Time Travel - Evaluate Chronos Technologies

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by darksidZz, Jun 10, 2015.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

If I travel thru time, I will be in the same place as when I started & Earth will not be there.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Stranger Post #18 brings up an interesting issue. In SciFi stories, it is not significant because the time travel mechanism is assumed to keep you in the same spacial location.

BTW: Models considering time as a dimension are static models.

(x, y, z, t) coordinates represent the motion of a point as a static curve in a 4D space.

While it is a useful model & allows the use of 4D geometry to analyze motion, I prefer to think in terms of actual 3D motion.

Some object to the use of time as a dimension due to not being able to travel backwards in time.
    This issue does not bother me since it does allow mapping & analysis of the past motion of particles/objects.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

how do you know it's not occurring already and has been?
    also time viewer is easier than actual travel.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

that would be considered a containment. in order to travel to another containment, one has to break out of the first containment. timelines and other suches are seen as containments.
    ummm what ? how so? do you not have the freedom to do so now ?
    shakes head.
    forget newtonian.

8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

the science of today WAS sci-fi yesterday.
    according to whom or what, because these two say the opposite of what you just said they say.

danshawen likes this.
  9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There have been no facts presented that it has ever happened that SCIENCE can find.

10. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

please elaborate on : that SCIENCE can find .again, how would any know.. science already knows. it's a matter of a human discovering.

11. danshawen Valued Senior Member

The first comment may be true, but my remarks were taken out of context.

As for the second (according to whom?), a PhD nuclear physicist agrees with my negative assessment of time travel (to the past ONLY):

http://www.losfelizpublishing.com/Time Travel.htm

And Sir Arthur Eddington agreed that time travel to the past was impossible. Neither of these references carry any more weight than what I wrote.

And I'm still clueless as charged, krash661.

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it just screams 2nd law.
    Second law of thermodynamics: Heat cannot spontaneously flow from a colder location to a hotter location.
    Physicists identify entropy as a measure of the disorder or complexity of a system.
    "tend to even out in a physical system that is [
    b]isolated from the outside world.[/b] "
    under my posting history, specifically this site, i made comments to this *exact topic mainly signatures of energy, if i remember correctly. i gave a short easy to understand explanation of why the second law is not occurring like all the idiots claim. heat is just high energy[basically] cold is less energy[basically].

*edit-
    i meant same topic, as in another topic with a similar name, not this exact topic.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    danshawen likes this.
  13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. danshawen Valued Senior Member

That heat flows from a hot body to a cold one, according to my freshman thermodynamics professor, is the zeroth law, not the second.

And, you are correct. If the future is colder, deader than the past (which was higher energy), then time travel would be prohibited by the zeroth law. No need to pick up a gold brick and take it to yourself in the past to double your younger wealth and violate conservation of energy. It is, as you say, already violated long before that.

Good one.

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i'm not surprised that you cannot grasp that.
    shrugs.

danshawen likes this.
  16. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

no, it doesn't violate only because it's transferred to one system from another. during the breaching of this energy[from one system to another] it created a buildup of energy on the other end,in the system traveling into[in the same moment][heat is not flowing to a colder region, the region in that system is being heated as the gate opens up], then transferred[rate of reaction on one end, that creates equilibrium as it's transferred]. if you think about it, one could say the atmosphere/climate violates the 2nd law.
    differences in temperature, pressure, and chemical potential tend to even out in a physical system that is isolated from the outside world.[..]Entropy is a measure of how much this process has progressed.[...]The entropy of an isolated system that is not in equilibrium tends to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium.
    In classical thermodynamics, the second law is a basic postulate applicable to any system involving heat energy transfer
    when working with massively high energy, it's said that it can break the isolation of each system,which would be our universe and/or local position in the cosmos, and then transfers into the other system.
    in the 2nd law there's irreversible: all of its surroundings cannot be precisely restored to its initial state by infinitesimal changes in some property of the system without expenditure of energy.

agian, i have a lot of comments on these time topics in my posting history.

danshawen likes this.
  17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Scientists are humans that's why I did what I did.

18. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

shrugs.

19. danshawen Valued Senior Member

The only weakness I see is that it is the SAME system. NOT two boxes, one hot, one cold, but the SAME box, sampled for entropy changes at different times.

A minor conceptual inconvenience, but otherwise a fine analysis. So, time travel to the past would require the input of an impractical amount of energy to accomplish even in small measure. The conclusion that the chronos researcher cited in the OP is a fraud is therefore carried by this argument.

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I think you had that right in your mind but accidently wrote it wrong. I assume time travel would not move us to a different spacial location while most science fiction seems to assume time travel would move us to wherever Earth will be.
    It may seem insignificant in science fiction but if humans ever work out time travel, in order to do anything with it, they must work out a way to survive in outer space & get back to Earth.