The reason for the decline in forum membership - anyone?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Quantum Quack, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

It was Russian I believe. And I am fairly certain he just said "Comrade let them go to hell"..

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

There are keyboard codes for foreign alphabets

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

You speak Russian!!?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

I have Russian friends and have picked things up over the last 20+ years of our friendship.

8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Oh well, no more secret code.

9. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

Nice, it is wonderful language, right?

10. arauca Banned Banned

Now It confirms me what kind of troublemaker you are. You just guess

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

are you a Bulgarian?

russian: пусть идут к черту [ Let them go to hell] per googles little online machine

12. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

I think he's Ukrainian?

13. seagypsy Banned Banned

I am not a fan of Bells but if you are going to make a complaint against someone make it a LEGITIMATE complaint. Her ability to translate Russian in no way makes her a trouble maker. It only means she busted you in trying juvenile tactics of trying to make friends via secret code. Is RedStar obligated to regurgitate your opinions because of common language or heritage with you. Get real.

14. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

I don't think arauca has done anything wrong necessarily, he is just expressing his opinion in the wrong way. There is a way to have a legitimate argument about homosexuality and its place in culture.

In reality, though, like I said, it shouldn't be an issue. There are bigger problems in the world, like the utter destruction of the working class by capitalism.

15. Bells Staff Member

It is a language like any other. Being from a French speaking background, I do find it very tricky.

It was German this week, wasn't it?

Uh huh..

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I consider this thread now derailed... what now?

17. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

Clean up!

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yep clean up time is warranted... all off topic posts zip...moved or do I have to start another thread using the same OP?
    note: It takes a lot of discipline not to react to the flaming of a poster.... a lot... so the sooner they are moved the better.

19. seagypsy Banned Banned

You make a very good point. I wasn't able to keep up with the details of your suggested solution but I do understand and empathize with your original concern.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I lost the plot on this one a while ago

I don't know. I lost track somewhere between the proposition that the site lost forty thousand members and the idea that this has something to do with moderators offending the membership.

I figure to just let the discussion go on, so folks can get whatever off their chests.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

arauca:

This is borderline.

You would be better off writing "Homosexual rights undermine the meaning of marriage", or something like that. But, you should also say why - otherwise it just looks like you're making unsupported claims based on personal prejudice.

You should also use a neutral term such as "gay people" or "homosexual people" rather than "Homo", which is usually regarded as disparaging and offensive.

Finally, remember that homosexual people are ... people. When you refer to a person's rights, you talk about his rights, or her rights or their rights, not its rights. Homosexual people aren't robots.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I believe I would be correct in saying that most topics are started with the goal of acheiving something. "Acheivement envy" could be the main motivation behind most posters who appear to be wishing to derail a threads goal. How many threads acheive their goals I wonder.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

A Ukrainian?
    Probably a bread thief.
    Starve him to death, immediately!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.