The Fix Is In in Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

If George W Bush could win 40 + percent of the vote in the USA in 2004 then it is entirely plausible that Ahmadinejad could win 60 + percent of the Iranian vote in 2008.

Intelligent educated Americans and Iranians would never support the the style of politicians that Bush and Ahmadinejad and Mussolini are but the ignorant fearful patriotic masses have always been more numerous than the intelligent educated people.

People in college or holding college degrees are the only groups that "Terror free tomorrow" 's polls showed as supporting Mousavi and they are not that large of a percentage of the Iranian population.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Listen to that crowd: They're jubilant with their own business, and some may be making assumptions about God's.

So, let's bomb them. Who do they think they are?

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Yes, a fair appraisal SAM. The high percentage voter turnout (80% plus) does give the 60% a better credibility. Lets see what happens.

9. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Yes of course. And Iran has an offensive nuke program and is intent on wiping firstly Israel from the map, and then the WORLD! That is the typical Western view, so obviously the election outcome will be condemned and discounted.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Not only that, Mousavi sounds like a Greek casserole. Does he have a scarier middle name? Hussein... Yeah- Amir-al-hussein-al-manyak-abu-Moussa.

And can't they muster a good scowling glower anymore? Khomeini was the shiznit.

We need an enemy worth fighting- really ugly, with a threatening name.

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Expecting Western voter behavior and percentages, in non Western elections is not necessarily reasonable.
    (http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=987793)

12. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Be that as it may, what occurs in the Islamic Republic are not "non Western elections," but rather "non elections."

13. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

You are free to form opinions and call it what you want. Just because the horse backed by the West did not win, this does not negate the validity of the election.

(http://en.rian.ru/world/20090615/155258614.html)

14. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The West did not back a horse in that process.

And it would not have been a legitimate election regardless of the outcome. The Islamic Republic is structured to be incompatible with free and fair elections:

Neither Free Nor Fair, Elections in the Islamic Republic of Iran

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Tell that to the North Koreans....

I'm not convinced that Iranians have balls big enough to physically remove their theocratic Dictators but one things seems to be sure - the genie has been let out of the bottle.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This alone shows the vote was rigged. AT least to some degree.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  17. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Your right, the west wants to shoot all those horses and sell them as dog food.

Your right about Iran's government being designed to be undemocratic too. Not that the USA is doing all that well on that front. Being a Californian I am not very happy with North Dakota having as many Senators as California. I also am not happy with the way the US media and corporate campaign contributers effectively select the candidates for public office in the USA. The USA is more democratic than Iran which is more democratic than Jordan which has better government than Congo but the USA still is a failure at democracy when compared to what should be possible.

18. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Maybe, but George McGovern lost his home state.

What did the majority of Iranians really feel about those two candidates?

19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

DH, I'm not discounting the fact that he may have won quite fairly. I completely assumed he would win! That doesn't discount the fact that there are some massive irregularities and statistical oddities in this election.

20. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The only way we could ever know that would be a free and fair election including both of them. And since those are not allowed in Iran, we're left to speculate.

21. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

22. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Of course they did. ANY horse but Ahmadinejad.

Yes, sadly the process does not equate to Western Democratic standards, most glaringly the lack of independent monitoring. And as you say, we are left to speculate.

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Is it just me, or does everyone here have a bit of fun mispronouncing Ahmadinejad as I'm-a-dinner-jacket

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I know many Muslims who tout Iran as the perfect example of an Islamic State. Now, I wonder, when it fails, as it is doing as we speak - who gets' the blame? Is it the Iranian people? Is it the Jews? Is it the Peruvians fault? Or could it be that the Islamic ideology is itself at fault?

Anyway, it's good we tried the experiment so we can now say: Yup, doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.