Thoughts; organic life is gross

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Jun 18, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you thank everyone shud be able to overcom the thangs that you have.???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I suspect you mean grotesque.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

Humans are organic machines. IF someday better machines are available to live in, there's no objective value to sticking with organic.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Don't worry

In sci-fi art is anything to anticipate the future by, there is ample opportunity for amply proportioned women (with guns).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I guess its kind of interesting to ponder what direction sci fi would take if science ever comes to the point of nullifying the confused gender/power issues that under-ride it.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It would be perfection

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i dunno man, yeah we shit and piss but we scrub up alright. love can be close to perfect. and boobs are pretty awesome.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

So we can keep them. In a better, synthetic form

11. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

We have such fickle minds we humans. A kiss from a lover is beautiful and delicate, and yet a bucket of his spit is repulsive. We marvel at the wonder of the human body and yet we are repulsed by women's menstrual blood, despite it being an amazing scientific tool for stem cell research, not to mention the amazing protein qualities of the substance. We seek biological perfection by looking to machines and yet, as Spidergoat quite accurately said, no machine is perfect either. We think of ourselves as clever and progressive and yet we still wage war and favour intelligent yet belligerent debate over heartfelt social banality. We watch a man trying to bring a world together through respect and understanding and pick him apart for the shortcomings he appears to have. We favour science over religion because it cannot be proven, and yet we see scientist arguing over bones of the people long since dead. We want people to give us our freedom and yet we seek to take others' away. Physical perfection is impossible with a human body, when one disease is cured another is spreading. Bacteria and virus grow and infect us and nothing we can do will stop them from causing disease. And so I wonder, if we had these perfect mechanised bodies, where would our hearts go?

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The human condition.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I remenber when the firs hart transplants was bein done... som of the ignerent was out-raged... cause they thout a persons sole/feelins was in ther hart... an if you got the hart of a bad person then you woud also be bad.!!!

PS
    A lot of people fear the future but i dout many of 'em woud want to go bak to the stone age.!!!

14. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I don't know it what sense you mean "should." I think if my heart was going to break, it would have.

I don't know if everyone should be able to. That seems very vain to say I'm tougher than anyone.

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

============
    ===========
    Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    Do you thank everyone shud be able to overcom the thangs that you have.???

You may in fact be "tuffer' than all people... but i thank its unfare to juge (look down on) people based on you'r own abilities wit no consideraton of ther particular circumstances.!!!

For esample:::
    When i have been depressed i overcam it so everbody else shud be able to "buck-up" an overcom depresson like i did.!!!

[end of esample]

Such jugment is kinda like a perfect God jugin imperfect humans to be worthy of eternal torture.!!!

We all have unique genetics an life esperiences... an if you was in the sam shoes (so to speek) as somone who coudnt overcom depresson... then you woudnt be able to overconm it ether.!!!

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

All would be perfect. We are as we are because of what we are........human, lowly, primitive. With technology we are able to make ourselves exactly to our liking, able to do away with what needs to go, and fill our consciousness with pure pleasure and happiness. Not to mention, we will be better adapted to survive.............and where will our hearts go? What does it matter?

17. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

So what are you proposing? Brain transplants into robotic 'perfect' bodies?

Wouldn't our brains be just as imperfect, organic and susceptible to decay as our discarded bodies once were?

What you are describing is indeed a paradise, but I don't see how it could be achieved even in a billion years. I'm trying not to be short-sighted here, but a large part of the self is our bodies - in fact, arguably all of it. Take that away and who are we?

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, we don't need to even keep the brain; what we need is to figure out how to transfer our consciousness altogether.

19. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

To 'transfer our conciousness'? What would that involve? I suppose we could take snapshot of the brain and create an exact replica, including memories, personality traits etc.
    Although, that does pose the question, would the replica-Norsefire be Norsefire? Or would your conciousness in fact be left behind in the old brain? Would you 'move across', as it were?

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Good point. I am unsure how this would occur, but I am confident that, as we learn more, we will be able to find some way.

Another thing we could do is transfer the brain, the organic brain, and through nanotech and various additions, we could improve it and maintain it and keep it from decay and disease.

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Organic life is just a preference.

22. superstring01 Moderator

Yep. I'm gay.

~String

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

The body is okay but we'd have to lose the g-string. But will the sex part work though? I mean its nice to look all cute and all but there would be no vaginal fluids so why promise sexual fulfillment?