Thread: pheromone soaps....

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by R1D2, Feb 7, 2013.

1. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

What's your take on this? Its not fully proven.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...-pheromone-body-wash-make-you-more-desirable/

So does anyone use a type of this soap? Any real success?
    Good idea or bad idea to use products like this?
    What about if your married?

I'm looking for "research and scientific" informative stuff including discussion.
    And is there a wide ranging belief in such items?
    And, What's the angle of the ethics of pitching pheromone products to manipulate potential mates?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

What does a pheromone smell like? Personally I use body washes that smell good to me and if the women don't like it, to bad.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The effect of pheromones on humans is negligible. However if you use some pheromones from honey bees in your after shave you could get a rip-roaring effect, the bees will love you or hate you depending on the pheromone you use.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

As far as I understand it pheromones have no smell. They entice the brain, not the nose....

8. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I have seen colognes that do this on display at a sex show (not pervy as it sounds). I'm talking about a convention centre filled with people paying $13/person (almost said $13/head) to wander around the various shops and shows (Okay, so maybe it was a bit pervy).

They smelled musky and were often hidden behind the scent of alcohol or some strong smell.

I was intrigued and wasted my money on a small sample vial (probably the only thing I bought). It seemed to have a bad smell in my opinion but was masked somewhat. I am no sex symbol, but I usually get a few smiles from women and when I wore this I barely got those. I cannot say it worked in any way shape or form, and I bought a popular brand.

A soap sounds like the extra money you are paying for pheromones would likely get 99% washed away. It is not like I would put on this cologne and then have a shower right after, although I usually put it directly on cloths. I still have it in a drawer somewhere as using it seemed pointless.

Now OXYTOCIN is a smell/chemical that can be synthesized. I would love to know the formula to make this. Pitocin and Syntocinon, and generic oxytocin are the synthesized versions.

It needs to be taken in the form of a nasal spray but can evoke many sentimental feelings of bonding and love, etc. Too many emotions to type in a short post.

Just wait until your lady friend has a cold and give her your Oxytocin Nasal Spray and she will love you forever.

Only joking. There are laws against such things, but I would love to try a few snorts myself.

9. rodereve Registered Member

I think you're right that they don't have any perceivable smell per se, but the way they are picked up and processed is through the olfactory system.

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member