The Reasons Jews Do Not Believe Jesus Was G-d....

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by The Devil Inside, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

But He sacrificed His life in the temple of the heavens. Are you sure it reads "build" and not "show".

Jesus often described His body as a temple (which He rebuildt).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Yes, I know about the real names of the 'apostles.' No, I wasn't referring to the anglicization of the 'apostles' names. They were different astrotheologically and they also had Egyptian names:

Matthew - Ma'at
    Mark - Mars
    Luke - Lucifer (Physician=Serpent)
    John - Oannes (Aquarius=Water Bearer=Baptizer)
    Peter - Ptah
    Saul - Sol
    Paul - Apollo
    Judas Sicariote - Scorpio
    Mary Magdalen - Virgo
    Eve - Virgo

There's more, but I'd have to go look them up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: The website you quote also has this to say:

"Nazareth has little history, neither before nor after the birth of Jesus. Always a small town, it was not on a major route, nor it did have a specific export. A town able to subsist alone for the most part, there was little opportunity to draw traders up from the caravan route lower done the hillside. The town is not mentioned in the Old Testament, and only in the New Testament in relation to the town where Jesus grew up."

M*W: All books of the NT were written long after Jesus was gone. Mark, the earliest, was written c.70CE.

M*W: Even if the town had gone by another name, which is possible, it was destroyed c.67CE, and was first mentioned after c.70CE. It could have been named and destroyed before c.67CE.

In the 2nd century CE, the priestly family of Haspises lived in Nazareth. An inscription discovered in Caesarea mentions Nazareth as one of the places in Galilee where priests of Judaea migrated after the war of Hadrian in 135 CE. This was assuredly because the town was all Jewish, and the other towns of Palestine were being Hellenized. It was also about this time that Konon, a Christian, was martyred here. Otherwise there is no record of Christians at Nazareth until Byzantine times and Emperor Constantine.

M*W: It is highly unlikely that Nazareth existed until c.325CE, when Constantine's mother traveled to the area and claimed to have found [/I]authentic relics of Jesus' life and built chapels over those locations. It's also very likely that it was Constantine's mother who named the town. Most likely, though, she was just another stage mother who spent her life forcing her son into the limelight, and catching the Jesus-train enabled her to do so. The RCC believes these relics to be authentic even as we speak!

Your reference stated: "After Christianity was declared a valid religion of the Roman Empire by Constantine, Nazareth gained some attention as the town where Jesus grew up. In 356 CE Empress Helena built a small church in center of the Jewish community, over a pre-existing church or synagogue. This was called the Church of the Annunciation, and represents the location where the angel Gabriel is supposed to have told Mary of the coming birth of Jesus. Below the floors, and part of a pre-existing church, are mosaics with a cross worked into the design. Since the use of the cross in floor mosaic was forbidden by Emperor Theodosius (408-450 CE), it is thought that the later floor was meant to cover up the earlier, and therefore dates the first floor."

M*W: Again, this reference offers no valid evidence for the existence of the town of Nazareth during the time you state.

Your reference states: "During the time of Constantine many Christian churches were built in all-Jewish towns on the order of the Emperor, specifically to spread Christianity among the Jews. The Arabs captured Galilee and Nazareth in 636 CE, and espoused a tolerance for Christianity. This tolerance did not last long and Christian churches were converted to mosques. The Greek emperor, John Zimisces, reconquered Galilee from the Arabs in 920, but he was later poisoned by his eunuchs, and his soldiers abandoned the country."

M*W: Nazareth apparently rebuilt, and in c.636CE, it was captured by Arabs, but this still does not pre-date the city.

Your reference states: "c.1200 - Town on site at beginning of Israelite occupation of Canaan. In 67CE, City destroyed in Jewish War."

M*W: Still, the dating of Nazareth is inconclusive as of c.1200BCE, since it only referred to as "Town." Again, in c.67CE, it is referred to as "City" but not "Nazareth."

Your reference cites "Home of the child Jesus of Nazareth." This is questionable, because the gospels were written beginning only in c.70CE. Therefore, it was 'assumed' that Jesus was a child there. This could have even been a forgery. There was simply no valid evidence of the town of 'Nazareth' until after Jesus was gone, and then it was referred to in the past tense. There is more evidence to suggest that Nazareth did exist from at least the earliest date of c.67CE, if not before, but not back as far as c.1CE. There is still no proof that the town was called 'Nazareth' in c.67CE. It seemed to gain popularity as a town in c.356CE, thanks to Constantine's over-zealous mother.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Huh. I thought the reason jews didn't believe that jesus was a god was because they were not as stupid as christians.

8. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

That's because "thinking" is a little out of your league.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- take Hapsburg for example and his dimwitted oneliners.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  9. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

I'm sure if there was a poll the results would show that everyone usually skips posts with M*W and Hapsburg heading them...

Hapsburg is just a kid with a dirty mouth. I can't help but imagine him/her/it as a little thing with a lisp and loud voice. You know like Scrappy Doo from Scooby Doo?

After browsing the first half of the thread I'd swear M*W would've given up... but clearly... it's M*W... even her bones will speak... Nice job crushing the Snake's head before it got to your heel.

10. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

MarcAC said,

He is almost 16 years old and he lives in the bible belt.

11. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

MW said,

Yet the bible has 29 accounts of Nazareth by Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Apostle Paul. If it was a lie as you say, and did not exist as you say, then what is the point of even mentioning it, and by so many different authors? People in that day and time must have known about it, or christianity wouldn't have begun.

Could you imagine the apostles and desciples claiming that Jesus came from "xanadu"? Like the who's lived in whoville -- yeah right!

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yes. im sure because that was the reason for christ claiming he could rebuild the temple in three days. he was showing the fallacy of such a thing to be done by one man.

13. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Medicine Woman, I'm not certain how you can reconcile this:

With this:
    The former is an analysis of the archaeological history of the region, with some reference to known Biblical scholarship (eg Mark is the earliest gospel and was written c. 70CE). I don't agree with your conclusions, but at least there's some meat behind it.

The latter is new-age-y gobbledegook with zero scholastic backing in which people who are obsessed with astrology make stuff up out of their own heads and draw imaginary links based on nothing more than the vague resemblance of a name to one with astrological meaning, like "Mark = Mars". Sometimes people called Mark and Paul are just called Mark and Paul, you know!

That truthbeknown link is to Acharya S's web site. I prefer to get my objective biblical research from people who a) have more than one letter in their surname, and b) do not look like Madame Grizelda, Beachfront Psychic.

You're an intelligent person, M*W. Why do you keep chasing these snake oil salesmen?

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Thanks, Silas, for staying on top of my posts! From time to time I guess I get on a whimsical streak!

15. dkb218 Banned Banned

You mean there's a religion that thinks Jesus is god?