tony1, Sir Loone, and anyone else that wants to chime in.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Patman, Nov 5, 2001.

1. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by QueenGypsy13
    You hear demons???

You don't find that strange????

Most people would say your nuts!!!!

But, I'm not most people!

I also read what they write.
    You can, too.
    Simply review your own posts.

Not the parts you wrote when you feel sort of OK, the parts where you feel like extra energy is powering you, and you are going to set someone STRAIGHT!!!
    Those parts are easier to recognize because they are pretty much incoherent.

*Do you speak with them or do they speak to you????*

I usually just tell them to go out of the people they're in.
    They usually yell incoherently, and sputter, stammer, and splut in a random manner.

*What do they sound like???*

Truth be told, just plain stupid.

*Can you see them???*

Generally no.

*Do they look cool or do they look like people???*

Neither.

*Originally posted by Banshee
    Couldn't you stop writing at all?

Couldn't you?

*Originally posted by Taken
    I will not spend time widdleing away at shallow and mute points with you.

Are you leaving us?
    If you aren't, what are you going to do?

*The blind leading the blind.*

Which are you?

*Originally posted by Banshee
    The battle for dominance between Islam and Israel began with their mothers!

So all this trouble for the last several thousand years is a cat fight?

*Where are the human rights in this war?*

Beats me.
    Where did you do see them last?

*Is there any doubt about why the nations they seek to rule are in trouble? *

No doubt at all.
    Those nations they seek to rule are even worse.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Oh Loone, it is difficult to know where to begin. Let’s take some quotes from famous religionists and from those who created Christianity.

Saint Augustine 354-430 CE - I should not believe in the gospels unless the catholic church forced me to do so.

The early church father Tertuillian (c. 160-200 CE) made the statement “credo quia incredibilis est” – I believe because it is unbelievable, he goes on to say that Christianity was a shameful thing and monstrously absurd. His irrationality surpasses your own because, and he states, that he believes in the resurrection because it was manifestly impossible.

The catholic encyclopedia admits the idea of a clear-cut cannon of the NT existing from the beginning…. Has no foundation in history.

The church historian, Mosheim, writes that, "The Christian Fathers deemed it a pious act to employ deception and fraud." ... Again, he says: "The greatest and most pious teachers were nearly all of them infected with this leprosy." Will not some believer tell us why forgery and fraud were necessary to prove the historicity of Jesus.

Another historian, Milman, writes that, "Pious fraud was admitted and avowed by the early missionaries of Jesus."

"It was an age of literary frauds," writes Bishop Ellicott, speaking of the times immediately following the alleged crucifixion of Jesus.

And it is the opinion of Dr . Robertson Smith that, "There was an enormous floating mass of spurious literature created to suit party views." The clerical confessions of lies and frauds in the ponderous volumes of the Catholic Encyclopedia alone suffice. ..to wreck the Church and to destroy utterly the Christian religion. ...The Church exists mostly for wealth and self-aggrandizement; to quit paying money to the priests would kill the whole scheme in a couple of years.

Loone. This is a tiny fraction of comments and evidence that is freely available that will show you how the bible is entirely fictitious and fraudulent in every aspect that you consider important.

I’d add a lot more here but I don’t believe that for one moment that your closed and completely indoctrinated mind will even consider anything I say here has any truth. So I won’t waste my time further.

Cris

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

The Catholic church certainly was on a roll in the early days.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Taken Registered Senior Member

I do not understand the persistant badgering on the Catholic church. They are not the root of all evil. They are just another symptom of a greater ill among man kind. Have they truely harmed you so badly if in fact you saw the truth by noticing their deception? Did they not serve a purpose for the greater good in doing so? We know God is not limited to the services of the righteouse in performing His works. Pray for them if you feel they are so near condemnation. Even of those who crucified Him, Jesus cried out Father forgive them for they know not what they do. One man stood looking at the great sin and shame in Sodom and said Lord spare them.

8. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

I do not understand the persistant badgering on the Catholic church.

Whhhhaaaaattt?
    You're an expert at it.

*They are not the root of all evil. They are just another symptom of a greater ill among man kind.*

Have you not noticed the love of money inherent in the Catholic Church?
    That IS the root of all evil, BTW.

*Have they truely harmed you so badly if in fact you saw the truth by noticing their deception?*

I see the lovey-dovey motherly hormones are kicking in, but would you say the same about a murderer?
    Did the murderer really kill you if you saw the truth by noticing their murder?
    You may find it a little difficult to think straight with those hormones.
    I may have to set IE to "Compensate for Pregnancy."

*Did they not serve a purpose for the greater good in doing so?*

Yes, but so did Satan when smiting Job with boils.
    I'm guessing the average person will choose "no boils" when given a choice between "boils" and "no boils."

*Pray for them if you feel they are so near condemnation.*

Contrary to what you're thinking, I draw a distinction between the Catholic church and people who belong to the organization.
    If everyone simply woke up and left the Catholic church, the problem would be gone.

*One man stood looking at the great sin and shame in Sodom and said Lord spare them. *

They got blasted.

9. Taken Registered Senior Member

Yes they did and so may well the Catholic church The point is that a man who had his heart and mind set on the ways of God and walked upright in Gods sight did not call for their destruction, but instead stood in the gap and pleaded for mercy on them. Is that not the example we should follow? The example also set by Jesus? Should we not also have the same compassion and tolerance for our fellow man?

10. Taken Registered Senior Member

P.S. I don't need meare hormones to stir my soul, I have the Spirit of God to do that.

11. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

"You persecute men by the same reasoning that Isreal persecuted and killed their own Savior, their divine promise as given to Abraham. You are so sure of your rules and laws and yet you have no heart of God or Spirit of love."

What are you talking about?

I simply said that no one is judging you by anything but the doctrines you put out.

Your husband's earnings and your works mean nothing in determining whether you are saved.

I thought it was pretty simple.

Ben

12. Taken Registered Senior Member

Thank you Kalvin...that is in fact the very point I was trying to make to Tony. Being wealthy is not evidence of being right with God.

13. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

The point is that a man who had his heart and mind set on the ways of God and walked upright in Gods sight did not call for their destruction, but instead stood in the gap and pleaded for mercy on them.

What Bible are you reading?
    Lot was the guy who offered his daughters to all the men of the city.
    Why would Lot call for the destruction of S&G anyway?
    He lived there.

*Is that not the example we should follow?*

What?
    Offer our daughters to all the men of the city?
    Be so densely unaware of evil that two angels have to come down and drag you out of your house?
    You can follow that example if you want.
    I'll follow Jesus.

*The example also set by Jesus? Should we not also have the same compassion and tolerance for our fellow man?*

Well, you could start by seeing if there is any difference between Lot and Jesus.

*Being wealthy is not evidence of being right with God.*

You've proven that.
    However, being broke is evidence of not being right with God.

A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
    (Proverbs 28:20, KJV).

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
    His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
    Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

(Psalms 112:1-3, KJV).

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Angels...or...

Throughout ancient religious writings there are descriptions of
    angels sent by god from the planet Heaven. These angelic visitors are oftendescribed as arriving and departing inside clouds or flying metallic objects.
    It seems reasonable that these stories are based on truth and representactual visits by angels,visitors,watchers,extraterrestrials, messengers,
    or what ever you choose to call them. Angels are described as essentially spiritual and superhuman beings that are messengers of god and visitors from another world. The angels are often given credit for bringing writing and early technology to Earth. An Angel of the Lord spoke with Abraham in the Torah, when he was 99 years old and childless, telling the Jewish leader he
    had been chosen to be the father of a multitude of nations. One angel brought the message of the entire Koran to Mohammed and the Moslems. In Indian Vedic writings the topmost authority in the material universe is known as Brahma, and he lives in the highest material planetary system, called Brahmaloka. The writings contain detailed descriptions of flying craft and their operators.

In the Christian Bible it states: In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth and a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary.
    The angel went to her and said, "Greetings you are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angle said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will
    be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his Father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, his kingdom will never end. "How can this be" Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?' The angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will over shadow you. So the Holy One to be born will
    be called the Son of God! Luke 1-verses 26 to 35. Two thousand years later, much of world celebrates this birth at Christmas time.

Thousands of books have been written describing the angels interactions with humans. Many people write and tell of healings and other miracles caused by angels.. If even one percent of the stories are true, we have angels here on Earth today. If you visit the great temples and churches around the world, you will find that many have accounts of an angel who designed and oversaw
    their construction. Frequently, the stories include sightings of strange shaped flying objects. You can argue that these are only stories, but very strong evidence exists throughout the world or the reality of these stories.
    Look at the shapes, towers, domes of these great temples and churches. Many have features that look exactly like UFOs that were built at great cost and are considered engineering marvels.

Ezekiel 1:4
    And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Ezekiel 1:5
    Also out of the midst thereof [came] the likeness of four living creatures. And this [was] their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

Ezekiel 1:6
    And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

Ezekiel 1:7
    And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

Ezekiel 1:8
    And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

Ezekiel 1:9
    Their wings [were] joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

Ezekiel 1:10
    As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Angels...? Or...?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Merry Christmas to you all...

15. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Bible quotes from Banshee?

Merry Christmas to you, too.

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Just for once Tony...

I bet you didn't read it at all.

Have a nice day.

'Talk' to you later...

17. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: Just for once Tony...

Did.

It is somewhat similar to Erich von Daniken's stuff.