The History of Islamic Terrorism

Discussion in 'History' started by Fraggle Rocker, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopold Valued Senior Member

the change that is needed is for the islamic militants to realize that they are pawns being used by the worlds military and political leaders.
    you must admit that terrorism is a powerful weapon when combined with political and/or military might.

the above is probably THE single biggest reason that islamic terrorism is going to be almost impossible to eradicate.
    as soon as progress is made, the militaries of the world throws a left hook stating that "the christians are winning" or some other statement to set us against each other again.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The reality, and history speaks for itself. Christianity's past is filled with murder

Let us address 1099 (I believe) when the Christians first took Jerusalem. What did they do? Murder every single Moslem living within it, even women and children.

What did Sallahudeen do when he took it later, around 1187? He let the Christians live.

The difference is that the majority of Christian countries aren't being invaded and are at a state of peace, whereas the Middle East still has unresolved issues. The reason there is not much violence in Christian countries is because there is no need, nor justification for it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, that is the change needed. We must take down the head before the body, so we must attack the source of the propaganda and extremism to stop it spreading.

Almost impossible? Absolutely not. We must cut off the head of the snake, in order to destroy it. Destroy the extremist leaders, and their followers will disperse. Or die.

There is no need for such a statement. The Christians have lost and now serve the Jews. Where is the call for a Christian Crusade? I highly prefer Jerusalem in Christian hands much more than it in Jewish hands.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

I think you aren't getting the message. If the terrorism we see today were Christian you would be right because Christianity at it's heart is non-violent. There is nothing to continue propagating the violence once the few nutcases are gone.

To purge the violence in Islam one would need to purge most of the basis for the religion.

Islam would have to remove all references to fighting non-believers, condemnation of non-believers, all descriptions of non-believers as cursed, descendants of pigs and monkeys and enemies of Allah intent to destroy Islam, subjugating, taxing, and humiliating non-believers, parts of the Qur'an that basically describe the art of war, breaking of treaties, Taqiyya, abrogation of less violent verses, penalties for apostasy, supremacist philosophy, eliminate the end-of-times prophesy where all remaining Jews and Christians are slaughtered, eliminate Sharia law as a theocracy to add support for democracy, remove many rules for financial transactions, eliminate jihad as a requirement, eliminate the concepts of dar al-Islam and dar al-harb, eliminate the concept of Dhimmitude, and probably many other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

There wouldn't be enough left to have a religion I doubt. I pray current Islamic reformists can do this, I just don't see it possible.

I can visualize world peace. But it doesn't include Islam.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Duh??? What planet do you live on where you can find an important Christian sect that fits that definition? Certainly not the Paulism that has been passing as Christianity for about 1700 years on my planet. As Carl Jung observed, "No wars in history have been as bloody as those among the Christian nations."

Christianity, like Islam, reinforces Homo sapiens's tribal "us versus them" instinct and generates tribal wars. The only reason it appears milder than Islam in our era is that it is a few hundred years older. The Christian community has been steadily secularizing since the Enlightenment, except among a few tribes of Stone Age throwbacks like the Americans.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, I get your message. And Christianity also makes references to unbelievers and such, as well as homosexuals. They do, they very well do.

Therefore, it can also occur within Islam, but the change won't be religious, it will be within society.

10. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

Are other religions as violent as Islam. Really?

Bringing other religions down to the level of Islam is one of the most popular strategies of Muslim apologists, and liberal atheists, when confronted with the spectacle of Islamic violence.

But Islam is associated with Islamic terrorism because that is the association that the terrorists themselves choose to make.

Islamic terrorists staged more than ten thousand deadly attacks since September 11th, 2001. If one goes back to 1971, when Muslim armies in Bangladesh began the mass slaughter of Hindus, through the years of Jihad in the Sudan, Kashmir and Algeria, and the present-day Sunni-Shia violence in Iraq, the number of innocents killed in the name of Islam probably exceeds five million over this same period.

In the last six years, there have been perhaps a dozen or so religiously inspired killings by people of all other faiths combined. No other religion produces the killing sprees that Islam does nearly every day of the year. Why?

Because no other religion has verses in their holy texts that give blanket support to killing non-believers. Nor do other religions have large groups across the globe dedicated to the mass murder of people who worship a different god.

Muslims may like to pretend that other religions are just as subject to "misinterpretation" as is their “perfect” one, but the reality speaks for itself.

11. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

Yes, Christians view homosexuality as a sin, like any other sin. So what? What does Muhammad (PBUH) say to do with homosexuals? What does Jesus say?

True the Islamic reform must include society, but remember Islam is not just a religion, it is society, it is government, it regulates all aspects of life. The term "secular" has no meaning.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Didn't you post that?

You don't understand, though. It isn't religion here, it's how you interpret and act on it. Islam is no more violent than Christianity, but Christians don't take their Book literally, whereas some Moslems do. Society is, when you look at it, the cause of the violence.

After all, you didn't address my point that in 1099, the Crusaders, after taking Jerusalem, murdered every Moslem within, even those who surrendered AND WOMEN AND CHILDREN

Salhadeen let them go when he took it in 1187.

Society is the cause here. Extremism is the cause. If, as you say, it's Islam itself, why then do not all Moslems participate or support the extremism?

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

To kill them, both say. They deserve it, after all. Look at the MidWest in the US, how many gay beatings do you see? And who commits them? White or Christian supremacist groups.

Islam IS society? No. Otherwise, every majority Islamic city, nation, whatever, would be exactly the same. Dubai and Beirut are very different. Riyadh and Damascus are very different.

14. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

I didn't bother addressing your point because you had to go all the way back to 1099 to find an example of Christian brutality, which furthers my point, not yours.

15. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

I recommend you actually read the New Testament. Nowhere does Jesus say to kill homosexuals. The general message is to love your enemies. A Christian extremist group goes against their own teachings. They go against the State, and are quite rare.

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, I didn't have too, but that was just a good example involving both Christians and Moslems. I could've gone back only a few hundred years.

Christianity states that homosexuality is a sin, and therefore they will burn in hell. Even if Islam states to take them out, BOTH state that it is wrong, but the difference is that Islam merely tells you to take action. But both share that belief, and Christians do frown and even take action on it

17. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

A few hundred years? Still makes my point - thanks. How far back do I have to go to find examples of Islamic extremists? How about earlier TODAY? A Pakistani Islamist killed 54 people with an explosive vest packed with ball bearings to kill as many people as possible. And he did it in a Mosque! He's killing his own people!

No, Christianity does not say all homosexuals will burn in hell. Please refrain from commenting on Christian beliefs; you have no idea of what you speak.

Even if it were true, you make my point again! You are quite correct, Islam does say to kill them, Christianity does not. Is that not a rather large and important difference?

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And Christians killed their own people not long ago in Ireland. Your point is that Christianity TODAY is not as violent as Islam, and that is true. HOWEVER, the change wasn't religious, because Christianity wasn't re-written in the past decades, it was social and within society.

In the nature of sin, and such a major sin as that, it is obvious that they will.

Christianity does not say NOT to kill them, and history has shown the harsh treatment of homosexuals by Christians.

And no, it isn't a too big difference when both of them view it as a major sin, only one tells you to take action, but the other never says not to.

Both view it as wrong.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And Christians stood up against the terrorist and brought a stop to that political terrorism, it was terrorist for political purpose divided by religion, and no for the purpose of ruling the world, and changing everyone into a Protestant, of a Catholic.

It was terrorism and denounce by all Christians, and the Christian Mothers both Catholics and Protestants, were the one who brought a end to the killing because they were tired of watching their Children, Husbands, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, and loved one die, and no one ever claimed that the murders were going to Paradise because they murdered a Catholic or a Protestant.

The Churches all through out the conflict denounced the actions of both side, all I hear from Islam is that they have the right, because they are the offended ones, and the chosen of God.

But today, only one declares it righteous to kill the Homosexual, the other doesn't, and sorry its Moslems that have no problem killing a Homosexual.

In the New Testament there is no command to kill homosexuals, the command is to love the sinner not the sin, but today only in Moslem countries are Homosexuals killed for there Homosexuality.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

God told Bush to attack Iraq and Afghanistan

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Allah told Mohammad, Mohammad told the Believers, and they attacked the rest of the world.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So are you following your Prophet and killing people in Iraq (as you did in Vietnam)?

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto Gods what is Gods.

And you defend these actions, 10,000,000 Moslems killed by their fellow Moslems since 1950, and billions killed since the Prophet had his first fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.