The Others In the Universe

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Erring Flatley, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Erring Flatley Erring Flatley Registered Senior Member

It is estimated there are a billion galaxies within viewing range of Earth and that the average number of stars in a galaxy is about one billion. Of these billion billion stars the chance that there planets with civilizations much more advanced than ours is certain. It is sure they have developed technology to the point of being god-like. The chance that they have reached out into the universe to explore it and control it, is also certain. And the chance that they have found us is sure. Without doubt they are monitering us and in fact controlling our civilzation. Have you assumed responsibility for your actions or have you abandoned your resposibilities and become a puppet of their control over Earth?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

A billion stars in a galaxy seems a little large to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

It is far from certain. In fact, there is much debate about this.

Now you're really speculating, without evidence.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

"Have you assumed responsibility for your actions or have you abandoned your resposibilities and become a puppet of their control over Earth?"

Since I'm a puppet master then I am in control, right?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

who says they are more advanced. in order for their to be certainty of a more advanced race, there must be certainty for a lesser one

8. There may be billions & billions of stars, but only one advanced civilization, Earth.

Read this book first:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0387987010/102-1793897-1705731?v=glance
    Rare Earth: Why Complex Life is Uncommon in the Universe
    by Peter Douglas Ward, Donald Brownlee

a review from this link:
    http://www.astro.washington.edu/rareearth/aboutthebook.html

9. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

I hardly call human life an advanced civilization. We are far from it. It is a question of if we will make it to that point before we kill ourselfs.

10. Curious Registered Senior Member

You'd have fun with The Drake Equation.

http://www.seti-inst.edu/seti/seti_science/drake_calculator.html

Erring you seem to have a habit of speculating without evidence...

Quoted from: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=41719&page=2&pp=20

Erring Flatley Post

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

<TABLE WIDTH="600" BORDER="1" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER">
    <TR>
    <TD>
    To speculate life exists elsewhere within the universe is pretty much a Cert. (a Certain Fact).

However to suggest some life elsewhere in the universe thats more advanced than use is controlling us, is incorrect for the lack of proof and lack of logic.

For instance you could say that Mankind used horses to plough fields before they created tractors, however as he used horses the horse knew full well the man was behind the reins. (The horse of course wouldn't have enjoyed it, however the enforced "puppeteering" was in full view as dominance through mastery would require such a visual interpretation for fear and order.)

"When the Cats away, the Mice will play." - Anon

It could be said with our current technological level, and our past enforced "Cold War" stance across the world (which was enforced by those that made money from it.)
    It could be suggested that the use of subversion technologies was in use (even though governments have this innane ability to deny things that are actually true, and usually proven by one or other government desensitizing their past secret papers that reflect the true nature of the denying governments sworded past.)

Such subversion would of been used to shape anarchy groups to one particular governments view, perhaps indoctrines for Terrorism, even Assassination schemes using mental afflictions and common middle-class people.

My suggestion though is such tyrrany will soon die out, due to the evolution of technology and the fact that the people of the world although ununited, all vye for the same freedoms and goals. So eventually Heirarchy within the governments will probably move to a further democratic stance, by removing Bureaucratic dictators like the current politicians and their parties and replacing them with Democratic systems that "Elect Policies" instead of "Personalities".

(Currently in the UK about 40% of the people turn out to vote, Where the other 60% who don't turn out are classed as "Abstein". I am one of those 60%, however I didn't choose "Abstein" I wanted a "NO VOTE!" for None of the "available" politicians, which to me means the country I'm apart of is run by a Minority... a Minority of Approx: 20% or less of the population.)

Anyhow thats politics, however my suggestion here is about the evolution of what we do with our Social systems and the eventual evolution to a level that you would previously defined as "Puppeteers". In reality, I would suggest that we wouldn't control another species if we were of a more advanced nature, because we no longer "Enslave the free world" so why Enslave another World?
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

errrrrrrrbut we DO enslave the free world. 'we' meaning the ones doing it. you dont think yourself a slave?

stay as sweet as you are

13. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Even if only one in a billion stars in the universe are orbitted by a life harbouring planet, that still means there's more than a billion life harbouring planets.
    For all we know the majority of stars might be orbitted by either a life harbouring planet or a planet with the potential to harbour life like mars (or both like the only star we are truely familiar with).
    Even if its unlikely for the basic building blocks of life to evolve into a diverse range of organisms (and I definately don't think it would be unlikely, given time I think it's bound to happen due to the nature of competition which inherently exists with life) we'd still have a very large number of diverse kingdoms of organisms out there.
    Barring the extremely unlikely possibility of a massive defiance of chance consistent throughout the universe I think its safe to say we are far from alone or new or even very original in the history of the universe.

14. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Do not forget Mars. In fact, do not close your eyes on Mars life.