Theory; Religion Will Die Away With Science and Evolution

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Anarcho Union, Apr 6, 2011.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Anyone interested in serious discussion will give the other party the benefit of the doubt and make an effort to interpret their claims charitably.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

Yeah, those webspiders are pretty awesome. Just imagine if the church had continued to have such a hold on society that we'd never come to this level of technology...

Isn't it an incredible world we live in when a corporation in America is legally culpable for savages on the other side of the planet decapitating peaceful people for transgressions against their god. Amazing how powerful religion is, huh?

Pfft, I'm doing five or six other things as I type this. I'm also "debating". If my intent was to offend, I would be much less polite. Just sayin'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

All I'm asking for is some physical proof of God's existence. A miracle or something. Is that too much to ask? I will praise God as my lord and saviour if i ever witness such. I promise. That's how open minded I am.

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Why are you promising this?

9. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

to show my open mindedness.

10. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Nonsense.

You apparently have no idea what you are promising. You can't promise something (in this case that you "will praise God as your lord and saviour if you ever witness a proof of God's existence") for which you don't know what it means.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't promise anything of the sort. If there were a god I still wouldn't be a grovelling slave to him.

12. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

It does beg the question, why would a being of such power and wisdom have the need for cheerleaders?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He's a jealous god. Like the people who created him.

14. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

As to the OP, religious attendance has been dropping a lot in the once stable U.S. north east. No one gauges the U.S. west too much, as they are already far gone, as is Europe.

15. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Well I will recognise that he exists at least if I see the proof. Unlike some people I don't ignore facts.

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

On the contrary its an extraordinary claim. If you want to suggest that a vast majority of the population are chronically insane and have been for quite a few thousand years I think you have to evidence it ... hence the rhetoric (or woo woo)

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

This is another idiotic statement from atheists.

Censorship is a political issue and not a theological one. To say that there is a necessarily political slant to theism (or atheism) is simply douche-baggery (or do you forget that the country with the most vigilant of internet censorship issues is china, a country with a strong ideological history of atheism/anti-theism)

This is another idiotic statement from atheists to white wash the obvious political issues that establish the conflicts within the middle east.

To suggest that the another country that has a history over 40 years of setting up puppet regimes in another and finally ups the ante to out right invasion (all in the name of securing non-renewable sources as opposed to anything intrinsically religious or even political) is behaving "peacefully" is simply BS from the onset.

If you aspire to debate I think you need a bit of help to establish a coherent argument

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

praise is a natural consequence to something that is greater than one's self ... in the absence of envy of course.

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

20. birch Valued Senior Member

very wise

21. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

When censorship is put into place voluntarily by a corporation fearing what the members of a certain religion's followers will do if they see what the world thinks about them, I'd say the fault lies on the lack of rational behavior on the part of that sects adherents. Learn your facts, firstly, second of all, stop tossing up strawmen and tangents to disguise your failure to present a counterargument.

Are you ignorant of the 2960 years before that people in the middle east have been hacking each other apart for ideological differences? Put down the Bible, and pick up a history book. Also, present proof to your claims. The current "reason" regardless of your opinion, is that we are there to quell tensions between Sunni and Shia forces, and prevent fundamental Muslim radicals from establishing a foothold. Both problems generated by religion. Now. If you're done implying that others are idiots, maybe we can get back to attempting a debate.

Seriously? After those two rants... Seriously. You, my good sir, are an inspiration for birth control.

22. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

That does not answer my question. I asked "What does god get out of worship" You replied "YAY GOD!"

I ask again. What's in it for god.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I already answered - the benefits are for the one acquiescing to the higher power ... and as further detail, its the natural state of things (in the absence of jealousy of course)