There is an all powerful man

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Ro6, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I'm often startled by the limited and downright irrational viewpoints regarding god.

God is OBVIOUSLY not a man.

Do you know what makes a lot more sense? That god the father is the embodiment of law. All of the laws of the universe, biological, chemical, physical, and spiritual.

And given that, abiding is worship and trangression brings demise.

And given that, god is in everyone and everything.

When you look around do you not see that for the most part our actions cause our own destruction?

As I've said before, stupid atheists are just as bad as stupid religious people. Not that I think you're really this stupid. I just think that pretending to be in this arena serves your agenda (or so you think).

Would it kill some people to step out of the box every once in a while. It gets boring for people like me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

He isn't claiming god is a man.
    You miss the points.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

this is not about god, this is about selfishness. some will interpret it as being from god since they assume 'god' created them, so it's justified and god's will working through them.

this technically is logical if that is your belief and your interpretation of the universe. even atheists can have similar views pragmatically because they just interpret it as 'laws of nature' in anarchistic or destructive means to an end. whatever that end or goal is.

the trick is is the interpretation part. for instance, i don't see the universe as a perfect model nor do i see the different elements necessarily an inherent process of necessary and perfect order. i see contradictory elements even though they evolved to adjust to eachother. this is the dichotomy of good and evil in religion to some extent that is understood correctly though on a more vague level. you have a choice in following any course of direction whether they be totally self-centered or not. there is no 'this is the only way, it is right' written in stone force as well there is no 'whatever my urges or inclinations tell me to do, it is correct as an imovable or unchanging fact'. it just is and whatever consequences of that to yourself and whatever is in your surrounding.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well then the whole analogy is moot.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you "believe" that your ideas about the world are better than what other people "believe", is that it? And you don't think that you're being self-righteous and ego-centric?

No, you don't have to threaten to be self-righteous.

Baron Max

9. Bishadi Banned Banned

evolved from atoms and energy versus adam and eve

the trinity is 'mass, energy and time'

mass: corporeal

energy (light): spirit (energy of mass; life)

time; transcendent

e=mc2 basically provided the basics to comprehend that mass is just energy affixed in time

Mankind (conscious life) are basically 'rocks that can roll' by choice

the life is just energy (light)

'we' can give of our energy to existence by choice that can cause actions.
    eg... plant a tree, water and feed based on your knowledge and comprehension (do not sow on a rock).....

in that YOU live in your contribution to existence by choice.

life that 'continues' beyond your time of choice, that you gave too; and you live longer

or.... you give a sperm/egg that combines with another and that new shade is the next generation of 'you' into the next period (see evolution). Basically all our parents since the beginning of time are alive and within us (alive and 'in the flesh', as you stand; call it 'risen' by knowledge)

to know 'reality' then each can see when a lie, a fib a misleading items is shared based on selfishness, ignorance or down right rude deception; and that act causes a 'loss to the common'

we all should HATE the monsters who fib to our next generations!

remember 'good' actions to existence 'support life to continue' and the bad (which only a human consciousness; can do, perceive or identify) can be imposed by a person by choice. (Bad causes a loss to the common: existence itself)

your life is the splash upon the pond of existence (i suggest do good)

bad and you fade; period

death is like sleeping each night; your consciousness is unaware of its 'self'

there is no soul retaining memories; see alzhiemers for your evidence (memories are bound to the body)

Nope.............

existence operates ONE way; mankind is the only 'thing' that thinks it is a separate life within existence.

the devotion is when a mind is responsible for the actions of itself

give your life, so they can live

demand responsibility from each as if they are harming you (be certain the judgment will be cruel; them your peers coming to demand)

to themselves, existence and our children

each contributer to mankind who gave of themselves for others to progress, learn and evolve upon the knowledge describing existence; are what you may learn to call 'prophets'

the contributions live in all of us (it is how they make it into the 'book of life")

more like the complacent are suffering, as they give up on contributing and seeking 'truth'
    (the absolute understanding of life, existence(god; the total of the trinity; ONE)

i will expect the children to put the old timers in check

lie to me (we the billion children) and we own you!

guess who?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  10. Bishadi Banned Banned

Think of it this way:

mankind created all words to describe existence.

IS existence defining itself?

Think of each of us as a part of 'existence'!

the pinnacle is (to me) when mankind can comprehend 'life'...... what it is, and live forever in 'its' actions, it can impose to existence by choice....

would you all agree?

disagree?

the absolute of truth; is what frees mankind!

11. Bishadi Banned Banned

If existence operates only ONE way: then the math is the 'name' to know!

does it make sense?

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,
    I was trying to seriously consider what non-believer preaching would look like. I don't think you have a point. Religious preaching is about convincing someone of the correctness of a religious belief, but this OP is simply ridicule of the religious outlook. I.e. it is not saying you must not believe because of x, y, z, etc.

Ridicule is an acceptable debate vehicle.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,

Except that we are told that we have been made in his image. We are "man", and hence God must be manlike.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Chris,

About the preaching I just meant that he was being a bit dramatic and self righteous.

In regards to his image, we are made according to his law. But the spirit has no problem communicating with me so that I can understand either.

15. Bishadi Banned Banned

what's his law?

Then tell us all that "UNDERSTANDING". 'Either' the law or perhaps EXACTLY what LIFE IS.................. so we can be equally as cool as U.

(or R U special?)

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But.. you always refer to him as a he.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

You want to define god so you can be god, I want to experience god.

Everybody's special, but you have no interest in that.

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You believe/assume there is no life other than on Earth?

You're special, just like everyone else.

But.. you always refer to it as a he.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Are you really trying to make a point or are you kidding?

I've been trying to make a point of using the words "god" and "it". I reiterate, I can not define god but I know damn well it's no man that's done this to me.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, I'm not kidding at all. You continuously refer to god as 'he' or 'him'.
    I can post links to a number of posts if you want..

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

The Holy Babble says God is a lesbian.

22. mike47 Banned Banned

One man and this same man rules the world..........hmmmmmmmmm.........that is YOU and only YOU.........loool.....................it just can NOT be another man !.

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

You know, I see you call it that quite often. While I am most certainly not a Christian, I still think what you are doing is very impolite and in poor taste. :shrug: