The Hypothesis of Matter

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by stumbledore, Dec 10, 2013.

1. stumbledore Registered Member

What if matter is just another type of wave?

Matter could be just another type of energy; a wave doubled over itself (into a loop) held together by strong force could form the elemental particles. This is slightly different from the string theory. Matter, I find, is a surprisingly difficult concept. If atoms are 99.9999...% matter, what is matter? If we could form a ball of pure matter, it would take the matter of the entire universe just to form one as big as a golf ball (...I think.) But, on a microscopic scale, what would pure matter be? Pure, simple existence? So matter = wave. This makes particle-wave duality make a lot more sense, too.

Thoughts, anyone?

I posted this in a similar forum once, but I didn't get the information I was looking for.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

When you say a pure ball of matter is I assume you mean matter that has no space between the atoms. There are no atomic structures like this but the material of a neutron star fits the bill. The matter in a neutron star is ultra dense - it is made from essentally pure mater with no space between the subatomic particles.

A 5cc sample of the interior a neutron star has a about the mass of mt everest.

In quantum physics it is known that mater has a wavelike nature. Electrons (which are matter) when shot through a diffraction grid will produce an interference pattern that is a result of the wavelike nature of the electrons.

Look up the "Schrödinger equation" on google.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Number 9 Bus Shelter Registered Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.