The Under Class, what do we do with them?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by joepistole, Nov 26, 2008.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Btw, I'm sure the executives at Lehman have more ethics then Joe working at mcdonald's across the street.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Want to give some specific examples? Everything you have posted is rhetoric...no facts. Where have you been nietzschefan for these last several decades? Look at the lables on virtually anything you buy and see where it was made...odds are it was made in some third world or developing country. A few decades ago that was not the case.

For what it is worth, I have won numerous awards for the work my teams have produced and continue to produce...hate to burst your bubble but I will. And I am still invited out to lunch by my ex-employees...years after they stopped working for me. So I guess that makes me a real bastard of a manager. Nietzschefan, I think you have some growing up to do. Not everything in the world is as you percieve it to be. And the sooner you learn that, the happier you will be. But I think you are carrying a big grudge on your shoulder. Grudges are best burried in the past.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The answer is no to your question. It is not a question of who or what segement of society is morally lacking. But it does ask why a segement of society cannot hold down a job because of a lack of ethics. Thus they are constantly in a panic, cannot pay bills, etc. Just because you have a "shit job", a low paying job does not mean you are in the underclass. Not being able to hold a "shit job" for more than a few months places you in the underclass.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Not everyone who works in these industries is a member of the underclass. But those that cannot hold down these kinds of jobs for any period of time are a member of the underclass. Because they are perpetually disadvantaged by their lack of ethics and skills. But especially by the lack of ethics.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Or possibly psychological problems?

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

People with medical and psychological impediments can and do function well in society and that should not be a reason for not being able to hold down a job for more than a few months.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It REALLY depends on the psychological issues in question.

Do you know how many homeless people have mental health issues?

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Depends on what you call mental health issues. If we are living I suppose we all have mental health issues. Back in the old days when I served as a paramedic in a major metropolitian area whenever a new set of cops would hit the streets one of the first things they would do is put the old bag ladies (homeless ladies, generally older) on psychiatric restraints. We would take them to the hospital who would promptly release them as according to the hospital they had no mental illness.

Many times they would be back on the street before I had finished my paper work. But to your point there are homeless folks with mental disorders, no question.