The Reasons Jews Do Not Believe Jesus Was G-d....

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by The Devil Inside, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

"you guys" includes me -- no?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Perhaps if you were alive during the time that is the context of our discussion.

I'll explain why I use the term "you guys" at a later date if you ask me to do so. However, it has very little to do with the discussion so if you could find the time to actually get to the points offered in my post, it would be appreciated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I used the Wikepedia article -- Wiki has a disclaimer about its articles -- that they depend on the volunteer that writes them. According to the Wikepedia:

I've never heard of the man, so I don't know what to think about him.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

S/L says:
    Christians are still christians yesterday, today, and tommorrow. Are you saying that christians today wouldn't do the same things given the chance? I'll give you a hint -- we don't make anyone come to our church -- we invite them. If they say no, we don't want to kill them, rather we hope they will come for their own benefit not ours. I think you will find that most christians that care to call themselves such are peaceful and have a genuine concern for others. When I meet someone, it usually doesn't take me long to figure out whether they are a christian -- their speech, personal habits, attitude, demeaner, and general behavior are clues -- but that's me speaking.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  8. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Woody said, "Christians are still christians yesterday, today, and tomorrow? Are you saying that christians today wouldn't do the same things given the chance?"

M*W: Just this morning I posted the following in the thread about "apologizing for christian wrongs like witch burning." Woody has posted his answer (why are we not surprised?) in this thread. My post is as follows:

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its about as accurate as me saying that Mr. T claimed to be the messiah.
    do your research before you post, retard.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

When did that happen?

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

Chaim Vital Calabrese

read the article, smartguy.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the septuagint, michael?

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

yeah...

Maybe you should just do a quick review, I'm not sure if I know what the difference between the Torah and the Septuagint is? I just wondered when they were first written down in a form that was the same as is found at Boarders today.

So when was the whole set of Jewish religous book(s) put onto paper and everyone agreed yes this is correct?

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

a loooooong time ago.
    if you mean the septuagint, it was written around 250 ce, if im not mistaken.
    the other texts are much older, however.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

btw: septuagint is just a greek translation of the hebrew Torah.

16. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

You have your perspective and I have mine:

Blaming someone for something they didn't do (burning witches), had no control over, and that they don't agree with -- that's a real cop-out. An apology demanded is this way does not seek fairness, but rather an unfair advantage, and retribution that is as unjust as the original crime. It's like the lynch mob hanging the wrong guy.

We have a former witch in our church, and I'd never think of doing such a hideous thing to her or anyone else. The Christ I believe in died for ALL sinners and that includes witches.

I've already responded to the post about burning witches/heritics at the stake, and apparantly you failed to read it so I'll post it again:

Your response really belongs on the other post, not on this one. It's a distraction for this discussion. Now where were we?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  17. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Why don't you do something constructive -- like volunteering to rewrite the wikepedia? I have given enough examples of the false messiahs -- will you also defend Jim Jones, Father Divine, Moon, et al? Why don't you just accept the realistic fact that there are many false messiahs (the point I originally made), then get over it, and return to rational discussion instead of throwing red herrings at me. You do that a lot and it's distracting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Man, you'll try anything to change the subject! You embrace christianity, therefore, you are just as guilty as the evil ones who tortured and killed nine million innocent women (none of whom were witches) in the NAME OF CHRISTIANITY!

Fortunately, there is this little thing called karma, and it will find you, one way or the other.

19. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

double post

20. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Karma Schmarma
    See what I mean? It's a cop-out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Jesus didn't do it, and he's the first christian. Christians are named after Him. Do you want him to apologize?

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Woody, you are the big distraction on this forum, not me. Shall we take a poll? You are the one who can't come up with any answers, therefore, Woody, it is you who continues to cop-out. You continue to defend your vile religion, therefore, you, Woody, are as vile as the filth you embrace.

22. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I hate religion, Jesus hated religion, you hate religion -- we all have something in common.

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Very amusing then that we're apparently all guilty and need forgiveness because some guy and woman that we had no control over, didn't know, and didn't agree with ate a fruit several millennia ago. I agree.. It's a cop-out.