The mechanism of formation of rogue waves

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Fermer05, Dec 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

Please give me a link to this mega object that moves faster than a tsunami.
    And the Moon moves three times faster.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

This is according to which theory of ebb and flow, static or dynamic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

Show facts if you have them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

The reason for the geological activity of the planets is also the Coriolis solar force.
    The side of the Earth located at dawn, as a result of the axial rotation of the Earth, approaches the Sun at a speed of 1600 km/h, and the side of the Earth located at sunset moves away from the Sun at a speed of 1600 km/h. due to which the Solar Coriolis force stretches the Earth along the Earth’s orbit, and as a result, the geological activity of planets and satellites increases. (Rotating planets heat up, like a flat tire on a car.)
    The high geological activity of Jupiter's moon Io can be explained by the fact that the axial and orbital velocity of Io is 15 times greater than that of the Moon.
    Io's orbital speed is 17 km / s, and the Moon's orbital speed is 1 km / s. Io's axial velocity is 1 revolution per 42 hours, and the moon's axial velocity is 1 revolution per month.
    The distance from Jupiter to Io, the surface temperature and diameter of Io are the same as those of the Moon.
    Geologically active are also Earth, Jupiter, Ceres, Enceladus, etc.
    The geological activity of Venus and Mercury, due to the slow rotation, is extremely low. https://images.app.goo.gl/EC2iXou7XDLBWMB66
    If Io gets closer to Jupiter, then the axial and orbital velocity of Io will increase, due to which the Solar Coriolis force can tear Io into numerous pieces, which will then be located along Io's orbit, forming a ring.
    Perhaps the Shoemaker Comet, Levi 9, was torn apart by the Solar Coriolis effect as it approached Jupiter at perihelion.
    At the time of the comet's rupture, the distance from Jupiter to the comet reached about 40,000 km, and the orbital speed was 60 km / s. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Shoemaker–Levy_9
    The coefficient of geological activity of planets depends on the diameter, axial and orbital speed of the planets.
    The video shows how the Coriolis solar force is pulling the Earth and the Moon's orbit along the Earth's orbit.

https://www.sciforums.com/threads/stationary-model-of-the-solar-system.166203/

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

A wave front is not an "object". Waves can propagate through a medium at astonishing speeds without any physical part of the medium moving particularly fast.

A tsunami is a wave in the medium of water. The wave itself can propagate as fast as 500mph. But no part of the water is moving faster than a few dozen miles per hour.

This diagram illustrates fast-moving waves, which is how a tsunami can propagate at 500mph. But notice the red points: no part of the water itself is moving very fast, or even very far.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is really the kind of thing you should have studied up on before spending so much time developing your ideas.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    Pinball1970 likes this.
  9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You are the one making the claims about movement of water; you are the one who is responsible for getting your facts straight. We are not here to teach you what you should have taught yourself before developing your ideas.

But sure. I'll do your homework for you this once.

"Earth tide (also known as solid-Earth tide, crustal tide, body tide, bodily tide or land tide) is the displacement of the solid earth's surface caused by the gravity of the Moon and Sun. Its main component has meter-level amplitude at periods of about 12 hours and longer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_tide

"A phenomenon which is generally not realised is that the air and solid landmasses also move up and down due to the tidal forces. Although the movement is much less in the land than that in the sea, it can amount to a metre of vertical shift!"

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topic... which is generally,a metre of vertical shift!

"The moon’s ability to raise tides on the Earth is an example of a tidal force. The moon exerts a tidal force on the whole planet. This has little effect on Earth’s land surfaces, because they are less flexible. Land surfaces do move, however, up to 55 centimeters (22 inches) a day. These movements are called terrestrial tides. Terrestrial tides can change an object’s preciselocation. Terrestrial tides are important for radio astronomy and calculating coordinates on a global positioning system (GPS). Volcanologists study terrestrial tides because this movement in the Earth’s crust can sometimes trigger a volcanic eruption."
    https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/cause-effect-tides/

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That's your job. It's your theory. You need to fix the errors.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

You can do the math yourself. It's quite simple.

Note that that is the AVERAGE speed. And it is not an object that moves - it's a wave in a fluid.

Think how foolish you'd sound if you learned that sound travels 740 miles per hour in air, and you then asked how you got all that air to move at 740 miles per hour into your ear and why it didn't kill you.
    You are confusing several things here. The Earth spins much faster than the Moon orbits it. Thus, the motion of the Earth is what causes most of the motion of the tides - not the orbital speed of the Moon. If the Moon were fixed in its orbit somehow we'd have the same tides; they'd just be the same every day since the Moon would never change its position relative to the Sun or the Earth.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Bah! I wrote the exact same example, then deleted it.

13. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

There is no such thing. The Coriolis effect is merely the conservation of angular momentum and only deals with objects moving away or towards the axis in a rotating frame. It is also generally measured with respect to that rotating frame. A typical example would be tossing ball on a round-about. If you were near the axis and tossed it to someone further out, to you, the ball would appear to curve as if acted on by a force. However from the non-rotating ground frame, the ball simply follows a straight line, and it is the turn-about that is turning with respect to this.
    On top of that, it is hard to choose a single rotating frame for the Sun as it does not rotate as a single object, but at various rates depending on latitude and depth of its interior.
    You can't just make up terms like "Coriolis solar force" and expect anyone to take it seriously.

James R likes this.
  14. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

The speed of currents and tides is also affected by the Coriolis force of the Sun and Earth.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So you're just addressing yourself, not any of the facts information provided? Is this a discussion or a blog?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Janus58:

I previously tried explaining the same thing to Fermer05 - about how there is no "solar Coriolis force" of the kind that he describes. He ignored everything I wrote.

17. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

According to the Static Theory of Tides, the lunar tidal wave moves from east to west following the moon at a speed of 1600 km/h, circumnavigating the Earth in 24 hours, flooding only the eastern shores of the continents.
    But centuries later it was discovered.
    1. That the lunar tidal wave floods the western, southern and northern shores of the continents?
    2. That the speed of a tidal wave of 1600 km/hour is destructive for both continents and marine fauna? 3. That there are not two tidal humps operating simultaneously across the globe, but more than a hundred, regardless of the location of the Moon?
    4. That the applied hour, which theoretically should be 50 minutes, was stretched from 0 to 12 hours and serves as a tool for adjusting the lunar theory of tides to reality.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The Static Theory of Tides was conceived by Isaac Netwon, and is thus almost four hundred years out of date.

It is useless to use it as a basis for your argument, as it is defunct.

No. Continents and coastlines dramatically affect tide times. What you describe is an idealization, for people who don't do science.

False. Any tide chart will tell you otherwise.

False. Whatever gave you this idea? What is your source material for learning about tides? Are you just making this up?

Here is a simple diagram of tides globally.

Red areas have large tides; blue areas have small tides. Notice how many Western shores have, not only itdes, but large tides.

This took me ten seconds to Google. Have you researched this at all??

This has always been known. Ask any sailor. Do you think the sailors on the West shores of the Americas and Africa didn't discover tides until Europeans came along?

False.
    And this has been explained to you just recently.

Correct. That idea is a dramatic overpsimplification for people such as yourself, who don't bother to learn the science.

Here is a better representation:

Continents and coastlines dramatically affect tide times. You can see this effect in the animation.

I forbid you from making any more claims about your ideas or about tides at all until you have actually studied the science with an open mind. This takes time, it can't be done by browsing YouTube videos.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  19. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

You think you forbidding him is going to hold any sway? If a moderator did, and declared it a formal moderation action, then that would be a different matter.

But this thread is now in the pseudoscience section (although Cesspool is probably better), and simply ignoring is perhaps the best course?

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Aw. You got me. I guess I don't understand how the internet works after all.

That would not be the best course. The forum exists to spread knowedge and information. Ignoring someone when they - and other readers - could be apprised of the facts and the science would not be productive.

Fermer05 has some pretty naive ideas, but he has not crossed the line into trolldom, in my judgement. He seems pretty genuine, even if close-minded and highly misinformed.

21. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

That's laudable for the first few times. I'd say we're beyond that, to the point where head and brick wall are meeting too frequently. But if you have the patience, and the willingness, it's only your time you're wasting, I suppose.
    I'd say he's preaching. There's little, if any, actual discussion, just a case of posting nonsense, everyone telling him why it's nonsense, then him posting a repeat of the nonsense in another form. We've had the likes before. Cesspool, and ignore would be my vote. He's been posting this nonsense on the internet for a few years, and it hasn't changed, no matter how people correct him. If this site wants to be seen to be a serious science site, engaging in perpetual correction of someone that shows no willing to learn is not the way (imho).

But, hey, maybe I should forbid you from continually correcting him! For your own wellbeing, of course.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As long as he's providing the opportunity to teach, that's often enough for me.
    This is a page I'm taking out of James R's book; he takes the time to patiently correct the poster, for their own benefit and for the benefit of other readers. One could say sharing one's knowledge is its own reward.

Nice try. I have 'Immunity from forbiddance' checked in my settings - a privilege unlocked for only a few special members.
    I'll show you. Forbid me to do something.

23. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

What theory was the Chinese tide calendar of 1100 based on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.