The jews got their own Holocaust, but what about others in the 20th century ?

Discussion in 'History' started by Pasta, Feb 5, 2010.

?

Why do you think the Holocaust is well advertised, and victims of Communism are not ?

1. A. Jew are influential in pushing advertising of what happened to them in schools, books and films.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. B. People sympathetic to Communism are supressing advertisment of Communist democides

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. A & B

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Really? And what "version" is that? Perhaps you favour the Nazi version of events?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Are you actually saying they repress the mention of other people?

Leaving aside the dubious question of the responsibility of any group to shill for any other group - the Soviets or Poles for Jews, let's say by comparison - what actual evidence do you have of this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

GeoffP, you know that pj doesn't do evidence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I hate to say it, but this is my experience of him also. Not much point.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Could you too please take your random delusions of hate to a private forming. its getting to be cloying.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

that the holocaust was generally all about the jews and the other deaths were an after thought.

10. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Are you talking about yourself?

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

??? ok I used the wrong two but really do I really come across as arrogant enough to use the use of plurals to describe my self?

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

How about the fact they get offended when the other victims are talked about? Now rather than just do your usual trolling do you have anything to add?

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *

Considering the low standard you set for the level of discourse on this website, you're in no position to complain about someone else's rhetoric. Please clean up your act. Consider yourself on Troll Watch.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So I'm a troll for having a problem with a cloying mutual expression of dislike in the middle of thread about genocides? tell me does seeing something so petty in a thread about something so horrible that effected so many not bother you in slightest. there are far more appropriate places to have had that exchange like say my visitor message board than here. Out of respect for the dead and the damaged.

15. mathman Valued Senior Member

The current mass murder in the eastern Congo doesn't seem to have struck a bell in anybody. It's symptomatic about silly the discussion in the thread has become, i.e. arguing about whether or not sufficient note had been made of various past mass murders. Hitler is said to have noted, describing what happened in the Ottoman empire during WWI, "who remembers the Armenians!". I feel more attention should be paid to what is happening now (Congo, Sudan, Somalia?).

16. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I still don't understand why this thread is permitted to stay open.

Option A is obviously the beliefs of the original poster, Option B doesn't even make sense...it presuposes that communist internments were the only other instruments of mass murder. It also doesn't have very much grounds in reality since less than 1% of the country is registered communist but 3-4% is Jewish.

Secondly the title is making a clear accusation against those of Option A...despite the fact that there's no evidence that those of said option suppressed the awareness of other events.

In short; this thread hardly makes any sense, awareness of other genocides and awareness of the Jewish WWII genocide are mutually exclusive - there's no evidence those of the latter attempted to suppress knowledge of the former.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Many people would find the title of your thread offensive. "The Jews got their own Holocaust?" Are you serious? Do you have any idea how that would sound to someone whose grandparents were slaughtered by the Nazis? It sounds like a bad Monty Python joke: "Oh boy! We got our very own Holocaust! Those poor Afro-Americans had to settle for an occasional lynching."
    It's my job as a Moderator to forestall flame wars, and one way to do that is to call attention to the type of language that often starts flame wars. Trading barbs about each other's language, using loaded words like "delusions" and "cloying," is more likely to make the other person angry than to accomplish anything else. I need to say that to everyone, as a reminder.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whose thread is it again?

Taking a little trouble to actually read the posts and pay attention to them goes a long way to avoid flaming

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Could you answer threads or comment on issues with evidence?

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Really? Can you back that up? At all?

We'll start with processing your evidence and work from there. Might have to work hard, considering what a nasty troll I am by disagreeing with you. Ah well.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Got their own" Holocaust? :shrug: Oh, right: because they'd been asking for one.

I forgot your central thesis for a moment.

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Jewish Holocaust was hateful, systematic killing over a brief period of time and it struck Western nations more than that of seemingly no-named Soviets whose deaths were uncovered way after they occurred and whose killings were more numerous, but not more routine. Also, killing purely on ethnic grounds seems more horrifyingly senseless and base than is killing on political grounds.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  23. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Like you even care about that. Your first post in this thread essentially means that you think the Jewish holocaust is a big whinefest. Innocent query: are you of muslim or arab or middle eastern descent..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.