The Reasons Jews Do Not Believe Jesus Was G-d....

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by The Devil Inside, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

An interesting enough post, but there are a few issues and errors I would like to point out:

You didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears - and you are fully dependant upon the testimony of the person that wrote that specific chapter, (to which you can only make assumptions as to who). It's like me saying I saw Frodo throw the ring in the fires of mount doom with my own eyes.

But this does not hold true with the OT, where god takes physical form many times. One such example would be in the GofE where he takes a nice stroll, or when he dances in front of moses.

Strange perhaps that the religious jews have sex between sheets, unable to look upon each other, (Fundie English jews at any rate). Also not for fun, but only to conceive, (from the case of the man killed by god for spilling his sperm). It's inaccurate to then state it's about "pleasure", when it isn't.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i am the WRONG fellow to be debating the validity of christianity with, on this forum. it is my life study.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

witnessed by thousands of people all at once.

the issue was whether G-d ever took a human form, which it was never written that he did, or would.

i also find that to be a strange practice, as the Torah tells us to rejoice in life and all of the experiences which do not violate the laws.
    "if given the chance to taste a new fruit, and you refuse...you will have to answer to your actions, after your earthly life."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

So claims the one person that wrote that specific chapter.

Excuse me, but you said "physical form":

"meaning that He assumes no physical form". Whether he appears as a cloud, rock, burning bush or human would still mean taking "physical form".

K?

Answer to your actions? Yeesh.. I wonder if 'right of choice' means anything.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the argument woody and i were having was about a human form though, snakelord.
    k?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Jews and Christians will be waiting for a messiah (or one to return) forever because it's an ingrained part of their culture, like a carrot on a stick tied to their heads. Because they were arguing about theology instead of cooperating against a greater evil, the Romans were able to destroy the holy land, rewrite the words of Jesus, and establish a "holy" empire called Catholicism that extorted treasure out of Europeans for more than a thousand years.

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

?

It was from your first post..

Don't tell me people are now making 20 threads to handle one debate? Further to which, you stated you got all that stuff from about.com. Were they debating with Woody also?

I also take it you had no dispute with my other statements?

It's also worth noting that not only does the bible state we are made in his image and likeness, but he is also seen walking in the GofE, (implying that he has legs, and thus some kind of human/animal form). There are other instances aswell, but this shall suffice for now.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i was posting to woody about the divinity of jesus, and he asked me why jews dont believe in him as G-d. instead of destroying a thread about DARWIN with the subject, i created this thread.
    the about.com article was relevant to the discussion. dont be belligerant if you want to talk to me. of course they werent debating with woody. what an asinine question.

im not sure what other statements you mean.

unfortunately, im off for the night. i have a dinner party to throw.
    goodnight.

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

And the about.com article mentioned that god assumes no "physical" form. It did not state or limit it to human form. You made a mistake, it happens.. no need to take it out on me. Thank you.

Hmm, I wonder.

You made a statement that certain events were "witnessed by thousands of people all at once". My rebuttal to that is that you can only make that assumption on the word of the one person that claimed thousands witnessed it. Your claim has no valid merit.

13. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I've read a little about the Noahides, but I have only a few questions:

1) Which prophets in the Mishna or any other of your texts say it is not necessary to have a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins (to avoid judgement)?

Compare this to Moses:

Exodus 12:12,13 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.
    And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

Also a NT reference:

Hebrews 9:19-23 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
    (ref Exod 24:8) [And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.]

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

-------------------------------------------

2) Why did the Jews stop doing this, because there was no temple when Moses performed it, nor was there a temple for any of the other patriarchs prior to Moses, and they all offered blood sacrifices?

14. Qorl Guest

A hero always has to die to change the future. How many real heroes in this planet pass the age of 33?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

DI said:

-- you betcha

My Barbecue Website

Jesus said that it's not what goes in the mouth (food) that defiles a man, rather it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man (speech).

No, I am not a seventh day adventist . Jesus proclaimed that he was Lord of the Sabbath (Mat 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5) as He performed miracles, and changed our view of the sabbath.

His healing work on the sabbath started his death sentence (from Matthew Chapter 12:

Jesus really hated what the jewish leaders had done to the sabbath and other practices to enslave people with the law.

16. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

ah... yeah see.. THE PROBLEM IS... they just dont realise that he did...
    do everything he was supposed to...

by cause and effect... he was the cause.. and the effect was Christianity...

which is the only reason jews have prospered over the last 1500 years...

and is the only reason ISRAEL exists today.

once we come to see this simple truth... we find that he did the job...

2000 years ago.. and it continues.

-MT

17. cciissccoo Registered Member

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

and i stand by the statement that jesus did not qualify.
    remember, im not a jesus basher. but he did NOT fulfill all of the prophecies, so the christians need a SECOND coming of the messiah......which is written NOWHERE in the prophecies.

20. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

wrong... jesus said he would return... dah.

-MT

21. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

He's only a couple of thousand years late.. lol.

22. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

From Luke: So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

The church age (Kingdom of God ) began with salvation through Christ.

"This generation" is the generation that experiences all the events previously described, which all clearly have not come to pass yet. The reformation of Israel is one of the required events, and this event occured after 1900. Also the rebuilding of the Jewish temple must occur before "all things" are fulfilled. If the Jews attempt to rebuild the Jewish temple, they must destroy the Dome of the Rock , one of Islam's holiest shrines that was put there centuries later than the prophesy. Odviously this would escalate into an all-out arab-jew war.

Sometimes the Kingdom of God is confused with the Kingdom of Heaven discussed in Matthew. The meaning is debatable though that is not critical to the point you made.

So in other words, the Kingdom of God is here on earth "now", as experienced through a new relationship that no longer requires a temple in Jerusalem and animal sacrifices. It began with the crucifiction and resurrection of Christ and elimination of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem (an obsolete relic). It advances with each subsequent stage in cluding the second coming and millineal reighn (which have not occured yet).

After the second coming of Christ there will be a millineal reign lasting 1000 years. Christ will be physically on the earth for the 1000 years, but the earth will not be destroyed until after that. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the millineum began in 1914. They are the only denomination that thinks this way.

As promised by scripture, there is no way a human can predict these events in advance. So if someone says they have it figured out -- they don't. Hence the ambigous interpretations.

The information presented here is for information purposes and I don't necessarily agree with all of it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Matthew: "In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away, all these things will have taken place."

This includes:

1. The second coming of the son of man
    2. The sun being darkened
    3. Moon wont give it's light
    4. The stars will fall from the sky
    5. Powers of the heavens will be shaken
    6. All people on earth will beat their breasts.

As stated on my previous post:

He's only a couple of thousand years late - which was made in direct response to Mosheh's: "jesus said he would return".