This Rap Crap has to stop

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Gerry, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Von Chav Gold chains & Stella!! Registered Senior Member

I guess he did kinda let the cat out of the bag there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I won't insult your intelligence on the assumption you buy white rap albums, sorry.

You do have a good point about rap promoting violence in black communities too, but it seems to do the same in whites ones to, albeit on a smaller scale - but the promotion of violence is identical. Rap does seems akin to a call-to-arms for certain simplistic individuals too.
    However in American communities at least, both blacks, whites and hispanics are all equally as violent as each other, its just the blacks live below the poverty line and so violence fast becomes more of a way of life. And the whole rapper 'honour' thing does seem to go alittle too far. I whole heartedly agree, its just such an accusation (prehaps fact) is dangerous as it is all to easy to look like a racist by expressing such opinions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Von Chav Gold chains & Stella!! Registered Senior Member

LOL! Look at the adds by google (above)

Make them stop!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Kill all the smelly rapists!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Once again my dear JB, you fail to see the point, and once again have fallen into one of the many traps so many of us lay for you.

Whenever you get racists, more often than not you get homophobes, this is because they are both 'insecure' about themselves, whether this is sexual orientation, or race, religion, a sense of not belonging...whatever, they have a feeling of insecurity.

Hence, you ARE a racist, (whether you admit this or not, the fact remains that you are one) this is why i related the subject of homophobic activity towards you, because i knew it would offend you.
    By the way, i would appreciate an answer as to why you are a racist, for me, i can see no reason for it. :m:

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

I agree with the above. The vast majority of rap music sounds like a half-dead crow has been thrown in a pressure cooker, where it proceeds to sing about its 'hoe' of an ex-gf.

The lyrics are often obscene and inane. Rap crap often reminds me of why I support a facist form of government.

9. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Although i do not agree with the sentiment, i must compliment your very vivid opinion, it made me rise a

10. J.B Banned Banned

Maybe I am insecure, Alot of people say that a really good sign that a person is insecure is when they call other people names.

Keep a look out for people like that.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doo doo head.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

'xcuse me. Is that calling names?

(English is my third language so I don't understand everything.)

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

yup. I must be insecure.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Okay. I'll call you shikse hunter then.

15. Roman Banned Banned

This argument is unbelievably retarded. I don't even like rap, yet every single one of the criticism that have been leveled at popular rap can be leveled at any popular music from the last three decades.

16. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

That is at least partially true, from a certain perspective. That's another reason I'm a proud fan of the sixties. Long live the Stones!

17. Gerry Registered Senior Member

This argument is unbelievably retarded. I don't even like rap, yet every single one of the criticism that have been leveled at popular rap can be leveled at any popular music from the last three decades.

Here's one that can't....."Rappers can't play musical instruments"....and that might be the most basic argument of them all.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Not all rappers can play musical instruments. Not all rockers can sing.

19. Gerry Registered Senior Member

Most rappers can't play musical instruments. Most rockers can't sing, but can play a decent guitar or bass.

Thing is, rappers can't do any of it-- they can't sing, they can't play musical instruments.....it would appear that they don't know anything about music. Rockers are pretty good musicians many of them.

20. Silence Prolific Registered Senior Member

The rapper doesnt know about instruments because thats not his job. Much like its not the guitar players job in a rock band to write or sing the lyrics. Its very few the rock frontmen who can play instruments worth a fuck, but thats fine because thats not there strength to the band. Theres always exceptions though, but for most part you dont see Jagger holding an instrument or Morrison.

And it is true that rappers dont/cant sing but that genre doesnt revolve around singing. Theres a couple hip hop producers who have some sort of musical theory training but for most part "if it sounds good then its good" is the motto that revolves around making beats.

21. J.B Banned Banned

Rap has not really changed that much over the last thousands of years or so.

I like the way some blacks still rap today, when they are butt naked with spears jumping around a fire, like on the discovery channel.

Now that is some real old school rap

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That much is true, blacks have outdone whites in this area for thousands of years. Thank god for soul. Without it, we would all be listening to Lawrence Welk.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

So we've concluded that rapers aren't musicians, therefore what they make is not music.