True Blood

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Oct 26, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

does anyone know, what that woman is? I mean she's obviously a demon of some sort but what?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Japarican Registered Senior Member

I think she is the horned beast that attacked sookie

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Who is sookie ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Japarican Registered Senior Member

One of the main characters of True Blood.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, kill me please.

9. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I assume from the imagery that she is some sort of pagan sorceress or witch. There have clearly been allusions to Circe from Greek Mythology, and the bacchanal party she threw and her ability to inspire people to acts of lust are similar to some reports about the evil influence of witches.

Also note that the Minotaur was, technically, Circe's nephew, as Circe's sister was Pasiphae, mother of the Minotaur.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I wonder if V can heal or if the healing factor must come straight out of the vampire's arm.

The vampires live in some sort of secret society. But there doesn't seem to be a single one that doesn't have a history of murder/serial killing. Even Vampire Bill is a serial killer. He killed her uncle.

What they did with Lafayette was illegal, and Sookie witnessed it. Sookie didn't need to bargain in order to keep Lafayette safe. She could have easily turned them in anytime. In fact, bargaining with them instead of turning them in could make her an accessory. Lafayette had every reason to turn them in as soon as he got home. They never even mention at all why he was avoiding telling the police. Everthing would have been so much easier had Sookie simply called the police as soon as she found him. But then there would be no movie.

They never mention at all why Bill didn't heal Lafayette. When they dropped him off, they offered to take him to the hospital. WTF? Bill has healing blood. Yet they want to take him to the hospital? No explanation for this.

Who is this crazy benefactor who seems to have some devious plan for Tara?
    She even threw the mom's present in the bushes?
    What is her power? What is she doing to all those people?
    Is the crazy lady connected with the monster that killed the quack healer lady?
    Why did the monster attack Sookie?
    It appears that it attacked that new waitress, but maybe not. She seems to know what Sam is.
    Who is this giant pig?
    Why does Eric want to keep track of Lafayette?
    How did the sun cult find out Sookie and Bill were coming?
    Why are they so interested in Jason? They found him in a jail cell when they thought he was killing vampire lovers. But he wasn't.
    Who is this new psychic bloke?
    Eric is claiming that there will be civil war if Goodrich isn't found. Why is Goodrich only Sheriff if he's so powerful? Why is Eric really interested in him? Is he Eric's maker?

What? She's the protagonist of the movie. How could you not know the main character?

11. Japarican Registered Senior Member

The suspense...

12. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I disagree. Eric is already outside the human mainstream, he liekly would have simply killed any police that showed up, then killed Sookie, and definitely killed Lafayette. Then he'd have moved and hidden from human authorities.

Eric is the "sheriff" of the vampire district. It's clear that he enforces what laws they have, and he is likely in charge of punishing the criminals. What makes human laws "valid" and vampire laws "invalid" in your mind? They have clearly "governed" themselves for millennia at least, and as part of that they have their own laws. There is no rule that says you cannoyt have two separate legal systems on one piece of land (in fact, the U.S. does have that in reality), especially when dealing with different populations. Take Israel, there is national law, there is Talmudic law and there is Sharia law. The latter two only apply in special cases to certain people.

As for Lafayette, if he tells the police anything, he gets killed. If not by Eric then by someone Eric commands. Plus, the story of Lafayettes selling V and other drugs comes out, so the police (legally) throw him into a pit we call "Louisiana prison."

Selling V just happens to be against both human law and vampire law.

None needed. It has been established that giving healing blood establishes a link between a vampire and a human. Bill is not in love with his fellow man enough to give every dying or injured soul his blood and then suffer through that connection with them. Who ever said Bill was noble or self-sacrificing? Who ever siaid that he gives a damn about Lafayette? He probably knows that Lafayette was dealing in V, and since people attacked and tried to drain him for that purpose, probably does not look kindly on V sellers.

IMO, Bill merely acquiesced in the saving of Lafayette from Eric, he wasn't championing it. If Sookie hadn't insisted, Bill probably would have left him to rot in Fangtasia's basement.

After seeing Sunday's episode this evening, I think she is clearly somehow related to Circe and/or the Maenads. The pig reference comes from Circe's changing men into pigs. I suspect the parties will wind up being related to the Bacchanalia, which also involved into wild orgies. Note that Godric is about 2,000 years old, putting him alive at just about the right time to have interacted with the Bacchanalian cults. Again, the minotaur was Circe's nephew in the mythology, though clearly, Maryann is a follower of Bacchus (Dionysius in Greek) as the paintings and statues in her house have several such motifs.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think it makes sense that they had to deal with Eric because if the police got involved, Lafayette would be in trouble for dealing V. But they seem to have overlooked the how enormous a favor Sookie did for Lafayette.

I don't get that crazy woman's power and her obsession with Tara. She seems to have been able to easily amplify the emotions of people. What was that whole ritual she was pulling at that party? What was she doing to those people, and why? That was the third time. First at the bar, then at her house, and then at Tara's.

But then, how was she able to get everybody to gang up on Tara?

Goodrich definitely seems like an interesting character. I really like the designs for that character's look. It reminds me of a friend of mine that lives on a beach island.

And the plot thickens - It's Nathan Stark from Eureka.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  14. Gustav Banned Banned

15. Gustav Banned Banned

16. Gustav Banned Banned

17. Gustav Banned Banned

Thou
    Truly a Child of God

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Her tongue was coming out alot during dialogue with Jason upstairs.

OK I don't get it. How did that white dude find out Sookie was working for the otherside?

Also, I'm pissed off. Way too many episodes without any real Laffayette lines. They need to hurry up, and bring that character back to the way he used to be.

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another issue, why weren't Sookie and her "fiancee" armed? I mean, what good is it to bring a psychic along so you know that your cover is blown if you can't defend yourself?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  20. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I assume the answer is: because they have someone inside Godrick's crew. They knew Sookie was coming (though they had no details). It makes sense that once she gets there, they'd get more details. That her plan was known to them suggests it is someone pretty high up, likely one of the characters we have already met: The female vampire or the male vampire in Godrick's crew, or the female vampire's boyfriend. On the latter theory, I note how stupid he was for not retreating as soon as his telepathic sidekick indicated she wanted to go. It was not *his* role to gather information, so what does he care if there is more to the tour?

Still that would be a bit obvious, and you then get the question of how the vampire woman did not glamor his treason out of him at some point. Either of Godrick's subordinates might want him out of the way to "move up" though, and the human lover may have been just a pawn of the female vampire.

Another theory that occurs to me is that the "mole" might be the telepathic bell boy. He ran off very quick once discovered, and he knew why Sookie was there. He may have been reading human thralls' minds for a while to collect intel on their plans.

On the other hand, this whole thing could be a ploy by Godrick to get in front of the Army of Light and destroy them pre-emptively. He's the sheriff of Texas, so that seems to be part of his job to me. My only issue there is that it seems like a needlessly complicated plan. All he needs to do is glamor the preacher and convince him to bring the Army of Light together at night in some remote forest...and there's no need to worry about getting captured. Still, assuming he's so powerful at 2,000 years old that being captured presents no serious danger to him, he may be doing this for fun.

As for why Sookie did not have a gun. I do agree that this church would be a place where having a concealed weapon would not have been considered suspicious, so I am not sure.

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think the question about Sookie going in strapped was meant to be faceteous.

Anyway, the church leader and his wife were clearly warned in advanced that Sookie was coming. I think it was either Isabelle or Hugo. The vampire from Eureka is too dumb. However, when Sookie read the Hugo's mind, he was in love with Isabelle. Also, his motivation seems to be that he wants to become a vampire so that he could be with Isabelle forever. But then again, he might be working for the church.

1. When Sookie read his mind, he kept saying forever. Possibly to mask his thoughts.
    2. When he was telling Sookie about wanting to become a vampire, perhaps it was simply a ruse to cause dissent between her and Vampire Bill.
    3. Note, not even Sookie found out who the murderer was in the previous season even though she saw him everyday. She never even figured out his accent and everything about him was fake.

Thus, it might have been Hugo that managed to get Goodrich caught. I really don't think Goodrich ever had any intentions to destroy the church. The previous episode clearly made an example of what a foolish idea that would be.

I don't know what is up with the Barry the stupid Bellboy. He had a serious fear about being discovered. For good reason. Eric obviously wants Sookie for himself. That's why he sent Bill's maker to disrupt their relationship.

I think Andy is going to save Sam, and put a bullet in that stupid witch lady.

Also, I knew all along that Bill was a murderous psychopath, but I didn't know he was that crazy. What does this revalation mean for his relationship with Sookie?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

So somehow, Goodrich must be involved with the church. But what is he up to? So it turns out the witch lady is Satan, and she has the power to manipulate people's emotions, and put them in a trance. I still don't get how Sookie never finds out who the bad guy is when she can read minds. She should have known about the killer in the first season. And she should have known about the traitor guy in this season. She sucks.

23. Gustav Banned Banned

The Maenads

These roistering hellions from ancient Greece were the original lady drunkards, the templates from which all future contenders were drawn.

They were the handmaidens of Dionysus, the god of wine, and believe you me, if you were a god, you’d want handmaidens like the Maenads. They intoxicated themselves on bowl after bowl of explosively potent, blood-red wine and spread the word of their Lord with extraordinary vigor and diligence.

maryann was alleged to be a maenad
    the satan ref was kinda tongue in cheek and shit