The mystery of KAL 007

Discussion in 'History' started by Undecided, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

I was watching that TV movie with Jessica Fletcher, lol. Well I did feel rather tacky; I did get interested further into the mystery of KAL 007. I knew the jet was shot over the USSR in Sept.1983. That's not in contention here, what is, is what the KAL jet was doing over two Soviet Air bases? Here is an excerpt from a article I found on the net:

Further:

That is the official line; the US said that the Soviets shot down the KAL jet without any warning. When the US went to the UN this is what transpired:

http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/kal-007.htm

The theory is , why would KAL 007 747 would go over two Soviet Air bases (one in the Katmacahka, and another over Sakhalin Island), to get the Soviet air defenses "hot" so the RC-135 would be able to detect the response time, etc. The pilot was not responding to the intercepting Su-15's advances, like flashing his lights, tipping his wings, and shooting four cannon bursts on the side of the Jet? Why wouldn't the 747 respond at all? Then when the KAL 007 was finally hit the pilot was commanding the plane for a further 11 minutes but did not give any May Day, or location. Although I did not give all the details, the mystery of 007 is evident. Was the US using the passenger jet in the blind hope that it would be shot down to test Soviet responses? Or was the Pilot simply off course?