 31, 2013.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

that statement could only come from the mouth of a person who is so overwhelmed by their ideological perspective that they can't even recognize it as an ideological perspective (ie a fanatic)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

PC nonsense.

"Other people's outlook on life is an ideology, a result of indoctrination, but mine is not! I am open-minded! I see things as they really are!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

You're misrepresenting me. I never said people don't become ideologues or become indoctrinated in their lives. I simply said that parents aren't always the ones to do it, with the exception of religiosity. How many dinner tables feature liberal parents and conservative children, or vice-versa? Now how many dinner tables feature Jewish parents and Muslim children?

People are far more likely to differ from their parents in politics than religion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

a more appropriate parallel would be "how many dinner tables feature american liberal parents and monarchist children"

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Parenting is indoctrination.

All parents are, directly or indirectly, teaching their children a particular set of statements about true and false, right and wrong.