Thread in General Philosophy entitled "Universal Truths"

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rav, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Rav Valued Senior Member

Hi guys

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=53414

I am just wondering why this thread was closed. What motivates me to ask is the fact that I wanted to post in it. It has the potential to make for some interesting discussion, even if further discussion might have needed to initially focus on the fact that writing an essay is potentially unreasonable request to make of any contributor and/or the fact that there really isn't any such thing as a truth that no-one could possibly argue about. That's how I was planning to start anyway, before I moved on to something that I felt was a universal truth.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Maybe it would have worked in Free Thoughts. The OP, ``Illuminatingtherapy'', looks like a crackpot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Rav,

I closed that thread for a number of reasons.
    First, as you can see, it's ages old, with no activity since '06, with the exception of one post.
    Second, and more importantly, as Ben noted, this discussion [sic] wasn't even remotely philosophical in nature, but rather little beyond babbling opining.
    While you're correct that teh topic does have merit, even in Philosophy topics are required to be approached with some semblance of analysis.

If you do in fact, have something to post on this topic that could be characterized as analysis, or argument, and definitely not just blind supposition, feel free to PM me and I'll attempt to clean it up and re-open it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rav Valued Senior Member

What I had to say isn't so critically important that I'd feel justified in asking you spend any time cleaning up the thread. And I didn't actually notice how old it was. Anyway, I'm sure I'll encounter another opportunity to share my thoughts on the topic in some other thread at some other time.

Thanks for your reply, and for your offer

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!