"thetruth"?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Rambler--

Had a nic fit this morning, but that's because my folks showed up at 7 am with some crazy plan for the day. But between landing at the filthiest IHOP in Washington for breakfast and having to climb through a small hill of my grandfather's fish-crap fertilizer, I'm somehow upbeat about the day.

As to the hydro ... a, uh, friend of mine threw a fit all over one of her friends the other day. Ended up costing some hideous amount of money (wholesale as much as gold, ridiculous retail) ... that'll pretty much make me forget my nicotine cravings should they pop up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

HTR44--

Chill out, dude. Go smoke a cigarette, or something.

--Tiassa

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

Worth more then gold, don't I know it. I guess we're at the mercy of those doing the selling. I don't mind though I figure it's a fair price to pay for the risks they take, and the shit they have to put up with.

There was a time not so long ago around here where hydro was a sweet little score if you were lucky enough to get it...then all of a sudden thats ALL you could get, now bush buds are the sweet little score...not complaining though it does a great job

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

From http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21441-2000Oct6.html

The Washington Post, October 6, 2000.

The one thing I don't understand is the difference between troy and standard. Anyway, if a troy ounce is a standard ounce, the price of gold, relative to the price of our noncarcinogenic friend (

) is $360/oz.

If a troy ounce is 1/12 of a normal pound, then the price of gold, relative to our noncarcinogenic friend is $270/oz.

Around here, what you pay depends on what you are doing with your noncarcinogenic friend. Wholesale and retail can be a dramatic difference. Suffice to say that in the standard retail packaging, our friend is about 12% more expensive than gold.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------

8. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

By those numbers an ounce of gold in Aus would be about $650Aus give or take....the smallest deal I can buy (only 'cause my sources don't bother with anything smaller) is 1/4 of an ounce which i pay $100 for...so I guess its not really worth more then gold over here...it was at one stage. I remember paying $500 for an ounce of new guinee (sp?) gold

(also known as buddah I think) and the news was reporting mineral gold at ~$350 to $400 an ounce.