The Qur'an

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I was thinking. If one were to make an analogy between the Qur'an and a rap song. Mohmammad would be the Last Rapper and his Ra'p song the perfect rap song.

seems kind of silly to me now that I type it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

this is what happens when you party like it's 1979 until 6:30am

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

an insightful thought with regards to the human condition.

as far as I can see it, there's nothing new in the Qur'an other than Mohammad is the Last Prophet which is a statement not an insight. so i'd like to you know what you have learned from reading the quran about humanity and the human condition.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If someone were to say everyone should be the same, other people would call it racism. Kinda silly, but hey, some people are unable to cope with the reality of diversity. Others have grown up with it as the norm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I don't know anyone who thinks everyone should be the same. But, I know a lot of people who think teaching racism is wrong. Of course this wasn't always the case.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah and a lot of people who think teaching racism is wrong live in countries where populations have been replaced.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

OT (although the above was also), but: And? Are these people culpable? Or is it their present actions which determine their responsibility?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Culpable for what? The natives living on reservations? They certainly seem to think that everyone else is culpable for their minorities [barring special exceptions]. But yeah, it depends. For example, if they just re-frame their actions so they continue them under new improved PC names [by calling warmongering for resources as liberation] then yeah, its simply old wine in new bottles.

11. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Hmm... I don't agree with your definition of "enlightening" but instead of debating the word lets just see an example of it. Can you give me something "enlightening".

Are you trying to say that in order for something to be enlightening it has to be "new"? If yes, then "new" in what regards, as in nobody ever knew of it, or only you didn't know of it?

Peace be unto you

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Are your referring to Constantinople or did you mean like Iraq and Egypt?

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That would be all people who think teaching racism is wrong.

And everyone else. Since there are no other people.
    Who, exactly, is the "they" in that accusation? And if they brought a wonderful new religion, based on a book of divine revelation attributed to the chief and most accomplished warmonger among them, would that help matters?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As opposed to those fervently supporting ethnocentric democracies?

There are, actually, not everyone in the world is obsessed with skin colour to the extent that living as a minority among others is a threatening proposition, requiring demographic change to a different colour of population.

The ones who cannot seem to avoid racism in one aspect or the other as a means of maintaining their own identity

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You were talking about having replaced the locals - the specific justification was not mentioned.

It's OK to have replaced them for other reasons than skin color, then? When you are teaching that racism is wrong, I mean.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like what? Give me an example

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Of what?

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

New as in something not copied from someone else.

You have learned SOMETHING from the Qur'an havn't you??!?!??! I mean, don't tell me you've wasted your entire life reading this book and have nothing to share? I sincerely hope that's not the case.

Please share.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, you tell me. You mention it, so surely you must think them guilty of something.

So is this what you mean? Shall we discuss it?

Who is "they"? Which "they" did you want to discuss?

I suppose. Which resources, and which people? But weren't we discussing replaced populations instead just now?

20. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Ok, so if something is copied it is not enlightening? Also can you prove something is copied? Does something have to be written down to be enlightening? Can common sense be "enlightening"?

No reason for "!?!?" because I was asking you to explain what you wanted, or does that make you look better than me?

You failed to give me an example which I asked you for.... Don't tell me_____(fill in the blank with what you just told me

) I'll wait for your example to make sure I understand what you want from me correctly..

Peace be unto you

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

So lets see 786, you wasted my time not answering the extremely simple straightforward questions posted for you and now you're wasting my time because you don't have anything to write - I can only assume because you havn't learned anything worthwhile out of all the years you have wasted reading the Qu'ran. Oh, I'm sure you have learned a few thinsg like: Ron Hubbard was "THE" Last Prophet, Xenu likes you to pray towards Mecca , don't eat chicken with red feathers Xenu doens't like it...

Have fun,
    Michael

22. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

So lets see Michael, you wasted my time by not providing a single thoughtful question as others have agreed that your questions can not be answered due to so many assumptions and lack of definitions and now you're wasting my time because you DON'T have a SINGLE EXAMPLE of what "enlightenment" is - I can only assume because you haven't learned anything worthwhile out of all the years you have been alive from ANYTHING. Oh, I would love to say that "I'm sure you learned something" but I can't...

But seriously you can't provide a single example of enlightenment and then you blame it on me.... How pathetic can you get!

I learned a lot from the Quran and again it is perspective based which is what I was trying to get at but you simply don't have the brains to understand this concept.... as you have continuously asked the same type of questions even when others have said pretty much the same thing about each of your questions..

Anways here is something Enlightening (for me) :

"O mankind! We have created you male and female from Adam and Eve, and Allah has made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Lo! The noblest of you in the Hereafter, (in the sight of Allah; on the Day of Judgment, (is the best in conduct) in the life of the world."

Another part I find enlightening: This is from a context where God is telling about his bounties and then asks why do you deny it?

"This is the Hell which the Sinners deny. In its midst and in the midst of boiling hot water will they wander round! Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"

The fact he calls Hell as a blessing is amazingly insightful (although I don't expect you to understand)

I don't feel compelled to tell you what is enlightening about these because after discussing with you like 2 or 3 questions I find myself talking to a person who just

1. "blurts questions" and thinks they are thoughtful.
    2. Asks for example without fully understanding what he is asking for, or at least incapable of providing an example when asked
    3. Putting the blame on the other for his own lack of understanding
    4. Not really caring about the full answer even if partial answer is misleading
    5. Jumps to "assumptions", as you just did here by "assuming" that I learned nothing just because YOU couldn't give a simple example of what you wanted from me not to mention that your questions are already full of assumptions so the added assumption after the question is asked is not so helpful.

Have fun, and If I may recommend please take a debate class.... maybe you'll learn something enlightening in there.

Peace be unto you

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

NO 786 other brainwashed theist agree. And what they really agree on is that they can not admit to themselves that even the possibility exists their silly superstition is made up superstitious crapola.

I'm not arguing with a Scientologist who lacks the sense to even acknowledge that Xenu may not exist. Now THAT my dear 786 is truly pointless. If they are so fracking brainwashed that they can't even step up and admit, yes, Xenu may in fact be a fiction - then what's the gods damn point?

You and SAM can live comfy in your own illogical world where asking if Xenu may exist is somehow painting you into a YES/NO corner. If you're that dense then live your life believing in Xenu, it's no skin off my nose and I personally don't care.

Tell Ronny Boy I said hello when you transcend to Alpha-wahtever.

Hahahaaaa.... Xenu, Allah, Smurfs pffffff you guys are entertaining I'll grant you that much.

Both of your posts appear to refer to fictional words of heaven and hell.

Here's one for you: Oh great man kind, Xenu love is like the drop of water in the wind of cosmic radiation between the star on an intergallactic space ship.

I wouldn't expect you to understand such "deep" enlightenment.
    Sound about right?