Theist, are you up for a challenge. Let’s compare hells.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I created nothing. I reported what I surmised and noted from what I found. Believe what you will though. Delusion is good to you.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rav Valued Senior Member

You surmised.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Is that not what you do when speaking of religious issues?
    Or do you have evidence?

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rav Valued Senior Member

Sure. That's what you did and that's what I did. But you got in my face a little bit when I did it.

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Perhaps because I was basing my supposition on personal experience while you were doing so on a book of fantasy.

Regardless. I wanted to speak of the morals of the two systems.
    If you do as well then lets do.

Regards
    DL

9. Rav Valued Senior Member

I'd be happy to see this discussion continue but I think you need to be more diplomatic. I mean seriously, the first page of this thread escalated into a nasty mess primarily because you were a little bit arrogant and insulting. Even now you're suggesting that your own beliefs are somehow inherently more trustworthy than what the bible teaches. From your perspective they may be, and that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. But more objectively, unless the weight of your evidence clearly exceeds that which the bible can bring to bear on this discussion, calling it a book of fantasy without conceding that your own beliefs are just as fantastic is still hypocritical.

You have every right to your own beliefs, and every right to express them. There will be enough juicy and enjoyable controversy that emerges from that alone. But the one thing that will ensure that this discussion has a decent chance of being fruitful is a little more diplomacy.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I always do my best.
    As to my authority being better than scriptures, I think it is. Mine does not start with talking animals or an immortal God who dies.

As I said, If we stick to morals and not authority then diplomacy will likely follow.

This way, you know from the get go just how I will deal with issues of fantasy.

Some is of course allowed as I see the hell spoken of in scripture as pure fantasy because of my stance that a moral God would not create it.

Let's just not assume that biblical fantasy is more real than what you see as mine.

Regards
    DL