The Sciforum member most likely to succeed

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Lord Hillyer, May 8, 2007.

1. Satyr Banned Banned

Awareness of everything that appears and one’s own relation to it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

suffering is needed for humans to become aware of certain aspects.

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

true wisdom like that is hard to come by,

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Satyr Banned Banned

No, suffering is the product of this awareness.
    Consciousness interprets temporality as suffering.
    A unity becomes conscious of its own temporality and the temporality around it.

The struggle to maintain itself creates suffering.

Certain psychologically retarded kinds and weak dispositions then require a way to escape whatever slight awareness they possess.
    That’s where religion becomes important and they become addicted to it, as a drunkard becomes addicted to alcohol or a junky to drugs because they stifle awareness and they become numb to reality.

8. Satyr Banned Banned

Not really.
    What is rare is the stamina and mental and psychological demeanor to cope with what one becomes aware of; what is rare is intellectual integrity and courage.

The imbecile is a coward, fleeing what he sees into a netherworld of promises and threats so as to gain a “better” reality in the after-life.
    The COWARD REALLY HATES HIMSELF AND NEEDS A HYPOHTETICAL “Higher Being” to make him feel better about himself and his condition.

The dislike of life, as it is, is so extreme that the mind cowers behind fantasy and myth, as it is handed to them, like a life-raft, by institutions seeking to use them as minions.
    A junky always loves his pusher.

IceAgedunCivilization isn’t a minority, he represents a growing majority.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i will agree and also disagree, firstly i will disagree because its more fun and leads to debate.

the suffering can be an outcome of that awareness, but also that awareness can cease the suffering.

you can understand without fighting.

peace.

10. Satyr Banned Banned

Just existing requires an act.
    Just becoming and being alive demands a constant fight against temporal decay and external threats, both visible and invisible.

An organism is under constant attack trying to maintain its cohesion and constantly correcting the effects of temporal attrition upon its boundaries.

Suffering=Life.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

one with true awareness would realise that sometimes happyness defeats what you call logical knowing. see sometimes a person can get caught up in his emotion and that can lead to a disguise of the truth just as the path you conflict with also can.

two roads can lead to the same destination,

awareness is not always what it seems,

peace.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

it is that opposite action and reaction that actualy binds us in the end, for a pull to exist there must be a push, the attack is needed as you know,

life = suffering but also life = love,

peace.

13. Satyr Banned Banned

Emotions are biological mechanisms which facilitate conditioned responses and biological survival – sophisticated emotions clouds reason and critical thought as a way of enabling certain behaviors which are risky and costly to the organism.

Primordial, more basic emotions are a biological mechanism of facilitating a quicker response time to appearances and threats.

Happiness is impossible and only ephemeral.
    What there are is different levels of need – suffering being an extreme case of need that has gone unsatisfied.

When need dwindles to a degree where it becomes tolerable or vanishes into the subconscious, and if it is not immediately replaced with another need, the state is referred to as bliss or contentment.

14. Satyr Banned Banned

The words of a romantic, naïve idealist.

Love is a survival mechanism which enables cooperation and the procreation of more complicated biological forms, requiring longer gestation periods and longer periods of, subsequent, weaning and care.

The prime human emotion is fear, of which love is a sophistication of.

Certain organisms are too weak to survive as solitary beings and so group into herds which necessitate cohabitation and cooperation.
    This, in turn, necessitates a more docile tolerant and less aggressive organism.

Love is the chemical process by which individuality and primordial aggressive dispositions and intolerance are sublimated and suppressed.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

happyness is not the lack of needs, happiness is a state of consciousness that your frame of mind is mostly set into, one can succumb to many negative emotions from instinctive levels while remaining as a whole happy.

basic emotion based responses can be reset and changed, i have changed many of my initial inset response mechanisms due to intense martial arts trainig methods, replacing illogical fear with rapid responses that are now more suited to my mind and body due to improvements, improvements that my body could not make alone without help from training and reprogramming,

happyness is not impossible, its just not possible to be completely inmoved by negative emotions 100% of the time, you cans till have a happy frame of mind, opposite to a pessimists frame of mind,

perspectives can change natural responses to situations.

peace.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

that depends on what you define love as. fear no longer resides in my mind due to training, temporary emotions come and go as i watch and observe them, fight or flight is no longer a built in response to me i am sorry to state.

what you describe love as is not the only definition of the term, you are thinking about chemical and emotional love, not rational thought process,

i do not need anything to survive but food and water and this earth, i prove this to myself everytime i live in the wilderness by myself every year, i choose to show love to certain people because i care for them on different levels, i give people things to help them. i also know people are weak and need things so i supply them with it, i help people that i love,

love means many things, even if one of those things is telling somebody you love them because it will make them happy and bring a smile to the face, you over analyse things and have lost slight touches with what you call logic,

peace.

17. Satyr Banned Banned

Contentment is a subjective term which depends on the organism’s, the mind’s experience with certain levels of discomfort and need.
    When the mind has been habituated to a larger level of discomfort, let us say, then any decrease of discomfort below the level of his comfort-zone will be experienced as pleasure or relief or contentment.

For instance a man growing up in an austere environment will be made “happy” with less, whereas one pampered and used to abundance will find any lack excruciating.

Yes, the Will, human reason, is the only thing that can usurp and control natural tendencies.

Asceticism and athleticism are forms of rational habituation with suffering and the conscious control over the reactions towards them.
    For example, athletics places the physical body into a state of artificial suffering, habituating the mind with that level of discomfort, making any level below it to be experienced as comfortable or pleasurable.
    Asceticism, likewise, trains the mind to resist and to tolerate suffering.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

hey sorry but i have to go, i should have left ages ago but was enjoying our debate, post a few responses so that when i return i can carry on with the discussion!,

you are quite good at not letting your emotions take control of the debate proccess, but you have a few things that need improving (as do i ofcourse), i think you would find it better if you expelled your inner frustration/hatred towards certain groups of people. it would benefit your thought proccess and make you even greater than you are already,

annoyance can be beaten by acceptence,

peace.

19. Roman Banned Banned

Oh, you guys are so cute.

20. Satyr Banned Banned

Yes, perhaps you have now achieved a “higher” level of existence.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but the control of fear.

Oh God…another one.

And?
    Just because you are not aware – awareness remember – of the underlying motives behind your “caring” of others, doesn’t mean that they are not there.
    Just because you’ve convinced yourself that you only need some basic things – true or not – does not negate your need.

All living things need.
    Need is simply the temporal flux made conscious.
    Since life is a temporal manifestation, need is part of what it is and so suffering is part of its condition.

Yes, perhaps we can replace “logic” and reason with emotion…then we’ll use emotion to explain and understand emotion.

The giver always receives more than what he gives.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I hope so. If my business go well I could be looking into some $6,000 per month...

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Are you saying I conform to society? Where in the hell did you get that idea!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I would certainly say that. You're very much like most of the kids/young men in the USA today ....idealistic, lacking in real-life experience, wanting peace without taking into account that some people are evil mutha-fuckers, thinking that government is out to get us all, wanting the government to take care of all the people without them having to lift a finger, ......among many other such typical childish notions.

Baron Max