The only thing worse than death is living forever

river said:
A book about 2D beings .

You have a weak imagination.

How so ?

To me imagination should be based on 3D physical objects , which exist . We are part of it and live within in it ; Our Universe .

It is the mathematical concept , 2D that has wrongly taken over our thinking . Our imagination . 2D will never , ever be physical .

How so ?

To me imagination should be based on 3D physical objects , which exist . We are part of it and live within in it ; Our Universe .

It is the mathematical concept , 2D that has wrongly taken over our thinking . 2D will never , ever be physical .
So no pink elephants in your imagination?

Yes

Is it based on 3D physical world and life ?
Or a 2D mathematical world ?
It's a 3D world allright and more prophetic than fantasy, IMO.
The novel is set in an imagined future, the year 1984, when much of the world has fallen victim to perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance, historical negationism and propaganda.
Nineteen Eighty-Four is a classic literary novel in the genres of political fiction and dystopian science fiction. Many of its terms and concepts, such as Big Brother, doublethink, thoughtcrime, Newspeak, Room 101, telescreen, 2 + 2 = 5, and memory hole, have entered into common usage since its publication in 1949.
Nineteen Eighty-Four also popularised the adjective Orwellian, which connotes things such as official deception, secret surveillance, brazenly misleading terminology, and manipulation of recorded history by a totalitarian or authoritarianstate, as described by the author
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

In thinking about this question further...I wonder if living a life without any sense of purpose...if that might feel worse than death? Hmm.

ETA, but we really won't ''feel'' death, so maybe this is all a moot point. :oops:

Last edited:
Back