The Race thread. How many races are there REALLY? Does race even exist?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by TimeTraveler, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Satyr Banned Banned

Oh, GOD!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

More....real?
    This is getting kooky...
    You don’t “see” inner beauty, do you?
    You assume it.
    To see means to have a visual connection with something.
    How does one “see” the invisible?

Does nature “see” inner beauty?
    What is inner beauty?
    Do animals choose their mates according to their spiritual beauty?
    Yes, I can see how you would think so.
    No.
    They are?!
    You mean ….quarks or superstrings?
    No, what is it?
    And energy is what?
    I can see that all that learning has found fertile ground in you.
    You are a beacon of light.
    Someone to be emulated.
    Next time I see an ugly fat chick I’ll remember that.
    No. I think its all part of an "inner truth".
    That's because humans are unique.
    Like you.
    And energy is indestructible and therefore immortal….right?

Thanks Sciforums.

Rocks are made up of the same “energy” are they immortal?
    no matter how many times I've "seen" it i still can't believe it.
    I'm evil and blind to the glory of spiritual reality.
    Jeez...this is getting worse....
    You see the "core"?
    You mean you see the inner core which is internal and not visible?
    Do you have X-Ray vision?
    That’s me in a nutshell.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

What good would that do?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Lmao. Indeed, he is.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Satyr Banned Banned

That guy has a 127 I.Q.?

Well, so much for on-line I.Q. tests.

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Judging by the inflated nature of online IQ tests... he probably measures around the low end of mild mental retardation.

9. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I'm wasting my time arguing with a person who will not listen and who cannot understand. Continue judging people by appearance, it's all you know, and it's not my role to change you. Just know that not everyone follows the same rules that you follow. Not everyone has the same concept of beauty that you have, so to some people, your version of beauty would be empty and ugly. I hope you get what you want, I hope you find a physically beautful woman and marry her. If I wanted a physically beautiful woman, they are easier to find than what I'm looking for.

10. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

IQ does not matter, if you live and die by a test, you are definately retarded.

11. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

To anyone who wants to know what energy is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

When you run out of energy, you are dead physically, but your energy moves on, if you are a fish in a pound, everything you do in life has an effect and makes ripples in that pound, because you aren't just your physical body, you are what you do. What you did in life will outlast your physical body, just as with Christ, what he did with his life lasted thousands of years, influenced the world in such a way that people still talk about what he did now, and because of this, his energy is not gone because people can become Christian. Hitler's energy also lives on, as people still channel the energy/spirit of Hitler to this day.

You can say that all religion and spirituality is for kooks if you want, you can believe that, you can be athiest, but it does not change the fact that certain math based patterns occur when energy is transfered through generations through memes, and it's a fact that memes influence evolution in a direct way.

12. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

It would appear *sigh* you are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iq

In the link, check out that part that says, "Practical validity."
    In it, it shows all of the things IQ correlates with, as well as the degree of the correlation.

It's really pretty incredible how much IQ relates to life.

13. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

When you are dead, there is no more you. It is not your energy. And what exactly do you mean by energy?

Do you mean the energy of the particles that once made your body?

Or do you mean, the energy, as in the things that you did in this world while you were alive that made an impact on people and planet?

You're being impossbily vague. You have to be clear with us regarding what you're talking about.

14. Satyr Banned Banned

When I run out of energy I eat or I sit down or I sleep.

15. Roman Banned Banned

Super saiyans never run out of energy!

16. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You aren't your body, you are your energy. Everyones going to be dead anyway. Does that mean everything you do in life is worthless and doesnt matter?

17. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Yes I mean the energy of your particles, all you are is energy, you arent solid, your body is not real, yeah your body lets you sense your environment, thats about all it does, it's a sensor. When the body dies your energy fuels something else, and when you are alive your energy fuels bacteria. Everything you do moves energy around, even typing, your energy is in every word you type.

18. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

You are making stuff up again. Nothing that you say has a single bit of observational data to back it up. There is no connection between your various points, just chasms that you leap over with perfect hubris.

I challenge any of our readers to make sense of the above quote. Anybody. Please.

19. Satyr Banned Banned

I once communicated with the energy of my dead dog.
    It wasn’t in my head.
    The medium told me so. She’s my shaman.
    Which, of course, means that the soul is immortal.

Thanks Sciforums!

20. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

It is impossible to know with precision where any single electron is.
    My car keys have electrons in them.
    Which is why I can not find my car keys.

Everything is energy, which means nothing exists, therefore I could not have written this, and you could not possibly be reading it, and even if you could you would never understand it, not because it is a run-on sentence, but because that would require words to have agreed-upon meanings that are universally understood, which would mean that at least these things exist, but since all things are energy, and we aren't really here, obviously none of this happened.

That is fact.

And nothing can be known for sure.

21. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Swivel:

I get your point. However, I believe he was alluding to the fact that ultimately, all mass particles, mass-less particles, etc. are reducible to mathematical equations, which are ethereal. They 'exist' in the sense that we can determine their properties, and how we as people can interact, etc.

I once (1975) asked a member (a former electrical engineer) of the Soviet Consulate in San Francisco this question: "What property of an electron is it that allows electrons in the brain to recognize that they are electrons?" That stumped him, and we had very cordial relations thereafter.

22. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Do I have to give her a history lesson about how women are treated in the media?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1993368502337678412&q=killing us softly&hl=en

That is a Google video, by a white woman, about how white women are treated by white men. It's not like we all treat women like queens in the west, we should, but we treat women equally bad everywhere. So women don't wear a burka here? If that is your best arguement you should do more research, yes women are treated badly over there, but women were treated badly over here until the 1960s or so when they won the right to vote.

Women in America still do not decide what clothes to wear, or get to define beauty, as they are told how to look, what to wear, how to act, what jobs they can and cannot have, etc.

I'm no feminist, I'm far from it, but I like honesty in debate, and the honest truth is that women are treated as the inferior gender in the west and in the middle east, in asia and in africa, all the way to america. It's not based on location, it's based on the fact that some guy's like to control their women to the point of being abusive, and this same guy shows up everywhere around the world in all sorts of cultures.

The reason this guy keeps showing up is because all humans are trained, programmed, by the media, religion, and stereotypes. The middle east is no different. So while I do agree that the middle east treats women bad, I think your comment about how much better white men are, is both racist and sexist at the same time, and I really think if you are trying to impress a female you took the wrong approach.

23. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

If everything is energy, your energy exists, and the energy of your thoughts wrote that. But I guess you cannot figure out that the brain runs on electricity just like your car.

Matter is energy, every form of living matter is alive because energy is flowing through it, and when that process ceases, so too does life, as life goes where the energy goes, and no I don't know why it is, it's just like that.

Plants need sunlight and water, humans need plants for fuel, there is a whole web of life, a system in place where we get our fuel source to power ourselves. You do not exist outside of energy, you have to eat food to keep refueling, you may not be able to see the strings or the elementary particles with absolute precision, and if you want to try and ignore the quantum world just because you can't see it, go ahead, but our tests and experiments have proven without a doubt that it exists. This computer has components in it that rely on quantum forces, and there are quantum computers which are basically computers which run completely on these forces, we have laser and light based computers, we have nano technology, we basically have mastery over matter, so it should be evidence that because our minds actually do master matter, that matter is not the true universe.

Matter is an expression of energy, it looks solid but it's really built up of parts, very much like your body is built up of cells, cells are built up of particles, and particles are built up of even smaller particles, and when you get to the quantum level there is no such thing as distance or seperate, so you manipulate a particle here and it manipulates a particle there, in such a way that you can have one particle in two places at the same time. These have been done in experiments, we call it quantum entanglement, it's a real proven fact.

Here is a video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6372363573109798582&q=quantum entanglement&hl=en

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006