The Sun and the solar system

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kingwinner, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Light Registered Senior Member

Rude, crude and irrelevant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

it is blind faith... faith not in a religion... but faith that other people, whom they think are smarter.... are actuallt right... and have all the answers.

when in reality... those who actually know.. know how little they know.

but they dont go around pointing out that.. cause then people wouldnt believe them so blindly as LIGHT seems to do.

a viscious circle.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

And you are just as stupid as ever. I doubt I've ever seen a bigger fool.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Try looking in a mirror.

-MT

8. Light Registered Senior Member

I do that everytime I shave. And you are still the biggest fool/idiot I've ever come across. You could become much smarter if you spent more time reading and less time challenging known and proven facts.

Tell me, are you one of those who thinks it's an advantage to be undereducated?

9. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

and you are one who does not challenge anything...

you are an accepting fool..

where would we be today if galileo had your attitude??

we would be the center of the universe.

where would we be if the wright brothers has listenned TO what seemed common sense to any educated man of the time...
    man cannot fly.

truth... changes with the science....

and history shows... science evolves and scientists change their minds.

you... just accept what they give you, like a blind stupid fool.

i feel sorry for people like you.

-MT

10. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

But Mosheh Thezion, there's a big difference between genuine insight (as Galileo and Einstein possessed) and an insight claimed from ignorance. I'm afraid I don't believe you have the former.

11. ddovala Pi is exactly 3 Registered Senior Member

MT -- if things cannot go from small to big, then how did all matter in this universe come to be? That all happened naturally didnt it? Are you saying that the big bang released fully formed super-heavy elements that then decayed down into carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, etc? That seems unlikely.

And if you are wondering where a lot of the energy comes from during fusion, I suggest you look up "nuclear binding energy."

If you need a website -- there is a good one here: http://library.thinkquest.org/17940/texts/binding_energy/binding_energy.html

But for the immediate argument, here is a quote from said source:

"The fusion of the deuteron (2H) and another proton (a hydrogen nucleus) resulted in the formation of 3He and a gamma ray. If you summed the masses 2H (2.0140 amu) and the proton (1.007825 amu), and subtracted the isotopic mass of 3He (3.01603 amu), you would end up with 0.005795 amu of missing mass. This is equivalent to 5.398MeV of released energy (not including any kinetic energy the reactants had), in this case taking the form of a gamma ray and any additional kinetic energy of the products."

The nuclear binding energy raises until it hits Iron -- at which it decreases. This is why fission of super-heavy elements releases energy as well.

Hope that clears things up.

12. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

yes.. yes.. ive heard it all before...

and it seems so sensible.. so reasonable.. because of what??

big bang... a theory which is still in doubt in many ways.

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Cosmology-Big-Bang-Theory.htm

and yes...

you are aware of nuetron stars are you not...?

CLEAR EVIDENSE.. that matter is not limited to existance as tiny protons and nuetrons... but can exist as giant solid nucleons... the size of planets.

the idea that stars make them in nova is an assumption...

the idea that the universe began with hydrogen and helium is an asumption..

and the idea of fusion in stars in an assumption based on assumptions.

it doesnt work.

and gamma rays are useless... arent they?

OR DO YOU KNOW A WAY OF CONVERTING AND USING THEM?

-MT

13. ddovala Pi is exactly 3 Registered Senior Member

Reguardless of whether or not we can use them (I dont know either way, forgive me) -- you cant deny that gamma rays are energy. Thus, that goes to show that fusion produces more energy than it takes in.

And neutron stars are still composed of subatomic particals, they are just packed together. Its not a giant, single "nucleon" -- and even so, I fail to see how neutron stars fit into your argument.

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

BIG BANG SAYS... matter must of began as hydrogen and helium...

and that matter is limited to life as pions, protons and nuetrons...

but nuetron stars show differently... as do dwarfs... pulsars... etc...

matter is not limited to existance as single tiny nucleons... is it?

no.

-MT

ALSO... all we really know about nuetron stars is their density....

thats it.. the idea that they are made of nuetrons is pure theory... and assumption.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I think you should devise an experiment to directly sample the core of a main sequence star and pilot the experiment yourself. Or, accept the overwhelming evidence in the form of spectral analysis and neutrino flux, x-ray studies....

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ha! Haha! Hahahahahahahah!!!!! It must be great to be so ignorant and so god damn funny at the same time! Well, you don't have a career as a neurosurgeon, but a stand-up comedian? Hell yea!

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

NEUTRINO FLUX????

MY GOD MAN... ARE YOU TELLING ME SOMEONE HAS INVENTED A SENSITIVE NEUTRINO FLUX DETECTOR THAT WE CAN USE TO MEASURE THE OUTPUT FROM STARS???? as by with satalites...??????

we have this neutrino data.. do we???

alert the media.

you can't be serious... oh wait.. we know what it is.

its ignorance.

-MT

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

Oooooooo, Mosheh and Anomalous, what a team, Somebody stop us pleassseeeeee.

"Proven facts", proven without proofs, shheeeejjuusss !

We dont just think, we also look out for facts, someting that learned people ignore on purpose for if they dont how will they be seen as superiors, and if proven wrong they will be known as biggest Jack ....... in hundreds and thousands.

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

Amazing; The fusion stops at Iron but the collapse of the star doesnot reinitiate it. How cool.

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

Yah right comedians are bad people and egomaniacs are the good ones.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

MT,

Are you telling me that you have no knowledge of the many large-scale solar neutrino experiments, old and new???

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You know what? You two (MT, Anom) are possibly the biggest assholes I've ever run across. You can't spell. You can't compose a coherent sentence. You know NOTHING about science, and clearly (maybe) barely graduated from highschool. I love how the internet allows the rational and the stupid (you guys) to mix and have equal time on any subject. It's ultimate democracy. I suppose I'll just relax with my six figure Senior Design Engineer consulting income and let you two serve me burgers the next time I visit McDonalds or Burger King. But hey, we need people like you too. Don't feel too bad about your condition. You have a purpose, even if it is only serving those much smarter and rational than you. Blame evolution, not yourselves. You just drew the short straw in the intellectual evolutionary drama. It's not your fault.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

What a fucking ignoramus.

http://www.hep.anl.gov/ndk/hypertext/solar_experiments.html