The Inadequacy of Atheism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by lightgigantic, Oct 24, 2006.

1. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

I'll be in good company!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Thanks baum. Me too.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

In relation to this thread you certainly are appearing quite inadequate

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

True Baum, however theism was not their main motivator of their accomplishments. Fact is Columbus had to basically beg for the funds cuase they thought the earth was flat and would fall of the edge, Wright brothers were predicted to fail, cause the main claim of theist's "if god had wanted you to fly he would have given you wings" Do you think, mysticism was the prime motivator for their success?

On and on you can give examples of theist, who have made great accomplishments, yet it was religion who had tryied to stagnate their advancements! Leornardo Davinci for example, and Bruno were both theists yet they were excomunicated for agreeing with Copernicus.

8. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Yes, religions offer boundaries and ideals. But each religion offers a different set. Even within one sect of one religion there is not total conformity in terms of attitude. Different individuals can have different interpretations of the same scripture, and even when many people share the exact same view, the degree to which they each adhere to it will vary. My argument is not about the necessity of environmental management; it is about the lack of correlation between attitudes to the environment and to religion.