--== The Future Of NASA ==--

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by A Canadian, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well they do have the evacuation soyoz attached to the ISS which will hold 3. However, that would leave nobody on the ISS... and I don't think they would leave it without supervision.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No lets just leave them up there to die then? Like what almost happened to the Mir cosmonauts after the Soviet union collapsed!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Whoa, calm down... we are not 'leaving them up there to die'. We are probably leaving the up there until we can get replacements sent. I was just saying that, in an emergency & if the shuttle is not available, they have an escape capsule to use. The capsule is probably the first means of escape anyway unless a shuttle just happens to be going up soon.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cthulhu Banned Banned

Good luck trying to buy life insurance if you are a shuttle astronaut. I don't like your chances. One of Mike Tysons sparring partners would have better luck.

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Nasa predicted a disaster every 100 flights.... it's been 88 since Challenger. I think the insurance companies have a fairly good number to base rates on :/

9. youngbiologist Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

persol. the shuttle just blew up.

10. empennage Soccer King Registered Senior Member

I spoke with my friend that works for United Space Alliance and who was working this mission (but not during the re-entry phase). She said that the ISS astronauts are scheduled to be up there until June, and as you say tehy can be brought down using the soyuz capsule. They can also be re-supplied using soyuz capsules. So for the forseeable future the ISS crew is safe even if NASA has to ground the shuttle fleet.

11. Rick Valued Senior Member

Cthulhu,

We have so many Airbus crashes in a year,does that mean Air Industry has no future?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

12. Cthulhu Banned Banned

No future? Oh yeah. I did say that. Just depression. Nasa will ride over the bump. Forget I said that.
    I was pointing out the possible blowout in insurance premiums. Those Shuttles aren't getting any younger and if I was an insurance salesman I'd think twice about selling life coverage to astronauts now. Seven just disintegrated close on the anniversary of the last Shuttle disaster.
    Buisnesses have survived Sept 11 insurance hikes and Astronauts aren't joining for the possibility of a big death payout.

13. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

well that shuttle burned up couple days ago... they might not even have a future....

unless they use my idea.....

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh and that would be :bugeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.