The two paradoxes of point-like nature

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Trapped, Feb 17, 2014.

1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh stop trolling!

Are you a the same poster as Trapped?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You and a couple of other good folks here are practically as good as bomb-sniffing dogs when comes to rooting out the sock puppets. I'm only vaguely aware of some of their telltale signatures. For example, anytime I see someone randomly cutting and pasting formulas -- or dragging in some advanced topic like the math of GR but then failing to understand the most basic math -- I tend to think of Reiku.

For me it's kind of like watching a sport of some kind, like the British hunters chasing the fox. It's really gratifying to see you root specific people out -- some sort of vicarious pleasure I suppose in seeing them eat crow the way I would have them eat it. Almost amusing too because they fight so hard long after you've set the hook.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. brucep Valued Senior Member

What Hobson is 'probably doing' is writing an interpretation for QM, particle physics, where the particles and fields are the same natural phenomena. And it's presented in a non rigorous text to help non physics students gain some basic knowledge on how QM works. The interpretations of QM can be helpful as a pedagogical tool. Trapped has a broken logic tool thinking it could be anything more than that. Apparently it doesn't even work as an interpretation according to the authors of the analysis you posted.

8. Nightshift Banned Banned

No I think trapped hit the nail on the head. After all, particles only exist when an observation occurs, a collapse in the wave function happens and out appears, technically-speaking, a localization of an excitation of a field. It's all fields and no turtles down.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

What you think is irrelevant. You find it easy to use sock puppets to support the bullshit skid marks left after you've been dismissed. Before and after the event 'Trapped is permanently banned'. Think about it. Look up the definition of integrity. You must be a masochist.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

God, I hate it when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person.