Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by exsto_human, Nov 2, 2003.

?

What's your opinion?

1. Don't Believe

44 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. Believe

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Know

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Sorta proves my point, neh?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucem aeternum Registered Member

Hmm.. i'll humor you and say that i was laughing *with* you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I wasn't laughing...
    Read your PMs!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh sorry, you can't can you?
    Insufficient posts...
    Ah well.

8. lucem aeternum Registered Member

psh. why are you *acting* like you care? XD

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Assumptions again.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh and WTF is "XD"?

11. lucem aeternum Registered Member

XD is a smilie used across the internet.
    and honestly - if my assumptions are right, they arent assumptions.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Wrong on two points:
    A) you still have to assume (because you have no evidence before you make the statement) and
    B) you're now (re-)assuming they're right (again without evidence)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. lucem aeternum Registered Member

What if I told you that I *had* evidence? But - it's evidence you would not believe if you tried. So - I do not waste my time, but to point out my 'assumptions' to others. Yes, they are 99% of the time correct. Maybe this is that 1%.

Go ahead, and point out the lack of 'linear' thought to that, like you have been doing this entire conversation.

This entire 'debate' is you using linear thought, and me contradicting it with free-spirited thought, and a failure of human processes (such as you are using) to look at simple, incontrovertible, crude 'logical' reasoning.

So amaze me, with your continued insistence that you would be able to contradict anything in that book with 'scientific proof', yet your absolute failure to actually show any of this 'proof' in your writing.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

If it requires belief then it's not "evidence".

99% correct.
    I would suggest that's another assumption.
    Unless you have evidence....

Ah this is where we differ: you call reasoning "linear thought" and gullibility "free spirited thought".
    The point is that there's no "thought" involved in what you're doing, you're just randomly putting disparate impressions together without actually considering them.

I totally agree that I have failed to so do.
    But that just possibly might be because you have thus far failed to present anything at all to be disputed.
    Not one single piece of evidence, other than your own impressions, which happen to be purely subjective and therefore hardly constitute evidence.
    De gustibus nil disputandum

15. lucem aeternum Registered Member

linear thought. surprise me with something new, and something that actually doesnt deny every bit of logical sense that i am speaking, and that that book holds.

how should it matter what im presenting? the book presents enough evidence *for* me. so why havent you posted any of your oh-so-amazing contradictions you are talking about? is there a possibility you dont have any? really, im curious to see what you think up.
    humor me.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yup, the old woo woo fall back.
    "I believe what I believe because I'm a free thinker, you won't believe because you're stuck in state/ science/ society-induced mode of acceptance".

You haven't shown any grasp of logic, let alone displayed a logical argument.

Meaning you can't present any evidence yourself?
    Or that you don't actually understand what you've read so you take it on blind faith?
    Why should I bother to read a book that from its own publicity goes against facts, science and reality?
    The FAQ twist facts to support its own contentions or makes unverifiable (completely unverifiable) claims.
    Hoax/ waste of time.

17. lucem aeternum Registered Member

actually, 99% of the time, the person will agree with my assumption. so theres your 'fact' right there. maybe you shouldnt have assumed that i assumed they were 99% of the time right, huh?

honestly - i havent read the book entirely. i just know what its talking about from other sources, that come from within. but i have read nearly everything on that site, and the FAQ a couple times.

it doesnt go against facts. thats just you being completely and entirely blind to what is around you, and that isnt the books fault. i do not believe it twists facts. have you ever tried to read anything else on new age? this book is not alone. they're all out there, and whether you choose to accept it or not, its real. your only making it more difficult by being in denial, but hey - to each their own choices. whatevs.

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Which "person"?
    And have you actually counted the agreements or do you just do the human thing and ignore the times you're wrong?

Maybe you don't actually have any facts and you're still using impressions, hearsay and personal anecdotes to back yourself up?

For crying out loud, you're advocating something you haven't read, just the publicity?
    Are you professionally gullible?
    Did you make it your career choice at an early age and study hard?

The FAQ lies, the publicity lies...

Okay how's this one:
    From the FAQ
    Sounds plausible to you does it?
    How about we add up the weight of all the leaves in the world?
    How is it possible for mere wind to lift that weight and blow it around?
    Obviously, therefore, it's aliens that move the leaves and the wind does nothing.
    The guy deliberately states the proposition in such a way that his conclusion rather than the real one seems likelier.
    In addition to which:
    We KNOW that things get moved by sunlight pressure, and how does moving 4 tonnes (even in one lump) presuppose "unsurpassed technology"? We can do it...

Too late I just showed that it does.

I've probably (yes I'm making an assumption here) read more new age crap than you've had hot dinners: none of it was valid, none of it was connected to anything other than people's need to be comforted, none of it was worth the paper it was written on or the time it took me to read it.

Edit: yup, this book isn't alone. But have you noticed how they don't agree with each even on the basics?
    They can't all be right, and so far none of them are.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  19. Robanan Registered Senior Member

Well yes it was us putting those 4 tonnes of needles in that orbit first place. which means We could have put them in any orbit of our choice too and we could change their orbit ourselves if we wanted to.
    One thing I don't understand though, how could the pressure of sunlight "clump" the needles together before moving them to another orbit, and why it couldn't move each needle gradually to another orbit therefore rather dispersing them even further?

20. Robanan Registered Senior Member

oh Ophiolite I'm in most need of help! and I'm glad you are still here mate. Can you please tell me if the part of the book presented below can be explained by the paradigm of plate tectonics, and if not then why?

and
    Thanks man.

21. gr8fldanielle Registered Member

It was stated that the most destructive form of pollution is noise pollution. With a little insight, truly shows the degradation of society. Before you respond to with something stupid, consider what it's like to live somewhere where other people have absolutely no consideration for the noise they infringe with on others. Try living in Thailand.

22. kmguru Staff Member

What is wrong in Thailand?

23. kmguru Staff Member

I enjoyed Celestine Prophecy. When it first came out, we had sessions to discuss this stuff...lots of beautiful ladies and one guy among them...kinda fun....