The Spirit of God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ULTRA, Dec 8, 2011.

?

Am I the real thing?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That snippet remined me of the story where Jesus spit (water) onto the ground (Earth) and rubbed the mud (Earth) into the eyes of this blind person and he was told to go and wash (water) it off. I think he had to have two goes at that one.
    Now what are you talking about Pincho?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Jesus did a few things with water didn't he. I think water is the clue. Not that it makes you special, but that you have understood that the Earth is important, and we are connected to water.

The other two things that I did with water are...

1/ As a child I was holding a glass of orange squash. I laughed, and jerked my arm out towards this girl who was about 4 feet away, and it was her birthday party. She was wearing a pure white dress. The orange flew out of the glass, and headed towards her. Then strangely everything went in slow motion, and I could see the liquid flying through the air. I bolted forwards, and held the glass out, and caught every drop back in the glass above her dress. I could see each drop, and moved the glass in a sort of drop catching orbit. Not one drop hit her, and in fact she didn't even notice me.

2/ I was in the bath, and had put an electric fire on in my bedroom to keep it warm when I got out. But somehow my clothes were too near the fire, and caught alight. I heard crackling in the bathroom, and then I smelled smoke. I quickly ran into my bedroom. The whole room was alight from floor to ceiling. I thought "No chance of putting that out!!!" So I ran downstairs wearing a towel. I told my mom, and dad to get out the house, it is on fire, and it's burning too badly to bother trying to put it out. But my dad ran upstairs, and started getting buckets of water out of my full bathtub. I told him that it was impossible to put it out it's too big. My dad worked down the mines, he had breathing difficulty at that time. he was gasping from the black smoke after two buckets. He told me to put the fire out, because he couldn't breath. I said again that it was impossible. He said, just try. I looked at the fire, it was still up to the ceiling, and it was spread out to completely fill the room. I took the bucket to the bathtub, and filled it up. When I got to the bedroom, my mind slowed down time again like with the birthday girl. This helped me to decide which direction to pitch the bucket. My mind was working on angles, and it was also working on the spread of water from the bucket to get the optimal result. I aimed, and pitched, and I watched in slow motion as the water went through the air... then I sort of also directed it. I watched the flames, and could see 3 big peaks. I thought that I wanted to hit the 3 biggest peaks of flame. I watched the water split into 3 groups like a triangle. Then it landed exactly on the 3 biggest peaks of flames. The whole fire went out!!! It looked impossible, but in one bucket I had put out the entire room full of fire.

Strange.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Some suggestions are:

1) Something that no other human knows except me.
    2) A date and time for a very specific event that no human knows about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

They are two remarkable stories, and as most guys might, I'd tried to think of a feat that I have done to match them, but there was none of that class.
    But I note both had the element of faith in them. Incredible faith actually.

So what did you end up doing? Tell me about the healings if you can, please?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

The healings are that one of my girlfriends had a womb that was inside-out, I can't remember what it's called. I fixed that. And the other was paranoid schizophrenia. But like I say, I don't really want to risk trying it out on people when they could be just flukes. I don't feel that they have much proof like the water cases. I am happy that the water cases pass my stringent proofs. I am not sure about the cures just happening on their own. I mean I watched the sea stay on the dark line, so I am happy with that. And I know that time slowed down in the other two, so I am happy with that.

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Was ectopic pregnancy? where the foetus starts outside the womb. The only other thing I've seen that would be described as a womb inside out is a prolapsed uterus and this was common in cattle and in pigs but I have never heard of it in Humans. But that is scary stuff, and how would you cure that? We had to push them back in with animals, but a cows uterus after prolapsing becomes enormous.
    So what did you do in your case? Not in gruesome detail but general terms.

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

How did you cure the schizophrenia? Has she remained well?

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I don't believe in magic except the magic of nature. I don't believe in powers or gifts beyond those endowed by human intelligence.

There is no God. There is myth and superstition, and a lot of drama that we are still paying for on account of it.

The best healing that could happen would be a universal movement away from myth and superstition, a tenfold increase in the cumulative knowledge of the world, and a cessation of all hostilities that would necessarily become irrelevant in an era of neo-enlightenment.

That is my religion.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Rob --

He's never cured anything in his life, don't feed into his bullshit.

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Yes I give everyone a fair hearing, but you are right you have to watch out that you don't get sucked in.
    As I was saying I searched for "healing" for years. Now on this "science crusade" with the hope of "Solving Genesis".
    As I was driving home thinking about the discussion.
    The closest I've seen to a miracle is this guy who had a car crash at 15 had severe brain damage, and he couldn't talk well.
    We took him to this healing meeting when he was about 35 years old and the preacher said "there was someone here with a speech problem", and Bruce went up for "healing". Nothing dramatic but years later when he rings me in the weekends we can have a fairly interesting conversation.

Now when Bruce was about 12 he was the milk run boy, and my daughter must have spoken to him at some stage. When my first son was born we were discussing what to call him and Bryony said "I think we should call him Bruce, after the milkman" she was only 2 1/2 years, so he has been nicknamed "Bruce" for the last 35 years.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

The fun thing about magick and miracles is that the results can never be repeated...isn't it so?
    So we the readers can't tell if this all happened in Pincho's mind or in reality.
    Because we were not there.
    Welcome to what I call

Gray-file items.

I note that talking about one's gray file items much leads people to think you are a flake.
    I also note on my own gray-file items...that they become far more ambiguous as I look at them critically, based strictly on data, and not what I "felt" I did.
    If you remove one's feelings and alterations of perception both noted and potential what do you see happening in the real world? That's what you need to ask yourself.

Regarding Pincho's two young incidents:
    During crises it's very common to report a slowed sense of time. For instance...police have reported seeing their shell casings sail lazily by during firefights. My deceased car that someone whacked into...when the girl hit it seemed like it took forever for my front end to crumple. I had time to think "Damn.... there goes the frame... somebody just totaled my car again.... "

Two, cognitive distortions and memory errors are common enough...not saying it did not happen, but maybe it did not happen in the way Pincho remembers it happening.

I personally don't totally trust my memory of events for more than 2 years.
    When I was 12 and having a crisis of faith I remember asking for a sign...if there was ANY God out there, send me a specified sign.
    I remember opening my eyes to the sign I requested.
    Am I remembering rightly? I honestly do not know. I think I am. Maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe I wanted to believe in a deity so much I created the sign telekinetically (I showed it to my mom, so if it was not merely a vivid dream, I wasn't hallucinating). Maybe I somehow knew the sign was going to happen and happened to have my crisis of faith right there.
    See? more possibilities. Gray-file stuff.
    It appears to be somehow synchronous. Is it?
    If so HOW is it connected???
    I don't know. You don't know...
    You think it's (your) God because you are going to put all the gray-file stuff under the heading of "miracle." Because you are prejudiced to think it so.
    You would not consider any other explanations, would you?
    That would be...unChristian if you did, now, would it not?

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

@Chimpkin What was the sign you asked for? What actually happened?

16. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

No, there is a case where the womb is inside-out, and it has a name, but I don't remember the name. I cured it through what my girlfriend called an electric charge that came out of me. A few girlfriends have said that I have an electric charge. Maybe girlfriends often say this?

17. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Whatever the police call it, that's what it is. I could see all of the drops of water floating through the air. I'm not bothered how it is described. So I don't actually see how your examples are different to what I said, apart from the water splitting into 3 parts. Plus I already said "I don't believe in God."

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Try curing an amputee. Other diseases can be reversible.

19. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

So what? I already said that myself. I said I'm not treating the healing as anything of importance.

20. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Hmmm....Dad?

21. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I got high light sensitivity too. But my night vision is better than anyone i have ever tested it against.

As for your actual eyes it would be interesting to see them. I cannot imagine them from your description.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

22. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Ok Ultra

He is a question for you, Explain the following section of scripture in detail.

John 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
    John’s Witness: The True Light

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    The Word Becomes Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
    15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”
    16 And[e] of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

23. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...I like having extremely light-sensitive eyes.
    They are a great excuse to wear brimmed hats and work nightshift...and my body is happiest when I'm not trying to drag it out of bed before noon.
    In fact I try to make a point of eating raw beets as this increases the light sensitivity.