The mods.... emm... dont know a thing about physics?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Trapped, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapped Banned Banned

I won't include the whole message, ... but.. this is what I got....

.........Me: ''Pete, this guy has been talking nonsense all the way through. Surely, you can see some of the fallicies brought forward? Some of his statements is totally anti-physics, like stating the least action principle costs no energy? I mean, where does that come from? Goes against everything I was ever taught about the least action principle??? Thanks.'''

Sorry, Trapped, but you're not convincing me that you know what you're talking about.

If someone disagrees with you, it doesn't automatically mean they're wrong,

What? I need to convince you that he doesn't know what he is talking about?

I've heard enough. I thought, at least you would have known, the flaws in some of things he has said... like... it doesn't take energy on an action?

Where is this physics resultant from, and... more importantly, why do you not know this? Action in physics, is defined, by the least action. You don't know this?

Based on this message, I don't think any of you know what you are talking about. The least action princple... ?? No??? Never heard of it, or incapable of searching for it on the net? No?

You all deserve each other, in this delusional science here!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trapped Banned Banned

Let's try and hit you guys with some buzzwords ... perhaps until the penny drops... Lets try this first:

Minimizing action

No?

maybe...

reduced action?

No???

,Maybe....

The variational principle?

ring any bells... no?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trapped Banned Banned

Maybe this...

''His expression corresponds to what we would now call potential energy, so that his statement of least action in statics is equivalent to the principle that a system of bodies at rest will adopt a configuration that minimizes total potential energy.''

you know what potential energy is right? Do any of you know what what minimizing this entails? What is the least path in which a system can take?

No?

Mod's still... ignorant perhaps?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I assume this has been resolved so there is no point keeping this thread open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.