Time or motion

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Ethernos D Grace, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

What is time in space-time?
    Generally when we talk about space-time, it is bought into light by what people call time dilation. The experience of slowing of time by an object in motion relative to an observer. Now, what that object experiencing is just a slow or call it a slow-mo. But to us it feels like a speed-mo.
    Now imagine a space, atom or particle or jst a round object spinning in an axis with a constant velocity, v m/s. And imagine a radius Ri and Ro .I.e. Inner radius and outer radius. '.'Ri smaller than Ro.Ri will experience a greater time as compared to Ro.
    Now imagine a particle or wave of light traveling through the inner radius of space-time curve.of course the light will experience time dilation.
    Now give a Nobel prize....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, atoms and other atomic or sub-atomic scale entities do not behave like spinning solid objects.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

And even if they did, I don't see how that would be a problem.

When an ice-skater does a spin, their arms experience time dilation compared to their torso, yet the universe seems to get by. As does the skater.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

To make this more concrete, you're saying that a clock travelling around the inner radius will be observed (by an inertial observer) to tick faster than a lock travelling around the outer radius, assuming both have the same angular speed.

I have no problem with that.

I don't know what you mean by light experiencing anything. An observer can't move into the reference frame of light. Nobody can ride on a light beam.

To whom? For what?

8. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

in case of skater it is too minute to notice since the mass is too small.

9. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

Imagine those radius made out gravity.I think therefore motion slows down and not time. since every mass creates a field called gravity and if gravity field were large enough. So, what I think.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So why do you think it would suddenly be a problem for a microscopic billiard ball?

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I don't understand what you're saying.

When? Where? Under what circumstances? Motion slowing down would just be a change in speed, wouldn't it? That's not the same as time dilation.

That's not a sentence. Want to try again?

??

12. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

Imagine a sun standing between a source of light and earth. A light traveling through bend of space around sun before reaching earth will have to travel the bend space which is elongated by mass. Hence when light particle travel through elongated space it takes more time. But by the law of the universe a particle traveling through space will have constant velocity which in turn will give rise to the sensation of time dilation. When its only a elongated length in space. So is there such thing as space-time fabric or jst space?

13. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I'm wrong about the skater. Microscopic billiard ball may experience time dilation but it would b minute on a universal scale so it is not observable by the observers I.e. us and if it does not, it would be due to maximum speed it can reach without breaking or tearing space and there is also this possibility of billiard ball's weak interaction with space-time fabric that we know. Another possibility along with it is that maybe when the space bend this interaction force become more weaker and allow it increased motion for the bend portion of space.so there must a transition part between bend space n normal one. Maybe that is why the light traveling inside the bend space is actually traveling faster than the light traveling on the observers side. It isn't breaking the traffic regulation on speed of light traveling in our universe so it does make sense.wow! I kept talking to myself and this crazy idea came out...lol

14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

But in the case of an atom, it is much larger, of course...............

15. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I was wrong comparing space and spinning atom that theory is completely about something else. I'm not there yet.
    what do u think about the elongated space and motion being slow in there?
    And for light having same speed in curved space due to interaction getting weaker. Is this possible?

16. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

Thank you everyone for clearing few things out for me. I have a final result for my research and I'm still not sure if it is right. So thank you again.

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

How would you measure it being "slow"?

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No worries. He has his final results. All will be revealed when his research paper is published.

19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Ethernos D Grace likes this.
  20. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I forgot my password.

21. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I forgot my password.
    Time dilation I think

22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

No, how would you measure that.

By the way, are you 22 now or were you 22 two years ago? Time dilation?

23. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

I don't know how. But if I had to imagine it. I would put a satellite between sun and earth (receiver) and fire a laser light making it travel through the curved space to earth. The distance between satellite and earth would already be known. More data would be gather to get an average. Then again the laser light would be fired in between earth and satellite having same distance as the previous one but this time there would be no curve in space.then we can compare the data gathered. Another way would be to entangle two particle and fire the other one in curved space. While the particle travel through the curved space we can note the spin down. If the particle begin to spin slower then we will know that motion slows down inside it. This might not work also. Lol
    I'm 22 still since I experience d time dilation.