The Spirit of God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ULTRA, Dec 8, 2011.

?

Am I the real thing?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Well, what kind of obsecure objective questions would the spirit of 'God' give you objective answers to?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Did you dive in or were you pushed?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

And did it sloosh forward again?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

what do you want to know?

8. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

No. I will tell you the full story...

I saw a sort of egg in the water, it was glowing very slightly, and I later found out that it was something like this...

http://animal-world.com/Aquarium-Coral-Reefs/Anemones-Tube-and-Sea-Anemones

I wanted to pick it up, but it was about 3 feet in the water. I never take my shoes, and socks off on the beach, because as a child the sand would rub my feet later when I walked home. So I just sort of thought to myself.. "Please move back sea.", and it moved back 1 foot. I used the dark sand to see how far the sea moved back. The wet sand was dark, and the dry sand was light. So I stepped forward 1 foot. I asked the sea to move back again, and it moved back another foot, and then I did it one last time, and the anemone was uncovered so I picked it up, then I panicked and jumped back to the beach, and the water just gushed forward back to the dark line.

I examined the anemone, I didn't know what it was, it was strange to look at. Then I tossed it back in the water, and started to walk home. But then it occurred to me how strange that was that the water moved back. I looked at the sea, and it was staying on the dark line. I though "How come it is staying on the dark line now?" I decided that I would try it again and see how far I could get it to go. So I asked the sea to move back again in my head, and it moved back 1 foot. I stepped forward. I did this very slowly, I asked it again, and again 1 foot at a time. When I got to 6 feet I could feel this weight of sea, and it was heavy. I thought "I can't push this another foot." I looked back, and the dark sand looked a long way back. I decided not to panic, and this time just walked back to the beach. The sea followed, and stopped on the dark line again. I watched the sea for about 5 minutes to see if it moved back on its own, but it just stayed on the dark line. So I concluded that I really moved the sea back. In my head I promised not to tell anyone about it. Well I get the feeling that it is Ok to talk about it, for some reason I feel that at this point in time I am meant to talk about it.

9. Arioch Valued Senior Member

I want to know why the fuck god decided to give me these horrible eyes. Not only did I get the standard "backwards and upside-down" eye package, but for some reason god decided to throw "extreme light sensitivity" in there as well.

10. Arioch Valued Senior Member

And why hasn't god mowed my lawn yet? Jesus was supposed to be in on Tuesday to do that.

11. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

What is wrong with your eyes? Anyway I have light sensitivity as well.

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

My three children have the same problem. They are all albino. Hard on them and hard on the parents too. Is that similar?

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I bet it rained on Tuesday.

14. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Pincho --

My eyes have extra rods and cones.

@Rob --

Similar results, different cause.

15. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Can you find an example on Google?

16. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Pincho --

Unfortunately the underlying cause was never identified so I'm not sure what to look for. All I know is that my eyes are about fifty percent more sensitive to light than normal.

My optometrist speculated that my eyes had extra rods and cones but he couldn't determine any actual cause(which was what I looked for too, for the longest time I thought it was psychosomatic). Given that I've been given other causes(detached retina, meningitis, etc.) and the fact that it's well within the range of what's possible means that I haven't looked into alternate causes too frequently, I have other things I want to learn about.

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I know you don't like spiritual things, but just sort of try and understand this.
    I was reading about Jesus how he was going around healing the blind, and as I said, I had my kids who can't see very well, and I wanted to get the power to do that, like he did. So that is desiring something out of this world really, and the Spirit said to me "Are you willing to die for me?" You know what I said, "Yes, but not yet".
    Now you are the first person I’ve told this to. It happened 20 years ago. 1990 or thereabouts.

18. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Did you cure them? I am too embarrassed to cure people, I wish sometimes that I could let go of my embarrassment. I have cured two people, and that's because they were my girlfriends. But apart from that I don't like the attention.

19. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Robbity...the Spirit may well not have meant that literally. More likely a death of self...well...at that time.

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

No, they just get on with life the best they can. In fact at the time they sort of didn't like me thinking they were in need of healing. But who knows what they think now. They certainly miss being able to drive.
    So many things really.

21. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I kind of feel that they are right. I would hate to try to cure somebody, and it failed. I think that's one of my worries.

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I was reading about the life of the apostles and how they were all killed in action. So I never questioned what sort of death it meant. I had also read "if you ask a lot, a lot is expected". It wasn't going to come easy in my opinion.

23. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I've done a few other amazing things as well. My point is that I don't believe in God, I believe in the Earth, and nature. I have quite a few talents. So I think that the Earth is the most important thing. And water seems to be easily connected with. I have done 3 things with water. If we all care for the Earth, I think we would be on the right track.