To spank or not to spank.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I replyed to you'r sock talk in a thred (link below) which is actualy about socks.!!!

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2206690&postcount=22

How do you see that as a moral dilemma... that i thank whippin kids does mor harm than good because its a rotton substitute for teechin you'r kids love an respect by esample.!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

He's only 8. I know his parents haven't done anything because they don't think there is a problem. He's the perfect little angel in front of them. But thanks to you I actually decided to do some thinking about my dilemma. There is a counseling center next door to where I work. After talking with the therapist I realize this kid is far too smart to fall for his parents' mind games because he in fact has them in one of his own. He is the future workings of a criminal mastermind. However the psychologist could not think of any behavioral modifying techniques for me and my co-workers or for his parents. I guess the solution lies in out smarting him, but I've never caught him off of his game. So I haven't changed anything really. *sigh* (but he was in a pretty good mood today; only got into two arguments)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is he perfect at school.???

Do you mean his parents are atemptin to paly mind games on him... or he woudnt fall for 'em if they did try,???

Do the parents thank you'r lyin aboout his horrid behavior.???
    What do you supose his parents woud thank of a video of his bad behavior at the day care center.???

So whats the opinion of the psychologist... as to what the cause of the childs peculiar behavor is.???

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Don't spank; don't circumcise; don't shame. If it hurts your child, don't do it.

How can such simple issues be a dilemma? When insidious customs supplant human empathy, and even parental empathy.

Vicious traditions still plague our slow escape from viciousness cycles.

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't know how he acts at school. I've never personally spoken with his parents, just eavesdropped. They are surprised at best. They use methods like reverse psychology and the like. The psychologist couldn't say without speaking with both him and his family. But there is something going on. Unfortunately I spoke too soon, about his good mood. He called another girl's mother a "stupid bitch". And she punched him in the mouth and knocked two teeth out. So another fiasco to deal with. These kids do make my life exciting.

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

At this pont i thank it may be a toss up as to whos screwed up the mos... the kid or his parents... but id bet a quarter on the parents.!!!

The mother of the other kid knocked his teeth out.???

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

and I'm suppose to care?

Yeah that a moral dilemma, you see the statistical studies go against your thinking, so your likely to be put in a situation were gee love and respect by example is not working, but you can't do anything worse because you believe it is wrong, meanwhile the child gets worse.

Because if not doing those things (although I don't see what circumcision has to do with punishment and behavior) is the reason why your child is misfit then you have a dilemma: break your ideology and fix the child, or don't and keep a misfit. In fact the simpler a philosophy the more likely it is to come upon problems, for example "All natural is good for you" the eat hemlock, "antibiotics are bad" then have a child with CF,etc.

None of us have argued that spanking should be done because its "traditional" so stop implying we use such a fallacy.

CutsieMarie89,

Have you tried a hidden video camera?

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    I replyed to you'r sock talk in a thred (link below) which is actualy about socks.!!!

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2206690&postcount=22

Whether you care or not ant the issue... it was for informational purposes only... an if i choose to respond to you'r continued disruptons of this thred wit sock talk... that whare i will respond.!!!

“ How do you see that as a moral dilemma... that i thank whippin kids does mor harm than good because its a rotton substitute for teechin you'r kids love an respect by esample.!!! ”

If i thout spankins was beter at teechin love an respect to a child... than the child learnin love an respect from a parents good esample... i woud be for spankin... perty simple realy.!!!

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

¿qué? usted es incomprensible.

13. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

No, the girl hit him. Fortunately they were just semi loose baby teeth, so no permanent damage done.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well surly thers an update on this boy an the girl who knocked his teeth out.!!!