The historical origins of the Christian notion of the Trinity

Discussion in 'Religion' started by billvon, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, just read it as written. I consider it a public duty.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Atheism does not offer a historical review and explanation of divine creation.
    It just offers; "Thou shalt have no false gods before thee", on the premise that all gods are false, based on available evidence, statistically NONE.

It's not complicated, historically or otherwise. There is no historical evidence of a God at all.

There is historical evidence of belief in gods, but that goes back to before recorded history.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

The creepy batman voice makes it sound more authoritative IMHO.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Phew.
    That's a relief.
    Studying history is such a drag.

8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

By your own admission, you declare an absolute intolerance for any perceived lacking in truth or detail, yet you have a world view stacked to the hilt with such inadequacies. It's not just you, but rather the nature of our position to bring "reason" to our world view, and not vice versa.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Please be specific.
    I am having another cuppa before I leave.
    Not sure I understand you.

I hope you are not suggesting my view that the universe is eternal is not a fact with supporting evidence readily available on the net.

I actually did some research and found it (like most ideas) has been thought of earlier..Aristotllle for one..he is ancient and real so the idea must be correct.

I hope you wont deny or reject the eternal universe and then go on to say God is eternal.
    If you need creation you need to tell me how God was created.
    Seriously how do you manage that concern ..you would have wondered I expect..any thoughts?

But please address my question re your take on the flood and the theory of evolution and perhaps the virtue of scientific method.

I am keen to know what you believe in an effort to understand your world view...then attack it☺

No ..you are ok..if you answer my questions but failure to do so will also help me understand you.

Too personal I expect... and perhaps fear of ridicule will hold you back ...maybe a realisation that your position is weak.

And also what do you think about the big bang and the age of the universe..the eternal universe that is.

I bet you will avoid my question care to take that bet.

Alex

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I think he is stupid enough to think he is smart but not smart enough to understand he's stupid

I don't like to play the person not the game but in cases where no game offered the person is fair game

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's about the size of it.

Regarding the standard fare of atheist discourse dropping off at point no. 4, Tiassa has said the same thing. Something about a laxness in enforcing forum standards because (our) atheists weren't accustomed to rising to the mark.

12. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

As far as "our world of swimming pool turds" goes, things start getting well and truly fecal before we arrive at the macroscopic platform. We are constitutionally relegated to guesswork and uncertainty at every pensive moment of our metonymic lives. If we want to work soley and wholly by the addage of "seeing is believing", we will simply cease to work. Atheists tend to simply bluster about living an ideal life devoid of any namby pamby flexure, but stand bristled to the hilt in the very subjectivities they deem as sacrilegious. They proceed to do this complex waltz of hypocrisy as they move between atheism and agnosticism, according to whether they are on the offense or defense, meanwhile they individually and collectively tend to rot or flourish in accordance to their performances of crimes and kindnesses in accordance to the broader panorama of scriptural information about existing in this world.

As far as trying to kick over the apple cart by wrangling any historical or scientific discrepency from scripture (especially something like the bible which overs a treasure trove of such delights) that bears merit in direct accordance to the before mentioned panorama.

https://www.reasonablefaith.org/que...fficulties-be-an-obstacle-to-christian-belief

Are you kicking the cart over or merely knocking mud off the wheel?
    There is a certain victory that seems imminent to atheists in their attack on scriptures, for as long as they don't look at such works as drawing a particular, essential conclusion. Some theists even seem to capitalize on this weakness ... kind of like a grumpy sibling saying "don't you dare lay a finger on me" , which prompts the other to playfully wiggle their finger an inch in front of their nose.

https://answersingenesis.org/ministry-news/ark-encounter/our-real-motive-for-building-ark-encounter/

One has to wonder whether this fringe-dwelling fault-finding mentality is at the core of atheism or simply a low hanging fruit sort of skillset that lends itself to the world view of it. It could be some form of symbiosis, where there is an endeavour to extinguish the symptoms but wholeheartedly nourish and sustain the cause. Sisyphusatic might be a better description, but I don't think it's an actual word.

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Lets not be unkind or judgemental.

Folk will demonstrate their ability or lack of with no commentary from onlookers....a theists is in a position where folk may think they are stupid but we need to understand they have often been brainwashed ... and what appears to be their stupidity is in fact just stupidity placed there by others.

If they thought for themselves I feel they would be as competent as an atheist.

I have a rather original and novel philosophy which has me respecting others and to turn the other cheek to an attacker.

Its a new concept consistent with an eternal universe.☺

Great day so I thought I would visit my friends here.

Alex

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Being brainwashed is one aspect

Taking your own brain out
    putting it through the washing machine
    hanging it out to dry
    forgetting to bring it in and put it back

is a whole new level of stupidity

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You crack me up.

I havent had such a good laugh in a long time.

Honestly you are a master☺

You remind me of me years ago..I used to love writing like that or running a conversation like that...my first wife would often say to me ..you can talk for an hour and at first I think you are profound but when I try to work out what you have said I really cant figure out what you have said and all I can think is you have said nothing at all...other times she would interupt and say "oh cant you just stop your bullshit"...or the greatest insult "you would make a great politician".

Few appreciate the art.

Anyways well done.

I think you avoid the facts.

Scripture is just made up stuff...made up by folk who like the sound of their own voices and actually believe they are saying something thinking folk have not already worked out...but I guess suffering from lack of self esteem they recognise their thoughts would be ignored by reasonable folk and so they involve what they consider a higher authority but as these authors are usually nobodies they can not drop a name cause they do not know anyone of importance nor can they point to something of significance we in modern times would highlight in our portfolio so they create a fictional character to whom they assign great power and a short fuze as the person that is guiding their works so they may be respected and that their works be read which certainly that would not happen at all if they were not able to employ their invisable bully boy.

Oh I was getting around to the point that the thing these scriptures hold in common is they offer no evidence of the invisable bully boy and prey upon the gulibility of their readership to accept their fictional character as real and dangerous punctuating peaceful solicitations with promises of an eternal hell provided by their made up boogyman...again we have hints of an eternal universe at least in one direction☺.

However I understand you feel humans need a fear of an all powerful entity else they would be beyond control and sadly you could be correct but would it not be wonderful if humans could do better and manage without superstition and fear ofa non existant enforcer.

So we are back to made up stories, the flood, the fiction of the creation of humans ignoring the established science embodied in the well established and well tested and proven Theory of Evolution.

Again I enjoy your work.

I guess you are determinded to avoid my questions ... I wonder if you will get sick of me asking or I will get sick of asking ...what seems a simple way out would be to comment upon Evolution and the Flood simply to shut me up.

Alex