top ten signs you're a xian

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by geeser, Feb 24, 2006.

1. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

His visions were never wrong.
    Ya think....
    Try again, just keep watching.
    He never said USSR, He said Russia....
    He said the communists were nothing to worry about.
    God raised Russia up to deal the death blow to the U.S. when she turned away from Him and failed to repent as a nation.
    As I said before, God sometimes gives nation a space to repent of about 40 years..
    Check the scriptures.
    That 40 years is up..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

there has and never will be, any evidence for any prophecies, actually coming true.
    prove just one instance of just one prophecy actually coming true and I and Mr Randi will give you one million dollars.
    http://www.randi.org/
    no need it wont happen.
    I could just as well check the Grimm fairy tales, I'd get just as much useful information.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Frick, at least Grimm's Fairy Tales make sense, and have a coherent plot. In the bible, the main character (god) just flip-flops around aimlessly in an semi-epileptic stupor.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

The last and seventh vision was wherein I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America.

No fairy tale , my friend......

8. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

visitor: I had a dream just like that, funny thing though, I knew mine was'nt real.
    once you wake up you may realise it was all a dream, but I doubt it.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You should have moved to rural Lancaster County PA, where I live.

"Jesus is COMING! Are you READY?" (pic of jesus on a stick)

"Where will you spend ETERNIYT? Heaven or HELL???" (pic of sinners burning in a lake of boiling blood or something).

10. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Hey, Geese....do you ever "wake up" really..?
    Maybe you better just have another nip...for that hair of the dog...eh?
    You have no clue what I'm talking about, but it'll come back to you about the time you see that small sun hanging above your city, blinding your eyes and lighting up rooms in your house that even have the shades drawn.
    That will be just before the shock wave hits.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  11. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

well quite clearly some of us do and some of us dont.
    I dont drink, it changes your reality and personality.
    does anybody.
    I see it everyday, well if it is'nt cloudy that is.
    I was always told not to look directly at it, it's common sense.
    yes I complained to the wife, about the curtains being to thin.
    what shock wave is that, are we going to have another tsunami, hope not a lot of people died in the last one, but thanks for the warning, but I dont think it will really effect england to much. but I hope they have made provisions for the people who may be effected.
    if of course you not dreaming as usual, and it's not one of your silly, hallucinations.

12. mustafhakofi I sa'id so Registered Senior Member

does your head hurt, mr visitor, because it must do, how can it not hurt with all that stupidity bang around in it.
    wow you have seriously lost it.

13. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Merely trying to tell Geeser some prophecy does come true.
    Can't help that you don't beleive in it, but when it's vindicated 100% accurate, I listen.
    1000's of visions, never wrong one time and said when Russia goes down for the oil, look out.
    Just thought you might want to know.
    Take it or leave it......I could really care less weather you believe it or not.
    Have a nice day...

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I don't understand what would make you think they had them to lose. This statement is obviously not true Q. Consider human history and tell me it's not a very human thing to believe in total bullshit to get you through whatever. Hmm.. yeah I think it's actually fairly rare that humans are really "rational and reasonable".

Let me ask you a question:

Do you think it's possible that given certain circumstances it is "rational and reasonable" to believe in supernatural beings?

I presume you think for the most part not, to which I would point out that either humanity isn't rational and reasonable, or human history is a prime example of such circumstances.

Plenty of really great, loving people (for the most part) believe in absolute tripe. If you think about it, it's really a cost-benefit thing. There is no requirement regarding survival that your beliefs be grounded in rationality or reasonability, so long as they don't directly contradict reality. In fact, it's better for the tribe if you believe what the tribal leaders tell you to believe.

If a boulder is falling down the hill to kill you. It doesn't matter if you believe god sent it or the force of gravity is pulling it toward a larger mass so long as you move before it hits you.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

wise words.

peace.

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Belief and hallucination are like drinking and driving

17. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

You think thats "air" your breathing....?
    (yeah, thats from the "Matrix". It's riddled with christian symbology)
    Can you comprehend symbolism.....? Shadows and types in the scriptures.
    They speak of what's true and to come.
    This life is just a shadow of the "real"

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

That aint how reality works bud.

19. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

TheVisitor, you should see the prophecy series then, if you start to belive in movies.

20. its also riddled with symbolism from the greek/roman religion. so what?

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Of course you see it as christian. That's your world-view.

In my world-view this says that "air" is just a label we use for "stuff" that fills another label, our "lungs". It speaks to observational distance, and the separation from 'reality' that is consequential to labeling it.

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Actually, with some time spent you can clearly see that The Matrix was christian propaganda through and through. Was still a good movie if you ignore the religious undertones.

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I've spent some time and reached the conclusion that it can be seen in many different ways, mostly depending on how you choose to see it.

I don't see it as particularly christian, but I'm certain I could if I were prone to such a thing.

The philosophy I saw in it is a reflection of myself. I'm not so sure what the writers were trying to say so much as I am what I saw of my own comprehension of existence. Well, and the cool special effects.

I thought they were very entertaining movies.