the holy grail

So if I don't believe that he was born sinless, that he was just a man that people decided to worship, like Joseph Smith or David Koresh.

What then. What if he was just a man.

then you're not getting my point, because the ritual of communion would not mean anything to you at all. i mean, what do you think communion is about?

what do religious people think the ritual of communion is about anyway?

a way to kill some time in mass? have a little snack?

Last edited:
then you're not getting my point, because the ritual of communion would not mean anything to you at all. i mean, what do you think communion is about?

To me it's a religious term, although it doesn't have to be.

If my friends and I were to get together on the weekend to watch a game, I wouldn't say lets have a communion on Saturday.

This,

i conclude that this ritual is symbolic of a time when our blood will be cleansed of sin and communion with god and each other restored, in a kingdom of perfection and eternal life.

That is your conclusion based on

he was supposedly born without sin because of his divine or immaculate conception

And so if I don't believe in the above then I conclude that your conclusion is just pure fantasy. Do you see where I am coming from.

To me it's a religious term, although it doesn't have to be.

If my friends and I were to get together on the weekend to watch a game, I wouldn't say lets have a communion on Saturday.

This,

That is your conclusion based on

And so if I don't believe in the above then I conclude that your conclusion is just pure fantasy. Do you see where I am coming from.

yeah, but given the premise my conclusion makes sense. even without some religious context here. there is something undeniably wrong with humans. it, whatever it is, seems to be inherent in everyone, and has been throughout our recorded history. do you think that people have a barrier to communion?

did you read my personal interpretation of communion from my blog that i posted in another thread? i think it's safe to say we are far from this ideal.

why do you think that is?

yeah, but given the premise my conclusion makes sense. even without some religious context here. there is something undeniably wrong with humans. it, whatever it is, seems to be inherent in everyone, and has been throughout our recorded history

Ok so lets say you are correct about something being wrong with people, from birth. Which I don't agree with by the way.

Why make the leap to a sinless birth for this one man. What if he was just a man.

What if your premise is wrong. The rest of it falls apart.

did you read my personal interpretation of communion from my blog that i posted in another thread? i think it's safe to say we are far from this ideal

Which thread ?

Which thread ?

i found it...here's a copy...

this is something i wrote in my blog a while ago. just some personal feelings that i kind of went on about for a minute, and then mid-writing it occurred to me that's what it seemed like i was talking about. but this is a personal interpretation...

sunday thoughts...

i refer to myself as a nun, and i mean it. but what i really mean is, that i'm waiting for someone very special. if i were asked who that is, i could say someone who i trust...who i admire...who is strong...enough to be honest...but that's not true. i am really waiting for, who it is that was meant to be...my fate...my soulmate...my destiny. if i were asked what i would want to do with my life, i would say i want to create, feed, foster, nuture, encourage, protect, and defend...to love, develop, grow, learn, teach, and share everything i am and do, with someone who, would share everything they are and do, with me. and to appreciate each other with an unconditional acceptance that never wanes, because it's what we both desire for ourselves and each other, more than anything. a desire to achieve, complete and unbridled intimacy, through complete and uncompromised honesty, which to me, sounds like communion. it's the perfect balance that sustains and perfects life by giving it purpose and meaning. without it, everything i do, is either too important, or not important at all, like if there's nothing resting on the other side of my scale.

now, i started writing that with a mate in mind, but i realize that you can definitely apply that to relationships with all human beings, and to god. it's what god has shown me through the way he interacts with me, and the way i feel about him.

this is something else i wrote that could be relevant as well...

thinking of you...

you can have the greatest achievements
the most disappointing failures
the most paralyzing fear
the most intense joy
the most profound sorrow
and none of it means anything
without someone to share it with

Idealism worth striving for.

you can have the greatest achievements
the most disappointing failures
the most paralyzing fear
the most intense joy
the most profound sorrow
and none of it means anything
without someone to share it with

For the most part, yes. But I can think of one way. I have been places and done things either by myself or with a friend and we don't have any evidence of where we had been or done, no evidence of our experience, no photos etc.

But we or I still had those experiences and they are stored in my brain, I can relay those memories to others the best I can but it's not the same.

In the end, I don't care because I know that I experienced them and that is all that really matters. In other words, I don't have anything to prove.

How does this relate to:

he was supposedly born without sin because of his divine or immaculate conception

and

i conclude that this ritual is symbolic of a time when our blood will be cleansed of sin and communion with god and each other restored, in a kingdom of perfection and eternal life.

Idealism worth striving for.

For the most part, yes. But I can think of one way. I have been places and done things either by myself or with a friend and we don't have any evidence of where we had been or done, no evidence of our experience, no photos etc.

But we or I still had those experiences and they are stored in my brain, I can relay those memories to others the best I can but it's not the same.

In the end, I don't care because I know that I experienced them and that is all that really matters. In other words, I don't have anything to prove.

How does this relate to:

and

it's a biological way to realize the ideal.

Ok, but we still need him to be:

And then you go from there.

If he wasn't and was just a man, then the rest is caput.

if he was just a man, the ritual's a bunch of crap too, yes. and the entire new testiment, and christianity in general.

i just know that no one else i've ever spoken to or heard...preacher, theologian...has ever correlated such a thing as what i'm talking about here.

jpapple, this is a message i received, and it has a lot to do with all the weird spiritual shit i've been through.

i just wanted to get some ideas from others. it's unusual.

i just know that no one else i've ever spoken to or heard...preacher, theologian...has ever correlated such a thing as what i'm talking about here.

Possibly, maybe. Have you looked into it ?

if he was just a man, the ritual's a bunch of crap too, yes.

Ok, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page there.

and the entire new testiment, and christianity in general.

Yep.

Could you give some specifics. Which part have you never heard spoken before.

Could you give some specifics. Which part have you never heard spoken before.

well, i get the impression from religious people that they think of the ritual as a very general concept...the spilled blood, broken body. doesn't really seem like they know why they're eating it and drinking it. it's just something to do.

i've never ever heard of sin being described as a genetic defect or something that can biologically be engineered out.

it seems like religious people think this is all going to happen by magic. there is no questioning the logistics of it at all. just "poof! you now have eternal life!"

nothing is magic.

all they talk about is the blood of christ, the blood of christ, but do they ever stop to think about how blood that was spilled on the ground 2000 years ago will actually redeem us?

it was supposed to be sinless blood. we are sinners.

if we had sinless blood like him, we wouldn't be sinners anymore.

i've never heard anything like what i'm suggesting from a religious person.

Ok, I will tell you what the Holy Grail is and where to find it, but first you must bring me..............

A SHRUBBERY

well, i get the impression from religious people that they think of the ritual as a very general concept...the spilled blood, broken body. doesn't really seem like they know why they're eating it and drinking it. it's just something to do.

i've never ever heard of sin being described as a genetic defect or something that can biologically be engineered out.

it seems like religious people think this is all going to happen by magic. there is no questioning the logistics of it at all. just "poof! you now have eternal life!"

nothing is magic.

all they talk about is the blood of christ, the blood of christ, but do they ever stop to think about how blood that was spilled on the ground 2000 years ago will actually redeem us?

it was supposed to be sinless blood. we are sinners.

if we had sinless blood like him, we wouldn't be sinners anymore.

i've never heard anything like what i'm suggesting from a religious person.

Ok, so I googled this a little and found:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_MR_DeHaan/Chemistry/03.htm

This hurt my brain to read even some of it.

Considering the fact that there is more than one blood type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

But I agree that religious people don't think about these things, because they really don't want to know, your not supposed to question it. You might find answers that don't line up with reality.

It is all based on magic and faith. Although they don't consider it magic which is kind of funny because they sure have a problem with that word. Maybe because if you start thinking about other claims of magic it starts to sound like what they are proposing.

I know that you have claimed to not follow the religious, the preacher per se, but where I get confused with you is that you believe in god (ok) but use the bible as the source of at least some of what you are proposing. Ie that we are all sinners and were born with sin and were born in need of cleansing.

If the bible is bs, which I claim it is. Do you believe in dinosaurs ?

Then it's not the word of god and therefore all of the stories are human creations. IE, jesus was just a man.

LOFL. What kind of shrubbery oh knights who say neek.

It must look nice and not be too expensive. And you shall place a second shrubbery next to it but slightly higher up with a little path running down the middle.... and you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with....
A HERRING :p

Back