The Fourth of July

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Jul 4, 2007.

1. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

My thoughts exactly, Chi.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Baron Max: "A lot of people died to enforce those words and to give those words meaning."

What people- Please be specific.

"How truly sad that you don't even know the answer to that."

I was asking what you meant. You seem to treat it as a simple answer that I should know

Please explain to me who died to enforce and give meaning to the words in our Declaration of Independence. These words do not seem to require a blood-sacrifice for validation:

Leaving blood-sacrifice aside, consider that many of US wars have been waged for reasons other than the defense of these freedoms. Iraq is one recent example that comes to mind. Vietnam is another nation that has never threatened American freedom. That's why I'm asking for you to be specific.

I can readily agree with you, that the Revolutionary War was necessary for the birth of this nation. I can join you in honoring the sacrifices made in these and other struggles. But I don't understand what you mean when you say that "a lot of deaths are what gave these words meaning" as if I don't understand, or as if there was no meaning before there was death. So can you be more specific?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao: sandy's posts just keep getting more and more ridicolous.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Don't they?

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Just when you think they can't get any worse.......she/he does it again.

9. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

I'm wondering where she is. Show yourself, Sandy!

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Sandy is delivering the flags to the shut ins as we speak .I wonder what he or she dresses up as in the parade.....lmao I can only imagine....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Well she better hurry.

I assume she is a she. Am I correct? Huh, Sandy? Am I?

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

the jury is still out on that one gondolin

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Hopefully Sandy comes in and clears that up.

14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Oddly, it was July 2, 1776, that they voted for independence. On July 4, they just approved and signed the final draft of the Declaration (the letter informing the king of the vote they held two days earlier) and released it to the Philadelphia papers.

15. John99 Banned Banned

Thats beautiful Sandy:bawl:

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Nobody. That's why as stated, they stress the importance of hard workers. So they can go sailing on their yacht and partake in activities provided by hard working morons that continue to do all the labor for them. Hard workers are idiots. This whole holiday is a total farce. I will celebrate independence as soon as my planet is independent from the oppressive grip of the United States of Americrap, and their military along with all the idiot soldiers that only join because they cannot find a better way to take care of themselves.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Wow, never realised people could get that desperate. The life of a shut-in is lonely indeed!

18. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Don't worry, they have flags now. They're good.

19. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Only in the same sense that Ann Coulter is.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think its nice that she visits shut ins. No matter what her thought process is, its nice.

21. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Of course it's nice of her to visit shut-ins, but if we don't give somebody a hard time, nobody is going to have any fun... and she just happens to have a big target on her.

22. sandy Banned Banned

W.T.F???
    Many of our brave troops joined after 911 in response to the evil muslim attack. We have the finest, bravest, smartest troops in the world. :bravo:

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States." -Ann Coulter

God Bless America and our troops. :bravo:

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no we don't. That's arrogant. We don't have the monopoly on bravery and intelligence. How many British soldiers are being tried for murder and rape?

Oh, and God Bless Iraq, and Mexico, and China, and the United Kingdom, and Chile, and Romania, and even you sandy. Because God doesn't pick favorites, no matter what.