The Most Offensive Film... EVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by The Charmer, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Interestingly, that movie is the one that first sprang to mind when I saw the thread title. I found the rape scene pretty offensive too. Did you only rent it for Ms Belluci too?

But... on reflection, I've seen worse.

There are some things beyond belief to be seen in the Something Weird collection. I saw enough just on the sampler DVD (although the only one that I actually recall by title is Two Thousand Maniacs).

I also recall a clip (I think from StileProject.com) taken from a movie with a name long passed from my memory in which a charming young Japanese girl removes her eyeball with a knife and fork, then proceeds to use those utensils in the expected way.

But, even that doesn't compare with the wonders of the short animations of Happy Tree Friends which I find simultaneously both extremely offensive and reasonably funny... which is quite a disturbing combination!

Are there any Hentai fans in the audience? Surely there's something in that genre for this thread?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Peter Jackson's firts movie, 'Bad Taste'. Man, he wasn't kidding. How bizarre, how bizarre.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I wasn't offenced but the most disturbing part in any movie for me was Pet Sematary. The part where the late sister Zelda of Mrs. Creed, who's face and body was disfigured and screams out in evil pain.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Charmer Registered Member

Just thought of another few:
    The knob cutting scene in 'I Spit On You Grave'.
    Most of 'Braid Dead' (Pete Jackson's follow up to 'Bad Taste').
    The autopsies in 'Day Of The Dead'.
    The amputation of Miguel's infected arm in 'DOTD'.

And in response to Pete-- a friend lent me 'Irreversible' and I found the rape scene to be fucking full-on realistic. And strangely erotic...(what does that say about me?!!?)

Oh yeah, check out the potting shed/ arse-rape scene in 'Scum'. My mate says it's his most romantic cinema moment. But he's a sick fuck...

Charmed...

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Con Air was pretty funny...
    but the action was so fucked up near the end.
    and cage's south'ron accent: unnatural...

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Oh, bloody fuck, that movie was abhorrent.

11. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Nobodies mentioned The Excorcist?

Loved the bit where the girl masturbates with a crucifix then gets her mother to lick her out then shouts something sexual like "shove it in your mouth bitch" or something to that effect.

One of the best scenes in hollywood!

12. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

The Lord of the Rings, but only the ones with the Hobbits in them, so whichever ones had hobbits are the ones that offended me.

13. Watcher Just another old creaker Registered Senior Member

I'd vote for "Dead Ringers", a Cronenberg film about twin surgeons that is particularly unsettling. In one scene, Jeremy Irons disembowels his twin brother. In the typically bizarre Cronenberg way, this film is weird while not gory, in the sense of blood and brains and body parts - but psychologically it is much more disturbing than the typical slasher film. So, in some ways I found this to be "offensive"...

14. pandora's box Registered Member

"Shakes the Clown." Florence, how could you...?

15. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Passion of the Christ

- Antisemitism

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The Reanimator

17. Jeremirroer probably smarter than you... Registered Senior Member

please do!!!!!!!!!

18. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

Any movie based on an certain event of disaster such as Titanic or Peral Harbor....
    War movies do not count, tho they tend to deipict war, they do not glorify on one certain event.

But alot of the new age comedys bug me... only an example, but alot of the black comedys now-a-days tend to turn the white people into the so called "evil characters" or even a movie like "Malibus most wanted".... a white dude who acts like the black person sterotype..... It is stuff like that that really bugs me.
    As much as I like the movie "How High".. there is too many hidden and un-hidden stero-types in the movie...

Just junk like that.... it bugs me...

I am not racist, but a line has to be dawn..... for lack of a beter definition "us ""white people"" know what you ""black"" people have gone thur in the past. Stop rubbing it in our faces?"

So now... All these hip-hop and rap and/or hardcore rap artist are shelling out, what i personaly think for the most part is horrible music, and people are drawn to it like firggen flys. And if there was ever such a thing as a ""poser"", that little bugger Enimen is exaclty that.

Not that I am into the sort-of music, but what ever happened to artists like Ray Charles...

All this hiphop and rap is directed towards the younger generations.... no wonder they are so "popular"...

Never in my life have I hear someone who was 30 years old listen to rap or hiphop....

my brain is overloading... I am gonna shut up now.... I cannot even finish a decent sentance at this point.

19. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

What about the movie ever so called "Jesus Christ SuperStar"

I have yet to find myself an religios path, but the title of that movie is the most officence name for a """movie""" I have ever heard.

20. rob k Registered Senior Member

21. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Okay, i can beat any of (the above) anyday, 'Red Sonia', one of Arnold Schwarzeneggers first movies, totally and utterly crap, worth renting for the comedy value however!

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

As mentioned above, I also found passion of christ to be quite offensive.

Another pretty offensive movie was that crap-flick made by the guys from Cradle of Filth...what was it called again? Cradle of Fear? Anyway, pretty offensive in some ways (no, not the gore, killing and whatnot, that doesn't touch me), it was just so...gross.

23. Jeremirroer probably smarter than you... Registered Senior Member

Some people might find the TV series "The Quads" offensive....but I live it!!!!

I was insulted to have paid money to go see "Escape for LA" with Kurt Russell. The follower up to Escape from New York. TOTAL SHITE!