The REAL 4th Hed's sciforums awards

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by thefountainhed, Aug 17, 2004.

1. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

The REAL 4th Hed’s sciforums awards

I had to satisfy my thirst for the vitriolic and since Gendanken figured out the game and goofyfish closed the thread, I suppose it’s time to create the real awards thread that recognizes the few posters that have put forth thoughtful and insightful posts. I would still like to thank spuriousmonkey and Dr. Lounatic for always being there to help satisfy this thirst. The same of course goes to gendanken.

The level of posts on the forum has not increased or decreased in intelligence or insight as this is not a quantifiable measure: all members have differing preferences and expectations. Nevertheless one can still put forth criteria that attempt to quantify the few whose posts have held a certain standard of quality. The 4th awards thread should have been three months ago but I was far too busy to engage in what is both inane and necessary.

Thus, without further ado:

Best Poster—As I cannot read every posts and am quite frankly unwilling to read most posts, I simply classify by firstly limiting post count in the past 3-4 months to 70-100 or more. I also do not frequent the pseudosciene or the cesspool subforums and so the best posters there can kiss my proverbial black ass.

Criteria:
    1. Makes well-developed and supported arguments devoid of obsessive generalizations and fallacies (especially ad hominen).
    2. Provides original and enlightening perspectives otherwise missed by the masses.
    3. Presents a valid viewpoint regardless of backlash
    4. Language
    5. Posts within the past 3 months (100+)

Nominees with mini summary as to talents

1. Fraggle Rocker--- an amiable poster whose wisdom shows through his posts
    2. Tiassa --- Uncannily good with this language and adept submerging self into topics
    3. Raithere --- Intelligent poster able to present ideas into very erudite posts
    4. gendanken — often abusive and aggressive in language but nevertheless creatibe in thought and language.
    5. James R --- logical and precise presents thoughts only when he has something to offer
    6. undecided/nico --- Very prolific but nevertheless knowledgeable in the piss hole subforums Politics and World Evemts
    7. RosaMagika ---- Relatively new poster who is both prolific and mostly insightful in presenting a different taste on issues
    8. Invert Nexus —Look above
    9. river-mind --- My favourite poster, very intelligent and creative
    10. Jenyar--- Knowledgeable in theology and open-minded in his/her presentation

Most Resourceful Poster

Most Resourceful posters
    Definition: Main Entry: re·source·ful
    Pronunciation: ri-'sOrs-f&l, -'sors-, -'zOrs-, -'zors-
    Function: adjective
    Date: 1851
    : able to meet situations : capable of devising ways and means
    - re·source·ful·ly /-f&-lE/ adverb
    - re·source·ful·ness noun

Usage/Criteria
    Describes the individual best adept at providing links to support his/her stance, most ingenuous, most clever, provides insightful views, etc

1. Dr. Lounatic
    2. anu
    3. gendanken
    4. river-wind
    5. MacM
    6. Fraggle Rocker
    7. Quantum Quack
    8. seargentlard
    9. John Connellan
    10. Nasor

So that’s it. Only two categories this time, for the other categories I previously provided are far too inane and I am far too lazy to create them anyway,

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Clearly these awards are awesome

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well thought out too :serious face:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No problem, I was happy to help you out.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

WOW. I see that there are four "awards" threads circulating. And whilst I commend you all for putting your invaluable time into something that is a blatant ripoff of the original and HONOURABLE hed's awards, we could perhaps start a union and give every lowlife attempting to equate or elevate above the hed some say-- no matter how uneducated.

This is the awards thread. The nominations are researched. That is all.

8. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

I hate to bust you bubble but "your" idea is hardly original or honourable, its a ripoff from people past, your where how ever first here as far as i know.
    But everbody is entitled make there own, adding there own twist and turns, strangly all the other 3 seems better then yours

btw: We reach 130 post in the other thread before the administration got bored, i bet they where just waiting for an excuse to close it.... just needed to say that

9. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

If you can't speak to your peers with a little more decorum I shall be forced to remove your thread from the "awards thread, award thread". Just think of all the possible fame and accolades you will be missing out on if that happens!

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Also buffys should on the list. Smart guy who created some good threads in A&C.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Immitation is the best form of flattery.

12. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Well the art of recognition is simply perfected by claiming credit. The first to claim credit receives it. I claim that since the original awards thread was perhaps a year ago, I am the originator. And the reasons were to some extent honourable as I sought to simply list those I thought were the better posters.

Did they nominate you?

I shall make an effort to keep this one very quiet.

*shrug*

13. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Why did spookz delete his post, I was about to reply to it.

buffys is a good poster, unfortunately the places are very limited.

Yea, that or the best way to drag an idea into shit. But I get your point. What I really outta do is create an honourary seargentlard award.

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Only makes you look better.

Oh man...i'd love to win that one

15. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

So you want an example of an ingeneous or clever posting from DR Lou Natic that warrants his inclusion amongst the most resourceful nominees?

Here:

Go ahead and diissect it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  16. kasi Banned Banned

But I'm not allowed to kill the guy in the wheelchair, thats the problem.

the guy in the wheelchair, you maggot, is hawking. he is worth a million of your miserable and pathetic existence

Thats the glitch in the system.

no, sorry, in your brain. kapeesh? the glitch in your brain!

This damn shit called law fucks up the natural balance.

natural balance? cliched nonsense is what that is. we simply do not possess the temporal viewpoint to understand what that means.

Within our own species survival of the species should be occuring.

why?

Its not supposed to be species vs species.

why?

No other species is ganging up to take on the world.

non sequiter

The species are in harmony with eachother

hehe

Within a species should be conflict making sure only the best individuals survive.

random neurons firing haphazardly

Without the species as a whole nurturing these gimps they'd be fucked.

1+1=2

If their family could look after them while my family, some other family a bear and 4 lions were all out for the gimp's head then more power to them, but I doubt they could protect him from that onsluaght. Which means he shouldn't be alive.

jeez. stone age? modern age?

His family didn't invent wheelchairs or guns.

who the fuck is "he"? what if they did?

It isn't fair that we as a species have joined forces, ofcourse we're going to outcompete the other animals, they're busy competing with members of their own respective species.

so ahh humans are now united? pick up the goddamn newspapers and read

We aren't "so far ahead" of any species alive today. We all evolved together. What we are is soft, we stopped behaving the way the animal we are is supposed to behave, and became a burden on the biosphere as a result.

garbage

dr lou cannot think straight. halfassed and unsupported assertions/idiotic generalizations/whatnot is what i see. there are more than adequate resources to cater to all of humanity..sick or otherwise. all that is required is the proper management and utilization of said shit. things are only gonna get better.

if you require an expansion of the above, ask. i will bury you in citations. i will show you why anu is the most resourceful fuck in all of history!

17. kasi Banned Banned

i delete nothing. the mods come here to stir up shit.

18. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

LMAO! Ah, yes I have truly missed your posts. Give me some time to respond. Besides, realize resourceful is not necessarily intelligent or logical-- at least not in use in these awards-- but rather "links to support his/her stance, most ingenuous, most clever, provides insightful views, etc " + ingenius. Dr Lou Natic is clever and ingenius and I suspect maddening with a reason.

19. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Moron, this is clearly a value statement in response to another value statement. Within the contexst of his argument, strength is clearly the sperseding value. In order words, Hawking wouldn't survive in the bloody jungle, no matter how intelligent he is.

20. kasi Banned Banned

In order words, Hawking wouldn't survive in the bloody jungle, no matter how intelligent he is.

why the fuck not? inventing unrealistic fantasies in order to support a point does not say much about one's intellect

look, it is true that at one time, the unfit were a liabilty. in these times, they are not. hawking is rich enough to have several gunga dins armed to the frikkin teeth by his side in the jungle

that is reality! not some magical transportation of the infirm into a lion's den during the neolithic period
    the weak will also stay the fuck out of the jungle. they will snipe the bear from the safety of their landrover.

]some other family a bear and 4 lions were all out for the gimp's head (lou)

heh, do you think you would prevail?

understand this, maggots! the doctor parades some mythical period in earth's history as idyllic. that has been a constant refrain of his. it is unsupported crap. it is based on emotion and as such has no goddamned place in a science forum

His issue as far as I see it, is that a handicapped man using a firearm to kill a deer for instance is despicable.

provide context in form of a link if you want to be fair to the maggot. as for your interpretation of his intent.... it is much worse than i thought.

dr lou! nobody gives a rats about your sensibilities. i recommend the preteen chatroom over at aol if your feelings are to be the point of discussion.

i'll tell you what, hed, you have actually done the maggot a disservice. he is slightly more capable than that bit of nonsense you quoted.

however, the guy is a fake. lou was fairly respectable when he first got here. now he simply gets as outrageous as possible. it aint real

typical garbage. never mind cultural expectations/educational biases/child rearing/whatnot. you have another unsupported and moronic assertion.

must go kick dog now. bye!

21. kasi Banned Banned

this shit is being pulled out of thin air!
    this fuckers rap will last as long as he remains healthy. watch the politics change as disease and old age approaches.

22. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

kasi,
    you know i used that post because I knew it would hit home, yes? If you appreciate that this good. Still, you can do better than you are doing now. I will respond later.

23. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Yes, but it is all on purpose. And I think it is clever to a good extent, considering the view points held here.