The Hubble Tends to Validate the Bible

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

There's nothing wrong with this thread, except your unwillingness to back up your assertions with evidence.
    Just start to do that and we'll be fine.
    Let's repair this thread by your backing up your propositions with actual science.

Pictures from the Hubble confirm problems with the Bible chronology, rather than corroborating the Biblical account.
    The opposite of your proposition.

Two major problems with the Bible Chronology.
    1. Trees with fruit cannot grow before the sun is lit. Not enough light available.
    2. When God separated the land from the sea, he shouldn't have needed to do it.
    They would already have separated under the influence of the gravity he used to form suns and planets.

As for "gravity created God". No, it's not logic. It's nonsense.
    It made me wonder whether you might be trolling, to tell you the truth.
    I hope not.
    Can you explain that idea further please.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Post 161.... Wow! I think we could have had a really interesting post in half that. Okay, so everyone pretty much opts for Occam's Razor?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I am not a moderator. Aside from that, you are making quite an extraordinary claim and that claim requires extraordinary evidence. The onus is completely on you to demonstrate that the claim is true. I have no issue using links to support your position but if your evidence is to tell someone to read through a wiki article and then reflect on it, well that's not a demonstration. Let me give you an example of what I mean by a demonstration that a claim is true.

My Claim: Sulfur hexafluoride is an invisible gas heavier than air.
    My Demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PJTq2xQiQ0
    My Demonstration's Description: A fish tank is filled with sulfur hexafluoride and a tinfoil raft is placed on top. The raft's weight is lighter than sulfur hexafluoride but heavier than air. The raft will literally float on top of the sulfur hexafluoride (it looks like it's floating in mid air in the tank); thus, showing that the sulfur hexafluoride is in fact heavier than air.

I have never had any PM conversations with you. You are likely confusing me for someone else (my guess is some moderator); however, I won't rule out that you might be insane ;3.

You should absolutely walk people through all the physics that go into supporting your claim. It is an extraordinary claim after all.

Whether you start a new thread or refactor this one is up to you. I would however suggest being very clear about your specific claim(s) and have very clear evidence.

I am not a moderator.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

At least it was grammatical and made sense.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It seems HectorDecimal wants a new thread on this topic. So, please continue [thread=112537]here[/thread].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.