The Ineffability of God's Will

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tiassa, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

everybody discriminates, and i would argue that it's prudent to be discriminating when it comes to a sexual partner. i'm just questioning the basis of the discrimination. i myself would think it intelligent to discriminate based on things like morality, ethics, generosity, kindness, responsibility, honesty, intelligence, and not some inherent physical attribute.

and yeah, i discriminated based on all of those attributes, and decided that heart would make a great friend, and i was right. so why don't you go shove another ham sandwich down your piehole and mind your own business?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Down boy..

You don't quite understand what I meant..

Maybe you should not post your business on an open forum and have it open for discussion...:shrug:

If you do not like being told to stop being such a bitch to your friend, maybe you shouldn't be such a bitch to your friend.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Having a difference of opinion does not equate to being a bitch. She doesn't agree with me about Christ and tells me about it all the time. Does that make her a bitch? If you want to express your own views about the op or sexuality go right ahead, but you have no business telling me what I need to be doing in regards to a friendship you know nothing about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Yep, general insane-asylum-of-the-galaxy stuff here...
    But really even taking that control is a difficult project.
    And it's not one that's culturally-encouraged here...
    In a related fact, advertising is designed to feed us the idea that something external will make us happy...so by the time we hit adulthood we've been indoctrinated hundreds of thousands of times that happiness comes from outside. Oh, and that we ought to be happy all the time.
    No. Every emotion has its' place, the goal is not to cling or resist them.

Yeah...if I have substantially the same sort of relationship with a woman as a man it's not socially-sanctioned. I find this annoying, but not annoying enough to not have married my wife. Disapproval fail, wah-wah-wahhhhh.
    My strong suspicion is that sexual attraction and gender are hardwired in the brain from birth...partly based on research. But also, based on my observation that nobody wakes up one morning and says "Gee, I want to be a second-class citizen!" or "Gee, I think I'll have my penis filleted surgically and have them add a pair of boobs while they're at it! "
    These things are things that are uncomfortable and that you come to your own personal adjustment and terms with.

Hey, keep your over-consonanted person away from my missus!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  8. Bells Staff Member

Yeah. Apparently you're bad if you have surgery... Go figure..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm waiting for her to start saying that she can pray away the gay.. There's only that left of her lunacy now.

No. I don't know anything about your friendship.

But the fact that she even speaks to you after you said this to her:

"what else would you call it? you are eliminating approximately half of the human population because they posses a god given physical characteristic that ironically is necessary for you to have coitus, and that you have to then substitute dildos or fingers or whatever the hell you substitute for it. it makes no sense. you may as well say that you won't have sex with anyone with blonde hair, or a big nose, or black skin. it's ridiculous."​

You are her friend. But you just told her that because she has no desire to have sex with a man because he has a penis, she is somehow ridiculous. She may think that your belief in a deity is ridiculous. But you just told her she is ridiculous because she is a homosexual.. as in you told her she is ridiculous because of how she was born and who she is.. as in her identity and her self is ridiculous. There is a difference there.

And judging by her responses, that had an affect on her. Frankly, the fact that she is even willing to speak to you and still consider you her friend, after all that you have just said to her..

You should be thankful.

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Hmm, the drama of it all. Can't we like someone regardless of their sexuality...even if we disagree with it? Is that forbidden? Give it a rest already.

10. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Personally, I consider someone's sexual preference a non-issue. But apparently some people still have issues with it. :shrug:

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

A topic for another thread, I think. This thread has derailed, however.

12. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Heh ...

13. gmilam Valued Senior Member

It derailed into Lori-land a long time ago. Trying to "F" the ineffable.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Since you appear to be talking about sexual attraction then I'd say (orientation taken into consideration) you're talking, as usual, bollocks.
    E.g. hetero men don't (generally) find other men sexually attractive, lesbians don't find men sexually attractive etc etc.

Because you're clueless?

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Or pregnant.

16. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I think you underestimate sexuality.

17. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You give happiness a bad name!

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Yeah sorry signal, honesty sucks huh. It's been apparent you're not a big fan.

Now listen people, the truth is you can rub your junk up against just about anything and it's going to feel good. And if you close your eyes you have no idea if it's a man or a woman who's eating your pussy or sucking your dick, all you know is that it feels good. When it comes down to it, men and women aren't THAT different. We all have one head, one neck, two arms, two legs, eyes, ears, lips, hair, fingers and toes.

The truly open minded and honest people in this world are bisexual, because they're not hung up on all of these stupid lies you tell yourselves about your sexualities. Shit, most of the women in this world are having sex with battery operated devices. What kind of sexuality is that? Tell me there's a magical mystery gene that we just haven't found yet to explain that.

And to bells, until that magical mystery gene is found, I was born a Christian just as much as heart was born a lesbian.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

OF COURSE we can. OF COURSE. Some people are too stupid to understand that.

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Isn't it like a commitment that Christians should love everybody? In other words, regardless of what someone might believe, you still value that person? I'm just going off what I have heard. It might be only practiced by some. :shrug:

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Yes it is. It's definitely not a prerequisit for me to agree with someone about everything or think about everything the same way as someone else in order to love them. That would be impossible.

22. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You are the prophet, obviously, the Mother of the Kingdom. Who am I to disagree with you, right?

Here's a snapshot of Lori, while she is giving birth to The Kingdom -

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Gawd you're an ass.