Trump's Animal House argument

Discussion in 'Politics' started by billvon, Dec 1, 2023.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

I found this funny.

Trump is currently arguing that his case in Georgia should be thrown out, because if they can include him in a RICO case along with lawyers of his, then you had to include "millions of people throughout the country” who believed election fraud had taken place, and were working toward the same goal as Trump and his lieutenants.

His team also said that there are lots of bank robbers out there, “but the mere fact that they all rob banks and have the same goal and many of the same methods of operation, does not mean that all American bank robbers constitute one RICO enterprise, despite the fact that they are people who commit the same crime, for the same reason."

Where have I heard that before? Ah yes, the argument that the Tri-Lams use in Animal House when they try to avoid being expelled:
    ===================================
    Otter : Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. [winks] But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

TheVat and DaveC426913 like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

It does seem that Trump trawls from the lowest rung of lawyers. They seem to get lambasted in all his cases ongoing at the moment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

MAGA! Making Attorneys Get Attorneys!

DaveC426913 and Sarkus like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.