To spank or not to spank.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Mar 9, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'm 18. Not a child by anyone's standards.

I don't go around indulging my angry urges, otherwise I wouldn't be typing here as I would be in jail.

I feel I would like to punch some people due to them being assholes, but doesn't mean I actually do it. If I can't win using reason, it says more about me than them.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:worship::thumbsup:
    well said

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm so tired of hearing this from people (that and its inverse)" you, your self is not the model of how every child should be raised, it simply is not in any way reasonable to consider a statistic of 1, and anyone that does should be ashamed of them self!

Now how ever you reacted to the idea of phyical punishment or how you see it ethically has not barring on other people and children, forgive me for telling you this but how you thought as a child may not be how other children thought, that right, some other children just might have completely different thought process, a thought process for example that may be very amendable to being spanked.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Go watch a wolf pack or a group of dogs. Then watch the alpha correct one that is a bit beligerent. At first it will look like a full blown dog fight but it's not. But the alpha does get a bit rough sometimes. Just because they have to get a bit rough, doesn't mean they aren't doing it for a purpose.

For one, they are your parents, and within a certain margin, can discipline you the way they see fit.
    To this day I have no problem with paddle or hand spakings (I detest other means of spaking, belt/hickory limb/pants down-bare ass, etc.)

I guess you and I should never have kids together then. Haha.

8. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Depends on who's spanking me.
    Oh, you meant something else. Nevermind.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Humans are not dogs...we're a little more complicated.

Just because they're your parents doesn't mean anything short of a certain amount of abuse is ok.

I would only hit a kid if they were actually doing something wrong physically like hurting myself or another kid.

I have no problem kicking my niece if she physically starts on me. But that's a different dynamic, it's not a punishment, it's just showing her that if you hurt someone you can expect her to do it back.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Humans are animals, negative and positive reinforcement work the same as in any other animal.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Possibly some kids respond to being slapped or spanked. I am against it for reasons I already described.

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

and I discredited those reasons already.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

actually i have 3 children of my own and i would like to think i know the full range of children thankyou, ok i used to think that it was ok to spank your kids, but one day i hit my son accross the back of the legs and then i was reported to social services for doing so, and after 2 months of perantal classes and visits to hospitals where children were hit by the mums and dads i rethought what i did and now know it is wrong, if you hit your child then you have lost control and give the children reason to go against you, grounding and taking away favourate toys or games works well enough for my kids, i was vetted by social services for weeks until they decided i was safe with my child, he was kciking and screaming and he hit me and i hit him back nothing serious just a short sharp slap accross the back of the legs and i nearly lost my son because of it,

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

A statistic of 3, wow what an improvement over 1.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And from the same parent and genetic stock too, wow it completely covers the behavioral range of all children... excuse me, my sarcasm is causing even my own blood to curdle.

In all honestly maybe your actions were not the same as spanking, maybe they were abusive, then again maybe they were not as abusive as truely abuse parents. Sometimes people (even society) have difficulty separating one level of action from another, for example separating mild negative reinforcement from abuse, but give me 2 months of government sponsored brainwashing and I'm sure I would see how crystal clearly wrong it is too.

Sure, a pump of your fists into a child often is the result of losing control, but garbing a child, pulling it over you nees, removing your belt, removing it pants... well there a lot of coordination required there, not that I'm saying that the same as emotional control. As for a child going against you, well some will even after the threat of more physical pain, but most won't. And if the child hates you, so what, as long as that child is going to be raised into a functional adult it does not matter: children are to be made into great people, not to be treated as love sponges and dolls!

YOUR KIDS ARE NOT ALL KIDS!

sucks to be you, but I was not advocating the reactionary jabbing of a child... child abuser. I'm simply advocating the induction of pain should not be removed as a punishment option.

15. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Can I direct your gaze to the 'Religion' board?

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Man, you have some pinned up aggression. I bet you are quite fun in the sack. Your b/f must not be hittin' it right huh? Maybe you need a spanking.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I honestly hope spanking is the limit to her fetish.

Mod Note:
    Image removed...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No you didn't.

Like I said, maybe some kids respond to spanking.

But to me it's ultimately placing yourself higher as a human being than the kid. I can put my hand on your skin when angry, but you can't do it to me.

I have no problem accepting systems of punishment such as taking away privileges.

But my skin is my skin, you don't have the right to hit it, parent or not.

Don't have a boyfriend, and I'm not into actual spanking...flagellation though is quite fun...

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So your not willing to sacrifice your moral standards for the wellbeing of a child... how selfish.

A child is not endowed with the same rights as an adult. Its "skin" is the property of its parents to do with in any manner the state will allow.

20. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Selfish how? There are more constructive ways to discipline a kid than hitting.

Parenthood is a responsibility, not a licence of ownership. A kid is not an object.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so where do you stand on slapping?

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Which don't work on all children, which I think I have said for the 4th time.

It's a responsibility AND ownership, the closes analogy would be a pet: you own a pet, the state can take away your pet if your found abusing it, the state can punish you if you kill it (depending on the kind of pet), the state requires specific licensing and handling of the pet (depending in the kind of pet) the only difference from a child is the responsibility is several fold less for a pet, that and the state and other people don't mess with you on how you treat your pet nearly as much as your child.

Depending on the parameters and its utilization I don't have a problem with it.

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I think I've dealt with quite a good range of children, working at a daycare (well evening care technically) center. I can tell you first hand that one punishment does not fit all. The only real punishment we're allowed to do here are time-outs and no play time. Unfortunately only about, I'd say 1/5 of the kids respond well to time outs. The rest of them are a mess. I'm not allowed to punish anymore, but I don't think a child's punishment should be punishment for me as well. Not all kids stay in time out unless you sit there and hold them, some kids that don't get to play after dinner are too hyper and go spastic when everyone else is tired out from playing. And then there is this one kid who drives me insane, because he's so bad. I locked him in a closet (which is why I'm not allowed to punish kids anymore), but even that didn't work on him. But when his mother shows up he's a little angel. I hate that kid, I wish I could do the same terrible things him that he does to me, but alas I can't without going to jail.